Remove this Banner Ad

nut

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 16, 2002
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Richmond
Spoke to Maurice Rioli Today at Snake Bay. Works at the Local Council.

Nice quiet bloke. Completely bold now. Talked to him for about an Hour.
He said he has a nephew at Scotch Colledge (14 yrs old) that is also related to the Long Family. He said Michael Long had gone to watch him play and he was ''doing it easy''.

Asked if he had any sons that Richmond could snare under the Father son, he said he had a 20 year old that was more into Basketball.

Also quized him on why he left Richmond for a half a year. Basically said he went to the Swans but they couldn't get him under the salary Cap. The VFL at the Time stopped the move. So he went back to the tigers. Then wore 27.

Reckons the club has gone bad ever since Wilson left the presidency.

Looks alot different now.

Originally posted by nut
Spoke to Maurice Rioli Today at Snake Bay. Works at the Local Council.

Nice quiet bloke. Completely bold now. Talked to him for about an Hour.
He said he has a nephew at Scotch Colledge (14 yrs old) that is also related to the Long Family. He said Michael Long had gone to watch him play and he was ''doing it easy''.

Asked if he had any sons that Richmond could snare under the Father son, he said he had a 20 year old that was more into Basketball.

Also quized him on why he left Richmond for a half a year. Basically said he went to the Swans but they couldn't get him under the salary Cap. The VFL at the Time stopped the move. So he went back to the tigers. Then wore 27.

Reckons the club has gone bad ever since Wilson left the presidency.

Looks alot different now.

Did you ask if he'd consider making a comeback next season?

Was my favourite richmond player of all time and I reckon we could do with some of his magic right now.

BRING BACK MAURICE!!!!

Re: Re: Maurice Rioli

Originally posted by itsintheblood

I think he has been eating to much turtle over there on the Tiwi Islands. Been oin the good paddock.

I was almost going to ask if I could have a look at his Norm smith Medal.

Also asked him what he thought about Tambling. He said he should go top 5 in the draft. Reckons he has a good head on his shoulders and that in the NT V Bulldogs game earlier this year he was the difference between the two sides ( even though the NT just lost). I saw that match too and thought the same. Looked better than Cooney.

I think we should take Tambling with our first pick if he is still available.

He would be your normal Flashy, inconsistent Match winner. But those are the ones you need to win premierships.

Interesting comment about Wilson by Maurice. (Yeah one of my favourites also)

I think Wilson was there when the decisions that really set the rot in to the club were made despite him being one of the best durring our heyday.

Im not sure what year Wilson was president to but it was definately around 1983 that we just stopped bringing up young players and recruiting Collingwood duds along with others while paying top players a pitance and losing them.

Not sure if our decline was with Wilson and Graeme Richmond going or in fact them being very good in thier time but not keeping up with the times. A bit like Elliott.

Whats his son called? We gotta keep an eye on him and we could get him father son in the 2007/2008 draft.

About getting tambling i am for one not sure. He doesnt have body to be an in and under player that we need and krakour and rodan are developing into our fast skillfull on ballers. I would prefer to get one of Deledio or murphy.

Re: Re: Maurice Rioli

Originally posted by itsintheblood

Was my favourite richmond player of all time and I reckon we could do with some of his magic right now.

BRING BACK MAURICE!!!!
I`ve been watching the tiges since mid-seventies . Best player i`ve seen in a Richmond jumper . Skills and balance were unbelievable.

wow massive bump!

I remember the hype on Tambling, such a shame he didn't succeed here. Hopefully he does have another son that we can nab :thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back