Meatball Sub

Remove this Banner Ad

It honestly wouldn't surprise me if they knew the exact amount of subs they've sold with a particular ingredient based on how much onion, cheese etc they've got left in the containers. :p Yeah it's terrible. I don't get it often enough to know if they would charge extra if you gently asked them "Could you throw a bit more on?" :D
I regularly ask them to throw on more onion, it's not a problem.

I have the odd Subway, but people need to treat it for what it is, fast/junk food. The genius of Subway is that they have managed to remove themselves from the McDonalds/KFC/HJs paradigm and present themselves as a healthy alternative, when in fact most of their product is just as bad for you as others.

I have the odd Subway, but people need to treat it for what it is, fast/junk food. The genius of Subway is that they have managed to remove themselves from the McDonalds/KFC/HJs paradigm and present themselves as a healthy alternative, when in fact most of their product is just as bad for you as others.

Exactly - the bread is essentially a desert it has that much sugar in it. The sauces are full of crap. The meat is processed cack. People are so gullible. Just cos it has a bit of salad in it...

Multigrain Bread - for texture
Meatballs
No cheese
No lettuce
All the other salads
Plus pineapple
Little bit of hot chilli sauce
Little bit of pepper

Best. Sub. Ever.

Subway can be better for you.

Big Mac + fries + soft drink. Total kilojoules about 5,000, full of saturated fat, salt and sugar with very little nutritional value.

Subway foot long sub. Total kilojoules 2,500-4,000, typically less saturated fat, salt and sugar - but dependent on which combination. Typically a bit higher nutrient value - again dependent on combination.

The problem is that people are conditioned to 'meals'. If you buy a sub plus cookies and a drink you completely defeat the purpose of attempting a healthier option.

A whopper has about 3000kj. Horribly bad in itself. But a meatball 12 inch has about 4000kj. This alone is way too much for anyone to have as a meal, yet alone combining it with a drink and those s**t almost plastic biscuits. In fact a whole meal would take up a massive chunk of daily caloric intake requirement to maintain weight of the average person (about 9000kj).

Im sorry I cant justify paying for something so nutritionally bad and at the same time so s**t tasting.

Im sure there are plenty of people round here wanting to keep healthy, hitting the gym hard, wanting to become the best sportsmen they can be. Bit of advice - keep away from this absolute s**t and cook yourself something decent.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

utah-get-me-2.jpg

Used to enjoy meatballs, then I started being more adventurous. Went back to it one night before the footy this year and it was so bad, tasted foul. Not sure if it was an off batch or whatever, but it has put me off ever having it again. Much rather oven roasted chicken or the Subway melt.

Just wish they had gravy as sauce.

Fast food is an institutional stain on culture, taste, and capitalism, and the environment. Shocking s**t.

Because I'm all talk though, I'd put all that aside if it wasn't so malicious to your body and tasted alright. You always feel sick after Hungry Jacks and Subway always tasted a little weird to me, like the breads never properly stayed together and the dough was stringy and weak or something? Who knows. Whenever I buy it pissed I feel pretty guilty the next day. Even in your general life, cutting out the processed s**t makes you feel so much better – I rarely eat red meat these days and you notice how much lighter you feel.

Fast food is an institutional stain on culture, taste, and capitalism, and the environment. Shocking s**t.

Because I'm all talk though, I'd put all that aside if it wasn't so malicious to your body and tasted alright. You always feel sick after Hungry Jacks and Subway always tasted a little weird to me, like the breads never properly stayed together and the dough was stringy and weak or something? Who knows. Whenever I buy it pissed I feel pretty guilty the next day. Even in your general life, cutting out the processed s**t makes you feel so much better – I rarely eat red meat these days and you notice how much lighter you feel.
What do you eat in place of red meat? Chicken?

I've contemplated going vego but it's might hard to give up pork and lamb for me!

What do you eat in place of red meat? Chicken?

I've contemplated going vego but it's might hard to give up pork and lamb for me!
I haven't given it up entirely, it was never intentional either, nothing idealogical, I just found myself less inclined to eat red meat. A fair bit of chicken and the occasional lamb or beef (never liked pork or bacon at all) curry or stir fri or whatever (probably once a month or something).

There is that much sugar content in most subway and macdonalds buns they are classified as confectionary on their own.

Agree with the processed stuff. But your reference to red meat being processed is a little misleading - a good steak off the bone isnt processed. Its s**t like sausages, pies, sausage rolls, mince, that 'steak' crap you find in subway rolls you got to watch out for. Unprocessed meat is good for you in moderation. A good protein source. Personally I eat a lot of chicken and fish and might have red meat 1-2 a week.

Last edited:
There is that much sugar content in most subway and macdonalds buns they are classified as confectionary on their own.

Agree with the processed stuff. But your reference to red meat being processed is a little misleading - a good steak off the bone isnt processed. Its s**t like sausages, pies, sausage rolls, mince, that 'steak' crap you find in subway rolls you got to watch out for. Unprocessed meat is good for you in moderation. A good protein source. Personally I eat a lot of chicken and fish and might have red meat 1-2 a week.
Poorly written, I wasn't trying to imply red meat is actually bad for you. Like everything, it's good to fine in moderation. I still like it every so often and I find if I haven't had any for a fortnight, all I feel like is a t-bone

Do you actually like anything in this world? You complain more than a bitter old man who's on his deathbed and can't get his family to visit him.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back