Mcleod vs Edwards

Remove this Banner Ad

Edwards still puts on the crows colours in the Slow Down every year. If he played for the port side then we should start to worry.

Didn't part of it have to do with a DVD Hewitt released too? He'd filmed part of it on aboriginal land, McLeod told him he shouldn't be releasing it and asked him to cut those scenes. Hewitt wouldn't, so Mcleod tried to get it stopped and Edwards wife was on Hewitts side in the court case, which PO'd McLeod since Edwards wife knew nothing about it.
She is an ex-jarman mate. They do have a passion for rumours (cough*clarkson*). Old habits must die hard ;)

I think both sides are equally to blame. If anything, I'm inclined to side with the Edwards, even though I don't know either of these couples. Not keen on things I've heard about Mrs McLeod in the past.

It doesn't matter who's at fault, his kids will be half Edwards half Jarman, they must play for our club and the club should be doing everything to make sure the Edwards family is comfortable at the club. By all reports the oldest son looks to be the best of all our F/S candidates at this stage. Does anyone know if they participated in the F/S academy when it existed?

After reading bunjis book black crow you get a fair idea of what happened. Lleyton hewitt is much to blame and because edwards sided with him instead of his teammate it made it difficult. The way things stand today its clear and obvious that bunji is the one that came out on top. He sorted out his family issues and is held in the highest regard around the nation, not just the afc. His various programs with the indigenous community and work around our club is invaluable and tireless. He deserves all the accolades he gets and to say it was a snub to leave out edwards from the afc hall of fame is foolish when mark bickley our dual premiership captain didnt make it either. At the end of the day one works for the afc the other works at pafc, they are both legends of our club but bunji is head and shoulders above edwards in everyway.

It doesn't matter who's at fault, his kids will be half Edwards half Jarman, they must play for our club and the club should be doing everything to make sure the Edwards family is comfortable at the club. By all reports the oldest son looks to be the best of all our F/S candidates at this stage. Does anyone know if they participated in the F/S academy when it existed?
From memory they declined to be involved, but I may have that wrong.

After reading bunjis book black crow you get a fair idea of what happened. Lleyton hewitt is much to blame and because edwards sided with him instead of his teammate it made it difficult. The way things stand today its clear and obvious that bunji is the one that came out on top. He sorted out his family issues and is held in the highest regard around the nation, not just the afc. His various programs with the indigenous community and work around our club is invaluable and tireless. He deserves all the accolades he gets and to say it was a snub to leave out edwards from the afc hall of fame is foolish when mark bickley our dual premiership captain didnt make it either. At the end of the day one works for the afc the other works at pafc, they are both legends of our club but bunji is head and shoulders above edwards in everyway.
Well personally, I would have preferred either Edwards or Bickley over Goodwin.

And the test is, had either Edwards or Bickley have got the nod, would anyone really be thinking, gee Goodwin was hard done by?

I know that article said otherwise, but I reckon Mandy Edwards and DJ's wife are sisters.

Mandy is not a Jarman.

From memory they declined to be involved, but I may have that wrong.

Tyson had already started at PAP for the first intake

And the test is, had either Edwards or Bickley have got the nod, would anyone really be thinking, gee Goodwin was hard done by?

Timing might have been a consideration, Goodwin will be a senior coach possibly as soon as next year, would be hard to get a senior coach over mid-week in season to attend a HOF night. The could have one next year and choose from Bickley, Edwards, Mcdermott, D. Jarman, Cornes and Niel Craig. All would deserve it IMO.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think the club would be trying to connect with Edwards, it's just hard to do when he works for the mob down the road.

Disappointing Fudd didn't attend the HoF. Did Edwards (surely utensil-o-rooch would have ran with a story by now)? If a 300 game champion doesn't attend then he's certainly harbouring some resentment. If the club didn't invite him (hard to believe), then you know Mcleod would have played a part in that.

Edit: Ah ok, just saw that he didn't attend.

I think as a duel and only premiership captain bickley wouldve been rated higher than goody too.

I know that article said otherwise, but I reckon Mandy Edwards and DJ's wife are sisters.

Mandy is not a Jarman.

Tyson had already started at PAP for the first intake

Reading a bit more, and the Tiser retracted that.

Google is saying "Black Crow" has that relationship - Mandy is the sister of Darren Jarman's wife, Sue

After Edwards kicked a goal in his last AFL game, McLeod ran up and congratulated him, small thing but they still worked together on the field, they were professionals for our club, doesn't really matter what happened behind closed doors.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back