MCDFL - 2011 PRE Season

Remove this Banner Ad

Who was the dunnolly player ineligable? Pretty poor desicion by the coach to play a pler not eligable

found this on the league website

Harcourt FNC re-instated in MCDFNL Finals

The Bendigo Bank Maryborough Castlemaine District FNL wish to advise that unfortunately it has been identified that the Dunolly FNC Senior side have played an ineligible player in last weekends Elimination Final, and as a result their victory over the Harcourt FNC has been overturned and the match has been awarded to the Harcourt FNC.

The MCDFNL received advice on Monday morning that Dunolly FNC registered player Samson Mungatopi had not played the 3 Home & Away games that are required under MCDFNL By Laws to qualify for participation in the Finals series.

It has been established that Samson did play against the Avoca FNC on 21st May 2011, but that he did not play in the games against the Royal Park FNC on 13th August 2011 and the Maldon FNC on 20th August 2011 where his name was included on the Dunolly FNC “Team Sheet”.

The Dunolly FNC confirm that Samson was booked to fly to Victoria for these games, but unfortunately due to a change of circumstances he was unable to fly down. The Dunolly FNC then made a decision to play with a reduced Interchange for both these games and to include Samson on the Team Sheet in an effort to qualify him for the finals.

However, the interpretation for a game to be considered “played” is that a player selected in the side (either in the starting 18 or on the Interchange) and whose name is on the list of players exchanged before the commencement of the match and who is on the ground in uniform and ready to play and remains so ready until the conclusion of the match, shall for all purposes be deemed to have played in such match.

Given Samson was not at the ground for either of these Round 15 & Round 16 matches these games do NOT count as eligible games when considering finals eligibility and as a result Samson was an ineligible player in the weekends Elimination Final against Harcourt – and under such a scenario the result of this game has been reversed.

The Harcourt FNC has now been awarded the Elimination Final and will progress to the 2nd Semi Final on Saturday against the Navarre FNC, and the Dunolly FNC will be eliminated from the Senior finals series.

The MCDFNL understand that this decision will cause much anguish and distress for the players & members of the Dunolly FNC however all advice given to the League has made it very clear that under MCDFNL and VCFL rules the league does have any other alternative but to make this decision.

AND the Harcourt can get back on the piss again!

Two interesting prelims in Lexton v Navarre & Maldon v Natte. Natte have proven to be the bolter, and with a couple of late season inclusions could still challenge for the flag. Did anyone hear how Ryan Morgan went at the trubunal? Was gone for all money by all reports. I'm tipping a Lexton v Natte granny.

AND the Harcourt can get back on the piss again!

Two interesting prelims in Lexton v Navarre - Navarre have had 2 tough physical games Lexton to Win & Maldon -(should be Brook) v Natte. Natte have proven to be the bolter, Yes they are flying with a tall forward line capable of big thing's, down back they might be exposed in height by the lack of talls though, game will be decided in the middle, and with a couple of late season inclusions could still challenge for the flag. Did anyone hear how Ryan Morgan went at the trubunal (tribunal)? Was gone for all money by all reports. Copped 3 weeks I'm tipping a Lexton v Natte / Brook (toss up) granny.
Good Call - Not King Rich from a few posts back
Who's everyones tip to win it? I'd say it's a battle in four in Lexton,
Maldon
X, Brook & Navarre. Other clubs seem to have dropped off although I still see Natte (with the late year inclusion of Ian Martin you love him ex Talbot boy) and Dunolly (if they gel and can get them all on the park at the right time) get to play as dangers. (Your boys from TOP END) you better qualify the boys you are believed to be trying to get down, learn from The GREAT JAMES's mistake.

I've only seen Brook and Maldon this year. Didnt rate Brook at all but they had quite a few out that day. Maldon certainly has all the tools to take it out.
BAD CALL
The Botter coach in waiting, does that mean you get to pick yourself in the 1's next year, See your Big Comments next year Super Coach :thumbsdown:EXPERT

well this is amazing so i'm waiting to see K. rich and others replies, unc johnny and all
the entire three former lexton plains league clubs are all IN :thumbsu: this weekend's prelim finals not 1, not 2 but all 3 :D wot does this say about the 2010 mcdfl or was it just superior recruiting by fisher at the tigers, the boys at the swans and the grasshoppers or did they start off with stronger bases all round

well this is amazing so i'm waiting to see K. rich and others replies, unc johnny and all
the entire three former lexton plains league clubs are all IN :thumbsu: this weekend's prelim finals not 1, not 2 but all 3 :D wot does this say about the 2010 mcdfl or was it just superior recruiting by fisher at the tigers, the boys at the swans and the grasshoppers or did they start off with stronger bases all round
It maybe just that Money talks the Loudest

I think it is painfully obvious. MCDFL is a lower standard competition!!!! None of the teams that joined the CHFL even made the final 8.
That is not said to bag the league, they attract bigger crowds than the BFL and have great community support but the MCDFL have traditionally had smaller $$$$$ and had to survive with the local talent. Natte, Navarre & Lexton have been paying $$$ to attract good players for years.

Maybe all the other clubs will need to step up and catch them

I think it is painfully obvious. MCDFL is a lower standard competition!!!! None of the teams that joined the CHFL even made the final 8.
That is not said to bag the league, they attract bigger crowds than the BFL and have great community support but the MCDFL have traditionally had smaller $$$$$ and had to survive with the local talent. Natte, Navarre & Lexton have been paying $$$ to attract good players for years.

You may be right but just how far do you expect to go in spending more money. We have had a viable league here for years and it is getting stronger all of the time. Over the years just about every team has had its time at the top. In the last twenty to thirty years our league has survived while the Lexton League and the Plains League lost teams and were forced to merge a couple of times. That is what clubs spending big money results in, sides cant compete and go under. Is that the future we want for MCDFL

You may be right but just how far do you expect to go in spending more money. We have had a viable league here for years and it is getting stronger all of the time. Over the years just about every team has had its time at the top. In the last twenty to thirty years our league has survived while the Lexton League and the Plains League lost teams and were forced to merge a couple of times. That is what clubs spending big money results in, sides cant compete and go under. Is that the future we want for MCDFL

Accurate Post

Rubbish post. Within 3-5 years we will see an ~11 comp league again, either through committee miss-management/poverty stricken budget/inability to attract players.

Far from the much touted 'super-leauge'

i havent been on big footy this season
and just noticed some posts about teams id never heard of:)

has the league amalgamated with another league?

i played for rovers 73.74
the league then
was
rovers,bushy park,primrose,talbot,dunnolly,carisbrook,newstead,campbells creek,chewton, ,harcourt.

I believe that all the 3 new clubs would opening admit that their senior teams this season are alot better that last year. Certainly Navarre and Natte Bealiba have recruited really well to make an impression on the MCDFNL in the 1st year, which to their credit has been successful. Lexton are as good if not slightly better than their GF side from last years LPFL Grand Final. Fisher is a great coach who has really gelled a good side together. The other teams from the LPFL that joined the CHFL would also agree that thet have dropped away especially Skipton and Rokewood. Cargnham seem to have been better than last year. There is no doubt that the CHFL is a stronger competition, thats a given. So overall I don't think that you can draw any conclusions in comparing the old LPFL to the MCDFNL. The existing clubs in MCDFNL like Maldon, Harcourt and Newstead who have been there abouts the last couple of years where probably more effected by injuries throughout the season at crucial times. They will be more than competitive in 2012. Trentham have definately improved over the past couple of years, while Avoca, Talbot, Creek and Bushy are going through rebuilding phases. I think that the MCDFNL would be wrapped to see the 3 new clubs up in the top 4 in the 1st season, if that means that they help lift the calibre of the competition. That's what you are looking for to help build a healthy competition. The challenge for all teams is to remaining consistant over a long period of time. All clubs are going to keep coming at the top teams every year. $$$ are alway's going to be part of football, however clubs that can create a balance between developing their home grown talent and topping up with some quality players from outside of the club will alway's give themselves a chance without breaking the bank. Anyway looks like a 2 great Preliminary finals this weekend, so let's sit back and see who will play off in the big one next Sunday!!

Accurate Post

Rubbish post. Within 3-5 years we will see an ~11 comp league again, either through committee miss-management/poverty stricken budget/inability to attract players.

Far from the much touted 'super-leauge'
Quality post Bucket. Your probably one of those blokes who likes to sit back and pot shot clubs while others do the work? I reckon blokes like yourself could probably run the comp, you're always ready to point out where were all going wrong. Enlighten us with your wisdom as to what the league can do to halt this doomed future you predict.:rolleyes: Even better, what are YOU doing about it?? Besides being a typical big footy warrior!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I believe that all the 3 new clubs would opening admit that their senior teams this season are alot better that last year. Certainly Navarre and Natte Bealiba have recruited really well to make an impression on the MCDFNL in the 1st year, which to their credit has been successful. Lexton are as good if not slightly better than their GF side from last years LPFL Grand Final. Fisher is a great coach who has really gelled a good side together. The other teams from the LPFL that joined the CHFL would also agree that thet have dropped away especially Skipton and Rokewood. Cargnham seem to have been better than last year. There is no doubt that the CHFL is a stronger competition, thats a given. So overall I don't think that you can draw any conclusions in comparing the old LPFL to the MCDFNL. The existing clubs in MCDFNL like Maldon, Harcourt and Newstead who have been there abouts the last couple of years where probably more effected by injuries throughout the season at crucial times. They will be more than competitive in 2012. Trentham have definately improved over the past couple of years, while Avoca, Talbot, Creek and Bushy are going through rebuilding phases. I think that the MCDFNL would be wrapped to see the 3 new clubs up in the top 4 in the 1st season, if that means that they help lift the calibre of the competition. That's what you are looking for to help build a healthy competition. The challenge for all teams is to remaining consistant over a long period of time. All clubs are going to keep coming at the top teams every year. $$$ are alway's going to be part of football, however clubs that can create a balance between developing their home grown talent and topping up with some quality players from outside of the club will alway's give themselves a chance without breaking the bank. Anyway looks like a 2 great Preliminary finals this weekend, so let's sit back and see who will play off in the big one next Sunday!!

Quality post LTM, there is no dought that the new teams to the comp have bigger budgets than what we in this league are used to, early to mid year there were reports that lexton were playing with a budget around $80,000 only last weekend after chating with a Navarre old timer his thoughts were there budget was slightly over $100,000 this year. Challenging him on how accurate that figure was he assured me that last years budget was only around $10.000 less than this years. For what its worth, i believe he was not bull shitting. Remembering Navaree didn't make last years granny in the LPFL. Natte are doing a good job of keeping all the committee talk in house. But the thought is they to spent up fairly big.
The question is not how much these guys are spending, but how are they doing it consistently. Perhaps we need to find out how they are consistently spending big budgets. Is it thru smart operators being involved at the club, is it there sponsorship. One of these clubs make players bring a $1000 sponsorship package to the club at the start of the year. That alone is a big helping hand. Anyway i say well done to these clubs. Yes some MCDFNL clubs may fall over, that could happen anyway.IMO

But i believe these LPFL clubs will make all other clubs in this league work smarter or harder or both to keep up.

Quality post Bucket. Your probably one of those blokes who likes to sit back and pot shot clubs while others do the work? I reckon blokes like yourself could probably run the comp, you're always ready to point out where were all going wrong. Enlighten us with your wisdom as to what the league can do to halt this doomed future you predict.:rolleyes: Even better, what are YOU doing about it?? Besides being a typical big footy warrior!

spot on dennis, great yap around the prune

i havent been on big footy this season
and just noticed some posts about teams id never heard of:)

has the league amalgamated with another league?

i played for rovers 73.74
the league then
was
rovers,bushy park,primrose,talbot,dunnolly,carisbrook,newstead,campbells creek,chewton, ,harcourt.

No amalgamation. A couple of decades ago the league adopted "Castlemaine" as part of their name, due to the even spread of teams between the two towns. Maldon entered in the late 70's after the Golden City League wound up. Trentham came in during the 80's. Chewton fell over in about 1990, then Primrose 3 or 4 years later.

Dunolly went to the Lexton League for quite a few years before coming back. Creek folded for a season or two and returned. Avoca came over from the LFL several years ago, and this year Navarre, Lexton and Natte Bealiba joined when the Lexton Plains FL became unviable.

That's about it in a nutshell.

Onto today, and there would be no doubt Shane Fisher would be a very disappointed man after his side went down to old foes Navarre. I'm sure he expected big things this season. It's hard enough with 15 sides, you've got to take your chances when they come.

Can anybody tell me what that fella from Rovers got for "making contact" with the umpire in the Elim final?

What a load of crap Wombat & Bucket...MCDFL teams have been paying out good money for years ( as they need to like all clubs ). Avoca over the last few years, Carisbrook regularly, Dunolly, Rovers have had some big paying players and I assume Newstead and Maldon would be in the same boat, maybe the difference is that these clubs regularly deny paying the money.... The fact is that Lexton played off last year in a GF and Navarre wasn't far off and both teams have probably improved this year, Natte had a good local base and have added some good players...and yes I'm sure at some cost for all these teams but my point is no more than the GF teams from previous years...as for strength of league don't get to precious about it because I would think that these three teams would be in the same situation as they are now if they where still in the LPFL..they would have been all in top four as Skipton and Rokewood have dropped off.

What a load of crap Wombat & Bucket...MCDFL teams have been paying out good money for years ( as they need to like all clubs ). Avoca over the last few years, Carisbrook regularly, Dunolly, Rovers have had some big paying players and I assume Newstead and Maldon would be in the same boat, maybe the difference is that these clubs regularly deny paying the money.... The fact is that Lexton played off last year in a GF and Navarre wasn't far off and both teams have probably improved this year, Natte had a good local base and have added some good players...and yes I'm sure at some cost for all these teams but my point is no more than the GF teams from previous years...as for strength of league don't get to precious about it because I would think that these three teams would be in the same situation as they are now if they where still in the LPFL..they would have been all in top four as Skipton and Rokewood have dropped off.

Natte by a point 2 quick for Brook. Ordinary umpiring by the 2 local umps, Ballarat ump was consistent, both ways terrible i might add

The Under 17s, Reserves and Seniors Grand Finals will be live on WMA FM 94.9 this Sunday. You can also stream the coverage at www.wmafm.com and we are looking to simulcast with the local Maryborough Station to improve our coverage area.
We have called all the Princes Park MCDFL finals apart from the Sunday in week 1, and have been very impressed with the standard of the league, it seems that the 'old' clubs have a fair bit of ground to make up on the 'new' ones which bodes well for the standard to continue to rise.
Two cracking preliminary finals this weekend with Lexton seemingly overawed by the physicality of Navarre and Natte coming home in an epic last quarter.
Great for the league to have upset results in the finals.
We have also been very impressed with the running of the league and the co-operation of the clubs in supplying team information etc...
One small issue today though was the scoreboard in the last quarter which awarded the wrong side a goal before correcting and then missed a behind altogether, meaning the scores were incorrect in the dying stages. Most people at the ground seemed aware of the situation but it wouldn't want to happen in a close Grand Final.

One small issue today though was the scoreboard in the last quarter which awarded the wrong side a goal before correcting and then missed a behind altogether, meaning the scores were incorrect in the dying stages. Most people at the ground seemed aware of the situation but it wouldn't want to happen in a close Grand Final.

realise the score board is manned by volunteers from one of the member clubs on the day but you'd presume that with something as important as the correct scores during the match that the board would possibly be looked after by the league.congrats to all teams that have made the grand finals ,good luck for next week

As a long time fan of the old LPFL it is great to see the majority of league awards going to our old clubs! It will also be pleasing to see that both the senior football and netball will be won by LPFL teams! Thus confirming my thoughts at the start of the year that these clubs would be to strong for the MCDFL!

Great news for MCDFL fans with the senior game being broadcast from 2pm as a simulcast on WMA FM 94.9 and Goldfields FM 99.1 which will greatly enhance coverage in Maryborough and beyond.
Under 17s and Reserves on WMA only.
Should be a great day of footy on the number 1 MCDFL finals station.

As a long time fan of the old LPFL it is great to see the majority of league awards going to our old clubs! It will also be pleasing to see that both the senior football and netball will be won by LPFL teams! Thus confirming my thoughts at the start of the year that these clubs would be to strong for the MCDFL!

I am also a long time fan of the old LPFL, but all of this they were too strong for that league and the mcdfnl is weaker than that league is just a croc of s**t. Who gives a fat rats which league is stronger. As long as all teams are competitive that is all that matters.

For the record Pockets! Navarre and Natte have both recruited significantly and both teams only won the Preliminary finals by very narrow margins. So if they had played with the same teams as last season, they would probably have struggled to make the top four. But as I said. Who gives a fat rats!

Congrats to the Big Ax for kicking 100 goals a great effort really is. I'm sure he will be looking for a big bag in the GF on Sunday top a great year. Good Luck to the Natte boys cut it up Fitzy and Zac Perez.

Who do you guys on here think will win it?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back