Mega Thread The Western Bulldogs - The Sack Macca saga

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
For the record, if we are not competing for the Top 8 (actually make that IN the Top 8) by 2016 then I will happily call for some serious accountability from McCartney. If you want some kind of accountability metrics, I'm happy to agree to that one.

Incidentally, I think Port were at a very different place in 2013 to us in 2012. But St Kilda in 2014 are in a very similar place to us in 2013 - so I think Mattdougie has made a fair team of comparison. At this point I would say the comparison points more to the quality of Richardson's coaching than the paucity of McCartney's - but let's see what happens over the next few months.
Firstly, we should be in the top 8 next year. Secondly, St.Kilda's draw has been very favourable so far. Wins over Melbourne and GWS who both have poor records at Docklands, plus Essendon who got a 6 day break from a Perth trip. An honourable loss against the Eagles and a flogging from Adelaide. Their percentage is still below ours.

Firstly, we should be in the top 8 next year. Secondly, St.Kilda's draw has been very favourable so far. Wins over Melbourne and GWS who both have poor records at Docklands, plus Essendon who got a 6 day break from a Perth trip. An honourable loss against the Eagles and a flogging from Adelaide. Their percentage is still below ours.

I'm tipping us competing for top 8 this year.
We are 50% from our last 18 and that does include some good losing performances against Essendon, Hawthorn and Sydney last year. Results are definitely on the up and we have some excellent players coming through making us a better side.

It also fits with what we were continually told by McCartney that "improvement would come towards the latter of the 2nd year'

Agree on both counts. But I could see a world in which (with a tough draw and injuries) we could respectably miss the 8 in 2015. Not so in 2016. We absolutely should be in the 8 by then, in my view. If not, I think McCartney would have a LOT of explaining to do.

I also think that the point needs to be made that 2012 really should be ignored in the win loss ratio. It was very obvious several games into 2012 Macca realized the list was in much worse shape than was originally thought. It was said publicly in post match press conferences several times during the mid to latter stages of 2012 that it was development and not wins which were the focus. Anybody remember playing four ruckmen?
Dare i say it but i believe a little bit of tanking may have been involved too, but that's just my opinion.
2012 was a year Macca wanted to assess the list find out who was worth keeping and who to get rid of.

I'm tipping us competing for top 8 this year.
We are 50% from our last 18 and that does include some good losing performances against Essendon, Hawthorn and Sydney last year. Results are definitely on the up and we have some excellent players coming through making us a better side.

It also fits with what we were continually told by McCartney that "improvement would come towards the latter of the 2nd year'
Yes we should be very close to finals this year, maybe even in the top 8, but definitely next year :)

well, one thing is for sure - if we lose today this thread will get its fair share of the usual banter.

No comment about a team without its two best tall defenders? Simply put, Roughead or Morris would free up Young to go third man up and Waite would be exposed as the front runner he is.

What, Jamison? He's s**t and most fans would agree.

Yes mate it's all injuries

Injured that's my fault also and I'm not watching the same game where we being smashed by a team that haven't looked like winning and lost to Melbourne

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No comment
Awesome how you turn up when we are losing, when you said you wouldn't be back until Monday? Seems like the troll theory might be right. You clearly have an agenda.

Awesome how you turn up when we are losing, when you said you wouldn't be back until Monday? Seems like the troll theory might be right. You clearly have an agenda.

Never said I don't have an agenda

To get rid of a coaching staff that is inferior and full of excuses

BUT IF THE SUPREME COACHING STAFF EVERYONE DEFENDS ACTUALLY GOT THE TEAM TO PERFORM I WOULDNT BE ABLE TO SAY ANYTHING WOULD I ??

It says a lot about someone who likes to see their team lose to suit their own ego.

Lol you actually think I enjoy watching this s**t???

Says a lot about a person who can't see reality and tries to blame me for this performance

If I was happy to watch this rubbish week in week out I would say anything just sit back in enjoy it silently wouldn't i??

Never said I don't have an agenda

To get rid of a coaching staff that is inferior and full of excuses

BUT IF THE SUPREME COACHING STAFF EVERYONE DEFENDS ACTUALLY GOT THE TEAM TO PERFORM I WOULDNT BE ABLE TO SAY ANYTHING WOULD I ??
Why yell? You clearly have a personal grudge against someone, and you like to come on when we are going bad to boost your ego. You like when we don't do well which shows what type of person you are.

Lol you actually think I enjoy watching this s**t???

Says a lot about a person who can't see reality and tries to blame me for this performance

If I was happy to watch this rubbish week in week out I would say anything just sit back in enjoy it silently wouldn't i??
Lol when did I blame you for this performance? See you find the need to attack people.

Don't get angry with me coz were losing its not my fault

It I guess it is

I'm not angry at you, exasperated at your unrelenting desire to troll this thread, absolutely. Angry no.

Didn't you declare that you'd be away until Monday? Yet here you are, surprise, surprise.

I'm not angry at you, exasperated at your unrelenting desire to troll this thread, absolutely. Angry no.

Didn't you declare that you'd be away until Monday? Yet here you are, surprise, surprise.
Plans change mate was supposed to go out but not 100% but thanks for your concern :)

Lol when did I blame you for this performance? See you find the need to attack people.
Lol play the victim much

I have no personal grudge against anyone I simply don't think the coach is any good.

And I been here every week saying te same thing this year win or lose

Lol play the victim much

I have no personal grudge against anyone I simply don't think the coach is any good.

And I been here every week saying te same thing this year win or lose
There you go attacking again. I'm not a victim, you just can't reply with a sensible post when you get called out.

There you go attacking again. I'm not a victim, you just can't reply with a sensible post when you get called out.

Called out for what?

Never for ONE second have I changed my opinion of this coah even when we win I have said the same so how am I not at least consistent ?

We have just been easily beat by a team that were a rabble and we beat easily last year so by all the people on here definition of improvement that is another nail in the coffin.

Poorly coached from the first minute and devoid of any ideas to change that even when they one man down

Hate on me all you want people but the reality is we are so far away from finals it's impossible to see it I the next 5 years under this idiot coach

McCartney is yesterday's man. Too many good assistants to keep him beyond 2014. Saints and Power proof a good coach makes all the difference. Be ruthless like Freo were with Lyon or accept finishing 12-16th for the next 5 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back