Toast Matty Jaensch

Remove this Banner Ad

He's been immense this season, and thankfully he's beginning to put together a good season. His goal against Sydney this year is still one of the massive highlight for me. One thing I have noticed of him against GWS, was how he stagnated GWS's ball movement in the midfield by taking intercepting marks. If he keeps chopping off the other team's ball movement like that, he'll really provide us with some handy counter-attacking footy :thumbsu:

I had a massive serving of humble pie last night...
Matty you ve earnt your spot as best 18 in the team i love...
Would still like him to use the distance he has in his leg a little more but blokes have to give him the option further down field.

Turning into a genuine gun that can influence a match. I always loved his kicking and smooth moving but had no idea he had such marking ability. Is reading the play and backing himself confidence is a wonderful thing.

We have found 3 players this year already in Jaensch, Kerridge and M.Crouch. All looking like they will make it.

Well done Matty.
The thing that stands out to me this year is his contested marking.
Looks like he has done a heap of work to improve this part of his game and it is really paying off now.
Who ever thought we would be saying that MJ is a weapon in the backlines

Turning into a genuine gun that can influence a match. I always loved his kicking and smooth moving but had no idea he had such marking ability. Is reading the play and backing himself confidence is a wonderful thing.

We have found 3 players this year already in Jaensch, Kerridge and M.Crouch. All looking like they will make it.
absolutely, before he always seemed 3 paces off his man down back but now he's actually getting into the right spots and it makes a massive difference to his impact.

as for the other 3, I'm putting Hartigan in that category too. This year may not be his breakout year, but next year ought to be at this rate. Maybe even include Lairdy who looks like he can do a lot more than hang around down back:)

I can't work out how he didn't get straight onto a senior list.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back