News Matty White to Port

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The HS saying we will receive nothing in return. .... Could this be right ? Or is it we receive nothing from Port but something from the AFL?

Nothing from Port
Something from AFL - if we don't offset the Free Agents out with Free Agents in

He will probably improve at Port but I'm not too worried about seeing him move on. I don't think he's a player that can be a component of a really good team, too one dimensional.

But I would have liked to keep him. Free Agency is crap.

Spoke to the source - who has been 100% in his news re: Adams and Hampson.

Says that the deal that sent White to Port, was similar to that of Clinton Young to Collingwood last year - and therefore they may receive a 3rd round pick as compensation (as a best case scenario).

Also says that they will get nothing for McGuane.

Hey Tigers fans, me and a few others on the Port board are a bit confused about why Matt White has still never done any media appearances or PTV videos or anything like that despite having been on our list for over a month and a half. Was he media-shy at Richmond too?

Hey Tigers fans, me and a few others on the Port board are a bit confused about why Matt White has still never done any media appearances or PTV videos or anything like that despite having been on our list for over a month and a half. Was he media-shy at Richmond too?
He's a mute. Makes it a little hard to do much talking ;)

Na actually he was quite active on any roar vision videos the club did. Not sure why he wouldn't have done anything yet

Although he never did as much media stuff as a few of the others, I personally never saw anything that suggested he was media shy. In fact he had a fair bit of a laugh with his team mates on a couple of the Roar Vision video's. Maybe it's a PA club thing that he has not been heard or seen of yet.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He's pretty shy on the ground.Hardly see him on the TV screen as well.:D

And just when he comes good, we get rid of him....:rolleyes:

A few things
1) if it takes you 8 years to become consistent then you are clogging up the list of a potential good player
2) White left Richmond. We took what we could get. He was not forced out. He got a better deal that the Tigers couldn't/should never have matched
3) He has gone out and had 1 good game with Port. Even Richard Tambling had 1 good game with the Tigers. That does not make them a star.

I did like Matty White. Based on his form at Richmond though he was not worth big coin. Good luck to him at Port. Hope he find the consistency he lacked at Tigerland

A few things
1) if it takes you 8 years to become consistent then you are clogging up the list of a potential good player
2) White left Richmond. We took what we could get. He was not forced out. He got a better deal that the Tigers couldn't/should never have matched
3) He has gone out and had 1 good game with Port. Even Richard Tambling had 1 good game with the Tigers. That does not make them a star.

I did like Matty White. Based on his form at Richmond though he was not worth big coin. Good luck to him at Port. Hope he find the consistency he lacked at Tigerland
Facts are he didn't want big coin. He just wanted more than one year which was what he was offered. He would have stayed if offered two. I know that for a fact! We lack leg speed big time - so we got rid of our fastest player! Go figure.

Facts are he didn't want big coin. He just wanted more than one year which was what he was offered. He would have stayed if offered two. I know that for a fact! We lack leg speed big time - so we got rid of our fastest player! Go figure.

I don't doubt he wanted 2 years. But I think after 8 years 1 was an adequate offer. If you are good enough you get another. He had 8 years to make a genuine impact but didn't.

I do take your point on leg speed though. That is sorely missed

Bugger...:(....All the best to Matty. Not really fussed about Shcultz. He Just didn't seem want to give his all for the Tiges (just how I saw him).

White has been s**t for them the past 3 games, he plays one good game against a team missing half their midfield through leaving the team, having a brand new coach and then missing even more players through the game that got injured and he's miraculously someone we should have kept? No thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back