Bumped We dodged a bullet... (Removed "maybe" prefix)

Remove this Banner Ad

http://m.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl...premiership-tilt/story-fn69a32t-1227075188695

So what's he got to knock back if no offer was made? I can do the old post an article to support my argument as well.

You really think the Pies would stuff a bloke around not offer him a contract while Geelong were sniffing around?
Yes, I actually do believe that, the delay that cost the Pies in having any chance to sign Clark was that we were still investigating his medical issues (both physical and mental) while Geelong jumped in and offered him a solid contract and spot on their list.

We definitely had talks with his management and may well have even been discussing the length and worth of a contract, but we didn't get him mainly because we were still undertaking what the club would call "due diligence" on Clark's issues.

We got lucky in the end, that's all to be said, he chose us, we ****ed around, made him wait, so he chose Geelong, pretty simple really.

Why on Earth would Clarke sign with Geelong while he knew Collingwood were about to make him an offer? Wtf was his manager doing?

"ALWAYS QUICKLY TAKE THE FIRST OFFER MITCH"

We were the first to show interest in him, the first to have him into the club and we definitely put an offer to him that was higher than any other he received.

Geelong sold themselves to him at the last minute and he signed with them.

To claim that we didn't offer him a contract is incorrect.

We were the first to show interest in him, the first to have him into the club and we definitely put an offer to him that was higher than any other he received.

Funny that we were into him about 6 weeks before the season finished he had 2 physicals with the club and pretty much had the deal ready to go with Melbourne for Harry but hey according to some still no contract offered.

Funny that we were into him about 6 weeks before the season finished he had 2 physicals with the club and pretty much had the deal ready to go with Melbourne for Harry but hey according to some still no contract offered.
It makes people feel better to think we didn't that way we weren't really rejected. We were, he gave us every indication he was signing it too.

It makes people feel better to think we didn't that way we weren't really rejected. We were, he gave us every indication he was signing it too.

Yep isn't the first and won't be the last

Are you sure you are not making things up? Article above seems to suggest otherwise.

Dont know why this has turned into a pissing contest, but thought I would put my two cents in.

Truth is we did want Clark and we did make him an offer, in the end we missed out.
The club isnt going to tell their supporters everything and be truthful. Proof was in the pudding last year with our injuries etc

Personally I can vouch for BEEG on this one. He shared some info with me last year before trade period about Beams and was spot on.
Also shared some info about Clokes contract a few years ago which turned out to be spot on from a source he had.

Not sure what the big deal is with sharing some info you may have, after all this is a forum to discuss this type of thing.

Spot on.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dont know why this has turned into a pissing contest, but thought I would put my two cents in.

Truth is we did want Clark and we did make him an offer, in the end we missed out.
The club isnt going to tell their supporters everything and be truthful. Proof was in the pudding last year with our injuries etc

Personally I can vouch for BEEG on this one. He shared some info with me last year before trade period about Beams and was spot on.
Also shared some info about Clokes contract a few years ago which turned out to be spot on from a source he had.

Not sure what the big deal is with sharing some info you may have, after all this is a forum to discuss this type of thing.
What untruths were told about our injuries last year?

Yes I watched them

So in your footy tipping competition you must pick 9 winners every week, either that or by your own logic, you are telling untruths

Nah footy tipping is a little bit different to knowing a player is going to legitimately miss 8-12 weeks as a minimum but saying its a 2-3 week injury.

At Geelong training and Mitch looks like a man mountain easily as big as Hawkins and flying in 200m sprints.

The whole Clarke situation was a circus. He quits melbourne even though eh was in the top 10% of AFL players pay wise.

He then says he will come back, but not to melbourne and that he needs a new enviornment, and immediately speaks to a team, Collingwood, that is located literally 200m from the Melbourne FC.

He then plays Collingwoods offer off Geelong, who he always wanted to play for, to get a bigger pay cheque.

Collingwood have dodged a massive bullet here

The whole Clarke situation was a circus. He quits melbourne even though eh was in the top 10% of AFL players pay wise.

He then says he will come back, but not to melbourne and that he needs a new enviornment, and immediately speaks to a team, Collingwood, that is located literally 200m from the Melbourne FC.

He then plays Collingwoods offer off Geelong, who he always wanted to play for, to get a bigger pay cheque.

Collingwood have dodged a massive bullet here

Think you'll find Clark is as fit as he's been and Geelong are just cooling the hype. Will be the recruit of the year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back