List Mgmt. McDonough and Arnot delisted

Apr 27, 2014
The Funny Farm Lakes Entrance
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
The Fanboi Farters
With Timmy Clark going to Carlspoon, I can definitely see them rookie listing Donuts. Clark was with him for 2 years and rates him very highly

Will be interesting to see if we pick him up or just let another club have him
Going to Carlton with Tiny Tim. We got rolled

Makes me laugh how people melt at the prospect of recruiting certain "spuds", but get all emotional about Matt ******* Mcdonough.

ScallyWag1

Club Legend
Oct 15, 2008
Richmond
AFL Club
Richmond
Makes me laugh how people melt at the prospect of recruiting certain "spuds", but get all emotional about Matt ******* Mcdonough.

This. 100,000,000,000 times this

We were screaming out for his kind of player for basically his whole tenure, and STILL he was never able to work his way into the senior team and make a position his own. Why so many people see this as a failure by the match committee mystifies me. People bemoan that he was played down back, but that's because the coaching staff saw the likes of Morris and Newy as better forward options than Donut. That should tell you all you need to know.

He trained under the watchful eye of the coaches and the match committee every day and they rarely saw fit to play him.

same coaching staff that didnt think anthony miles was any good and publicly admitted it too :$

they've a real eye for talent down at punt road
Good thing we didn't draft Miles since we thought he was no good, that would have been dumb

SumTingWong

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 10, 2011
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Liverpool, NY Giants, NY Mets
Good thing we didn't draft Miles since we thought he was no good, that would have been dumb
From what has been stated he almost had to beg to be on any list, let alone ours and even then Dimma didn't think he could step up to AFL level. Sometimes football departments over rate their own ability to spot talent.

From what has been stated he almost had to beg to be on any list, let alone ours and even then Dimma didn't think he could step up to AFL level. Sometimes football departments over rate their own ability to spot talent.
Just like 17 other clubs.

My point was more that if we didn't think he could do anything we wouldn't have picked him at all, regardless of his begging. And the Dimma quote was whether he would be as good as he is, which I think you'll find most people would have agreed with before he joined us. There were justified knocks on Miles and he has put a heap of work in to correct those. The faith the club put in him has been rewarded, one of many stories like this.

CHIMP MAGNET

Premiership Player
May 23, 2011
man, woman, chimp
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Eliminationfinalmond
How many times has Miles been dropped since he got his chance in the ones? He pretty much immediately showed he belonged at the level.

much to dimbo's surprise, he thought tuck couldnt play either

facts are mcdonough never adapted to senior football and is on the scrap heap like many before him after being an AA junior and A grade VFL player

i reckon it was a combination of his body shape and both his and richmond's fitness staff's ability to prepare it correctly, bright lights stage fright, lack of opportunity and poor development

byebye

same coaching staff that didnt think anthony miles was any good and publicly admitted it too :$

they've a real eye for talent down at punt road
And all they had to do was read BigFooty and they would have seen the outpouring of requests for Richmond to pick Milesy :rolleyes:

docko911

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 12, 2009
Hobart
AFL Club
Richmond
For sure, and we would have had Jayden Post, Andy Collins, Gourdis, and Pat Contin running around as well

In theory that is correct but I don't think BigFooty would have drafted some of those players.

Too think in the Post draft we took Vickery before Ziebell and Post before Beams and Hannebery. The one year we should have been getting midfielders, we go ******* recruit tall duds.

Back