Media alert

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Robbo must be the only Melbourne-based journo that talks about the Lions with any real positivity. He seems somewhat enthusiastic about the future prospects of our list at least.

Geez Rocky has a nervous version of the Elvis smile/sneer going on in that interview. Half the time I expected him to storm off and the other half I expected him to break into song.

"Thank you very much."

The CM/HUN reporters really want something on the record about the Voss/Rocky tension from last season don't they. Good diplomatic/PR coached answer from Rocky there. Don't get me wrong, I want the truth on that front myself but it can wait till this season is over because it is just a distraction and another stick to beat the club with.

The CM/HUN reporters really want something on the record about the Voss/Rocky tension from last season don't they. Good diplomatic/PR coached answer from Rocky there. Don't get me wrong, I want the truth on that front myself but it can wait till this season is over because it is just a distraction and another stick to beat the club with.
IMO he answered it truthfully, there is nothing in it other than a difference of opinion on roles / etc. Journo's are looking for a silver bullet to hang the sacking of Voss on a player revolt. It's not there.

TGO loves Rocky

Depends on the week.

One of several players to find himself in both Robbo's likes and dislikes in the Tackle this year.

Tom Rockliff.
Tom Rockliff

;)

One thing I'll say for Robbo is that he isn't a big regurgitator of groupthink IMO. His positions are often daft, but it seems as though he gets hosed then at least forms/shouts his own opinion. So, reasonably often, when the Lions do well he calls it that way. He was really positive last year when we re-signed Leuey and Handley in relatively quick sucession as well.

IMO he answered it truthfully, there is nothing in it other than a difference of opinion on roles / etc. Journo's are looking for a silver bullet to hang the sacking of Voss on a player revolt. It's not there.

If I were a conspiracy nut (which I am) I'd be half-tempted to think that certain Board members and ex Board members would also be happy to have a player revolt to hang Vossys sacking on instead of the truth which is they're just a bunch of incompetent nongs.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

For those not watching Game Day, Leigh just pointed out we would've got Marc Murphy for pick 41 under the old f/s ... F***

Oh we were well aware at the time. It wasn't a happy time on here.

But we got Rhan Hooper with that pick instead so we showed them.

Murphy's family pocketed a nice cash payment around that time too.

Oh we were well aware at the time. It wasn't a happy time on here.

But we got Rhan Hooper with that pick instead so we showed them.

Murphy's family pocketed a nice cash payment around that time too.
I always knew we could've had him under the f/s but it never hit me it would've been a pick so low. You hear the stories of Brown taking him out to Crown and obviously Leigh's presence too, you wonder how on earth he said 'no thanks'. Two of the most feared men in football and he, a 17y.o declines them...

I always knew we could've had him under the f/s but it never hit me it would've been a pick so low. You hear the stories of Brown taking him out to Crown and obviously Leigh's presence too, you wonder how on earth he said 'no thanks'. Two of the most feared men in football and he, a 17y.o declines them...

$$$$$$$$$$

Swann Interview summary

Looking $2.5 million or more loss this year. Discussed with AFL how to fix this, AFL have some plans; didn't elaborate, may get increased funding from them in the future, Swann said AFL not involved in paying him. Will be looking at all options for a new facility starting with a "blank canvas". Lot of talk about Mick Malthouse and Calrton (* you Hutchison) and then Judd and then Essendon. "Training facility, business back and player retention", rates our kids.

Surely going to be some interest free loans coming our way from the AFL so we can service these debts without being crippled by interest repayments.

They've got a spare $10 million don't they?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back