McGuire said ‘Mussie’ was not a racist term

Remove this Banner Ad

I think the problem in England was that the adverb f***ing was so often added the word Paki.

As opposed to f***ing Aussie or JAFA - Just another ..... Aussie. Its BS. The term is most often used as an alternative to 7/11, off licence, newsagent eg I'm off to get some cigarettes from the Pakis. Below is typical of what a joke the UK has become.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/33964249

St Johnstone defender Brad McKay has been charged with making an "offensive comment" about Hearts striker Juanma.

The 22-year-old was widely quoted describing the Spaniard as "a typical foreigner" who "gets touched and goes down" after a 4-3 loss at Tynecastle earlier this month.

And the Scottish FA has now issued a notice of complaint

African fellows call themselves a certain 'N' word in the USA.

Should we?
They call each other fellow, they use the word in songs ,which are played constantly on Triple J.

Racism is about context not language.
All them ultra PC whities should grow a brain... (I'm white an claim my right to use the term)

I reckon skilts may know, was Eddie referring to mussies in Rorschach test pudenda with Speaker Slipper? ,oh, thats mussels. ok, thanks james ashby for the heads up (or heads down)
Not so. I think he was referring disparagingly to the mossies which plague Broadmeadows. Now that he lives in Toorak, Eddie looks down his nose at his old community, where these troublesome insects are attracted by the human waste which abounds there. No s**t.

Religion is race. Any major grouping of humans is a race. Whether by religion, sex, colour, ethnicity, etc.

Are Roman Catholics Italian, Asian, African, Australian, black, white or followers of a religion? You reckon they are a race Lethal ? .... Australians don't identify by religion, sure a very small % see religion as something that identifies them, so small its less than the group who identify themselves as Collingwood supporters. Are Collingwood supporters a race by your definition Lethal?

Arguing against a conversation about becoming a republic, because it will have no effect on your life...
But posting for pages about a desire to marry a goat in the gay marriage thread...

"wut" indeed.
I was arguing "for" a conversation, if anything, but the rabid republicans never put up any argument or tangible benefits. Im still waiting to see them and i hope they arrive one day. Maybe i will even change my mind to support it if i could be convinced theres some tangible benefits.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Are Roman Catholics Italian, Asian, African, Australian, black, white or followers of a religion? You reckon they are a race Lethal ? ....

Yes, by definition a race applies to religion as well. I don't know about followers of a football team.

The Jewish peoples would claim race creed and religion wouldn't they?.

I'm Muslim and not offended by the term "Mussie" though I never used it but I think the fat campaigner was using it in a negative way its not racist but its still offensive.
It's fair to dislike Ed cause he's fat and resembles a part of the female anatomy.
I'm cool with that just don't knock his footy affiliation...relss :thumbsu:

Also love how we hide this topic away from the footy forum. Just like the vfl and media hide all negatives linked to the sport.
LOL.
It would get more response in here......
Post a link on the Freo board and see if we can get Stormfront on the case.

Literally the first link you provided does just that:

race n [MF, generation, fr. OIt razza] (1580) 1: a breeding stock of animals 2 a: a family, tribe, people, or nation belonging to the same stock b: a class or kind of people unified by community of interests, habits, or characteristics 3 a: an actually or potentially interbreeding group within a species; also : a taxonomic category (as a subspecies) representing such a group b: BREED c: a division of mankind possessing traits that are transmissible by descent and sufficient to characterize it as a distinct human type 4 obs : inherited temperament or disposition 5:distinctive flavor, taste, or strength

Webster's Ninth New Collegiate Dictionary

http://www.euroamerican.org/library/definitions_race.asp

Literally the first link you provided does just that:

race n [MF, generation, fr. OIt razza] (1580) 1: a breeding stock of animals 2 a: a family, tribe, people, or nation belonging to the same stock b: a class or kind of people unified by community of interests, habits, or characteristics 3 a: an actually or potentially interbreeding group within a species; also : a taxonomic category (as a subspecies) representing such a group b: BREED c: a division of mankind possessing traits that are transmissible by descent and sufficient to characterize it as a distinct human type 4 obs : inherited temperament or disposition 5:distinctive flavor, taste, or strength

Webster's Ninth New Collegiate Dictionary

http://www.euroamerican.org/library/definitions_race.asp
[/QUOTE]

OR from the same link:
Race, technically, refers to differential concentrations of gene frequencies responsible for traits which, so far as we know, are confined to physical manifestations such as skin color or hair form; it has no intrinsic connection with cultural patterns and institutions.

The fact remains the term racist does not cover religion anymore than it does Collingwood supporters

Last edited:
The fact remains the term racist does not cover religion anymore than it does Collingwood supporters

Personally, I dont think one can stretch 'race' to mean 'culture' or 'religion' using the layman accepted meaning of the word 'race'.

I say that in full awareness that the majority of people use 'race' in a very naive way. As in 'biologically discreet races' devoid of context which is not scientifically accurate. 'Race' is a social construct that encompasses a socially accepted generalized grouping of biological, cultural and social traits and lumps them into 'races'.

We do need to go down the path of why its unacceptable for a 'white' person to do so but not for a 'black' person to do so.

Ignorant.

1. White people called Black people that word and, sometimes, you know, had occasions where you'd see multiple Black people hanging from a tree.

2. Even though I don't agree with it, Black people claimed the word and made an emphasis on making it positive.

Last edited by a moderator:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back