Mcpharlin

estibador

purple haze
Mar 2, 2007
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Liverpool, Cowboys, Packers, Scorchers
Heard McPharlin on 96fm this morning and when asked if there was a pattern with losing to StKilda, he said he didn't understand the question. The DJ raised the loss last year to the saints as being a thumping too....and Luke said the DJ was wrong, last weekend was the first time they had lost to the saints since Ross had been at the club!

The DJ said well the thumping at the end of the season must have to been to someone else, perhaps Melbourne...Luke said he didn't recall any such thumping. They ended it there but I found it quite strange.

Pretty funny from Luke, but also pretty pointless from the DJ to try draw a pattern with last year's game considering the circumstances.

nurries

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 11, 2003
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Freo
Oh so was I. I was just pointing out how it mysteriously hasn't stopped since Harvey left. And, for that matter, that it happens at every other club too.
Same Dr's and fitness guru would probably be the reason

Oh so was I. I was just pointing out how it mysteriously hasn't stopped since Harvey left. And, for that matter, that it happens at every other club too.
Yeah, funny that. I have also noticed that nobody ever mentions Pav going into the middle as a bad thing any more. Apparently, in a parallel universe, this was seen as an indication of not having a clue about how to coach on game day.

strobe00

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 18, 2010
AFL Club
Fremantle
He carried a calf-niggle into the game AND had a bit of a virus (reportedly). If you watch every game this year you'll see him at top form when he was uninhibited. I believe he'll bounce back against Carlton.

Don't write him off yet.
Thank christ for that... the doom and gloom was getting to groupthink proportions.

This was the only poor game he's played the whole year. His durability is an issue but it's pretty friggin unlikely that he'll have turned from a top line kpd to average in the space of one game.

He may retire at the end of the year, but if he gets a good run through to the end of the season he might well go round again. Either way, i'm expecting his remaining games this year to be back up to the standard we've seen from him for so long.

strobe00

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 18, 2010
AFL Club
Fremantle
Yeah, funny that. I have also noticed that nobody ever mentions Pav going into the middle as a bad thing any more. Apparently, in a parallel universe, this was seen as an indication of not having a clue about how to coach on game day.
There's a difference between doing it as an in game tactical move to try to wrest back momentum rather than having it as a standard setup.

The Black Sheep

Club Legend
Oct 26, 2013
AFL Club
Fremantle
I don't agree. Frawley can go forward with much more conviction than Dawson and he also plays on smaller opponents a lot better. Frawley's kicking is better than McPharlin and Dawson's.
I wouldn't go that far. You talk like he's a good rebounder and an even better kick. He's not. He'd be better at FB than Dawson, but he's nowhere near Luke as a CHB. Dawson also can go forward. So can Luke.

There's a difference between doing it as an in game tactical move to try to wrest back momentum rather than having it as a standard setup.
Yes there is, although what relevance that has I don't know.

Back