Prediction Maynard a sneaky Rising Star chance?

Remove this Banner Ad

Don't get too carried away. He could be a fine player, but I just haven't seen much more promise to any other youngster at any club getting consistent games. Most, if not all clubs have good youngsters.

Speaking of which, Moore hasn't done that much either to prove he'll a premier tall forward.
Moore's willingness to hit a contest, speed, good marking, and accurate goal kicking were all on display this year. Former great forwards in Carey, Lyon, Dunstall and Richardson were all raving about him by the end of the year saying he will be a superstar and easily the best tall forward of his years draft.

He's done enough to prove he will be up there with the best.

Don't get too carried away. He could be a fine player, but I just haven't seen much more promise to any other youngster at any club getting consistent games. Most, if not all clubs have good youngsters.

Speaking of which, Moore hasn't done that much either to prove he'll a premier tall forward.
Have to disagree with your opinion about Moore.
I wasn't into all the hype about him prior to him being drafted but after seeing him play you could just see that there is "something special" about him. I was a bit sceptical now I am very excited about what he will become.

So I've re-titled the thread but I fear it might be too little too late.

$81 guys, it's good odds!
You sold out Ricky. You used to be cool. #bruzzy

I'd love Maynard to win this award.

He was a player apart from seeing him in phantom drafts I knew nothing about, but was excited straight away after hearing more about him and watching his highlights.

I'd love Maynard to win this award.

He was a player apart from seeing him in phantom drafts I knew nothing about, but was excited straight away after hearing more about him and watching his highlights.
I wasn't excited about him till he had played a few AFL games and I gradually warmed to him. Now I consider him an inspired choice.

I don't know what games you been Watching?

Guess you been watching Andrew Moore from Port

I thought I was a glass half empty type but next to you my glass seems overflowing. You are not enthused by Maynard, and fair enough, you don't have to be, and Moore doesn't impress you either. I like what I have seen of both players. They were getting regular games by the end of their first season. You can't ask much more of young players, particularly tall skinny forwards, so early in their careers. Were you old enough to see Peter Moore play football? Darcy Moore looks to be a very similar build of player.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So I've re-titled the thread but I fear it might be too little too late.

$81 guys, it's good odds!

$81 is okay odds for him to be in the top 10 of the rising star.

Has zero chance to win it, isn't flashy enough or hyped up by the media enough. Not to mention he just isn't that brilliant, he will be a good long term player for Collingwood but no A grader

Have to disagree with your opinion about Moore.
I wasn't into all the hype about him prior to him being drafted but after seeing him play you could just see that there is "something special" about him. I was a bit sceptical now I am very excited about what he will become.

Gonna be better than Peter McKenna. Moore has superstar written all over him.

I hope swanny doesn't make it literal.

Let's not get carried away here.... I'm a big wrap for him, but I don't think he's quite managed to show as much as those two boys yet...

More of a slow build into the season but I think his last game or 2 were at the level of Moore and De Goey although playing defence does bring a different focus to the way he had to play.

No chance... Won't get enough of the pill, though I think he's a great prospect. Moore is our best chance by a long way.

By the by, can we get Maynard brother as a category b rookie? Looks a great athlete ... Wasted in the NBL, in my opinion anyway!

I expect Moore to do well in this, With Treloar and Aish added in the middle to sharpen up our ball movement going forward and the likes of Swanny pushing forward and howe grabbing marks inside 50, expect the ball to come Darcys way a little more. Maybe we should look at Cloke staying at least 35metres away from goals at all time and have Darcy as our close up target, the kids got skills

Maynards good without having that x-factor or that special something about him that would have him catch the attention of who ever votes on the Rising Star. Maynards more of a role player, who does his job.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back