Media alert

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey those of you who complain about footy coverage these days: did you ever watch the 1977 grand final and replay on a Black and White 14" tv with bunny ear aerials between the dark vertical stripe teams of Collingwood and NM? Probably not I'm guessing.

Hey those of you who complain about footy coverage these days: did you ever watch the 1977 grand final and replay on a Black and White 14" tv with bunny ear aerials between the dark vertical stripe teams of Collingwood and NM? Probably not I'm guessing.
I feel vindicated in calling them collingwood junior now. lol

Apparently the 1897 grand final wasn't even on TV at all!

“For those of you watching in black and white, Spurs are in the all-yellow strip.”
"for those of you watching in black and white the pink is behind the green"

What did the exchange concern?

Well Thomas said Saints likely to relocate to NZ and Conn said BS + Thomas garbage coach who should have won flags with talent he was presented etc. I would agree with Conn that NZ move is not happening but as far as Thomas as coach goes - he was up against some pretty good teams so meh.

Sorry, who is Conn?

I didn't care for Thomas the coach, but actually don't mind him since his coaching days ended. Not afraid to express an opinion despite who it will piss off, including the likes of Maguire et al.

Mal Michael on SEN JYB segment now; Lions people, give it a listen once they put it online later today.

Some great stories / opinions from the big man :thumbsu:

Yes I did and being black and white couldn't figure out who the **** was who.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mal Michael on SEN JYB segment now; Lions people, give it a listen once they put it online later today.

Some great stories / opinions from the big man :thumbsu:

I second that...I heard it and found out things I didn't know..

.. Did not know that he loved the Bears and all he wanted to do was play for them, but they didn't pick him up, so went to Collingwood.

I always had an impression of Mal as a very quiet, shy sort who wouldn't say boo to a goose.....tuned in to hear a guy who obviously played for us, but couldn't work out who it was to start with, spoke so well, confidently and very at ease with life by the sounds of it..

..thoroughly enjoyed listening to him, and as Panthera says, some great stories and opinions......particularly that a team isn't so much coach driven, it has to be driven by the players, "own" the club etc.......good stuff Mal:thumbsu:

Be warned..

Brad Scott is going to be on the Footy Show tonight (surprise, surprise!) and will talk about the big week he has had.

..sleeping dogs will be woken is my guess.

Be warned..

Brad Scott is going to be on the Footy Show tonight (surprise, surprise!) and will talk about the big week he has had.

..sleeping dogs will be woken is my guess.

One thing is for sure, Damo the flog will try to wake them

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back