Toast Matty Jaensch

Remove this Banner Ad

40porpoise

Club Legend
Aug 29, 2013
AFL Club
Adelaide
So yes we can now safely say we suck. Our team sucks our coaching sucks our gameplan sucks our fitness sucks.

But the one shining light so far this year has been Matthew Jaensch. I was his biggest critic, but he's been taking the game on and showing a bit of toe, kicking some big goals, and his defensive work has improved vastly.

But most importantly he shows a bit of passion and plays with some heart. Well done Jaenschy, keep it up!

Most definitely. He has been doing his job both offensively and defensively perfectly. It's reminding me of when Douglas had his breakthrough season! Keep up the good work Matty!! :D

Also just to add that's he's leading our club in disposals!! :thumbsu:

It's funny, yesterday I was going through our injuries and thinking about the players we have on the field who are not best 22. Usually I would put Jaensch in that group of depth players who I prefer not to see in the team but he is definitely earning his place and well deserves to be in the team. He is playing really well and perhaps demonstrating why the coaching staff have continued to persevere with him when a lot of us (including me) had thought he wasn't up to it. Well done Matty!

I'll grudgingly admit I was thinking the same thing, I think you can now class Jaensch with Dangerfield, Sloane and Douglas as good AFL standard the only problem is you need to triple that number around the ground (at least), although Smith might not be too far away (another season or 2).

Keep going Matty.. Amazing turnaround so far..

In the pre-season he said it was the first time he got his body right and where he wanted it, and he was hoping to have a real crack at breaking through this year..
Gives us something different and some energy..

Was especially impressed with the goal he kicked. About one of the one times someone in the tri-colours looked like they were playing aggressive out there. It did look like he was looking to pass it off, but then had a bit of a Danger like "screw it, I'll do it myself" decision and kept going and kicked it.

Almost prepared to eat Humble Pie here.

Still think he's best served on a wing as his attacking side could be hugely valuable but his defensive work is improving. One thing MJ has never lacked has been passion, like him or not he has given his all each game and now we are seeing some polish.

Hope he and the few other shining lights can drag the others with them.

Would like to see him in mid rotation - what have we to lose, and least he is playing like he cares

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How good was that mark! Doing it beautifully is MJ. Where are the drop Jaensch brigade? It doesn't matter how well he actually played you still need to call for him to be dropped and delisted don't let your standards slip.

If he can show more dash and run off a half back flank and kick more goals like he did yesterday, I'll eat my hate.

However, he still has a long way to go and right now, he will be a modern day Robert Shirley, Michael Doughty, or Brent Reilly who have zero hurt factor. Gets the ball plenty but doesn't have a very high hurt factor when they get it.

Will just get by with the possession they get but it never amounts to anything.

If he can show more dash and run off a half back flank and kick more goals like he did yesterday, I'll eat my hate.

However, he still has a long way to go and right now, he will be a modern day Robert Shirley, Michael Doughty, or Brent Reilly who have zero hurt factor. Gets the ball plenty but doesn't have a very high hurt factor when they get it.

Will just get by with the possession they get but it never amounts to anything.
Totally disagree he is a far better kick and much more damaging than all those players.

The knock has never been his hurt factor it's been his defensive efforts which he has improved to an acceptable level. The rest of his game is quite good.

Totally disagree he is a far better kick and much more damaging than all those players.

The knock has never been his hurt factor it's been his defensive efforts which he has improved to an acceptable level. The rest of his game is quite good.
Also a bit of composure with the ball, which has improved a lot too..

That's fine and happy to change my mind.

Loved his goal yesterday but until he can changed those other areas, he will have his critics.

At the start of the year I thought his future had more or less been stamped, but he's going about it pretty well, and it would be even better if he stopped doing those dinky kicks sideways.

Nah he's playing well; he looks to have bulked up a bit too.
I loved the way he straightened and nailed that goal yesterday, he made up his mind to go for it and didn't look sideways, backwards or timid...like a lot of our team who are too scared to back em selves I reckon.

I somewhat expected him to give it a real crack this year after an instagram picture he posted not long after the new year which had a few recent pictures collaged together (all football pics). the caption was something along the lines of "these picture are mostly of 2012 because I achieved nothing i set out to in 2013." I thought it was good to see he was obviously quite disappointed with his poor year and wanted to get more games and have more influence. I'd say he is achieving that so far

edit. it was more of a photo loop, and the caption was "2013 I achieved none of my goals, I couldn't get a kick, I spent 95% of the year pissed off, that is why 95% of my photos are from 2012! #bringon2014#howyabeen#vvvvt"

Remove this Banner Ad

Back