Toast Matty Taberner

Remove this Banner Ad

Really did run all day. First half was exceptional.

Could see how spent he was when lining up for goals.

Congrats and a nice stepping stone for down the track.

Noticed this as well. He's clearly an elite athlete but it's the reason N Reiwoldt (the established player he most resembles without the ability to take a pack mark but hopefully that will come) also misses set shots he should kick IMO.

Noticed this as well. He's clearly an elite athlete but it's the reason N Reiwoldt (the established player he most resembles without the ability to take a pack mark but hopefully that will come) also misses set shots he should kick IMO.

I felt he was too quick to haunch over and look spent. Needed to get back quicker, then take his time and go through his routine. His snap in the end seemed rush despite the fact he used his 30 seconds.

Anyway, he did play very well and 2 missed shots wasn't just his fault. We had the yips!

All of the pre season watchers were impressed with Tabs.He had a great pre season but it looked like it was going to be a false summer with his early form for Peel.
Grabbed the bull by the horns this last couple of games and shown that his pre season showing wasnt a fluke
Another great rookie selection by the club

Stoked for him. I mentioned a while ago that I was disappointed that our best 22 was the same as the GF team from last year. Now its got Neale (he was sub), Croz and big Tab leading the way!! Really great effort by the club to develop a rookie KPF up to this level also.

Stoked for him. I mentioned a while ago that I was disappointed that our best 22 was the same as the GF team from last year. Now its got Neale (he was sub), Croz and big Tab leading the way!! Really great effort by the club to develop a rookie KPF up to this level also.

Ibbo too, FWIW.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I am included in that. Have not rated him. Really stoked for the kid. It's a good sign for our club to have a key forward rising star. Sign the kid up
Even when you make the wrong call on a player, always feels good that the club got it right. I was worried Duffys body
wouldnt stand up to AFL, glad to be proven wrong. For all the BS about Lyon not playing attacking footy, or forwards, we
have some talent to build on.

For all the posters who didnt rate Tabs, our first nomination for awhile.

Yeah posted in the pos/neg thread, last one was Clarke in 2011, Fyfe and Morabito before that in 2010.

Neale was unlucky in 2011 and then wasn't eligible in 2012 having played 1 game to many to qualify, he should have got one. In teams like ours (serious finalists) it's a bit of luck of the draw when you play and who else has good games at the time.

Anyway, great for Tabs to get one. Well deserved.

Tell us more about Stan Magro on informing freo should have a look at Tabs?

I posted this on him not long after he was drafted by us:

He is sounding the goods, recruited from Murray Bushrangers via Myrtleford after having only played a few games (3 or 4 ?) towards the end of the season after switching clubs from Myrtleford. Pretty sure we only got on to him because Stan Magro (ex Freo assistant) is coach of Myrtleford and apparently we have had an eye on him all last season:

http://www.bordermail.com.au/story/1180460/dockers-had-matt-tabbed/

If he had spent an entire season playing for Murray Bushrangers he would of been have been much higher on other clubs radars.

I felt he was too quick to haunch over and look spent. Needed to get back quicker, then take his time and go through his routine. His snap in the end seemed rush despite the fact he used his 30 seconds.

Anyway, he did play very well and 2 missed shots wasn't just his fault. We had the yips!
He'll be better with anther pre season under his belt (captain obvious(. Reckon he'll be a staple next year.

He'll be better with anther pre season under his belt (captain obvious(. Reckon he'll be a staple next year.

Great to see Pav go again. So much to learn off the champ.

Only 21 so could be anything around that 24-28 year old bracket.

At least he has given himself confidence to know he can influence games. I like the little hip nudge he has used quite often. He did it against Essendon when Simpson passed him the ball and did it a couple of times on the weekend.

Hoping he gets a good run of games and finals would be massive for him like it was for Sutcliffe.

unexpected but well deserved !!! congrats matt and i will say that next time i see him at the shops :)

I see him at the shops a few times too. Along with Tanner Smith and Duffy. I also once saw Tanner working his magic with two lasses outside Tutti Fruitti in Leederville. He was wearing a putrid vest though so not sure how well he did.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back