Media alert

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeh not too much. They seemed more interested on FC about the Zac Smith/Lewy Taylor goal square issue then our midfield guns getting 92 touches.

Lloydy and Hutchy were classically painful to watch once again. Cringeworthy when they speak.

Fox Footy votes are in.... and the POTR is.... Jake Carlisle! Never in doubt! :rolleyes:

Carlisle was pretty damn good to be fair.

Reminded me of Brown vs the Bombers in 2005.
Against a basically non-existent backline. Remember when Daniel Merrett kicked 5 or 6 against the Giants? Both defences were caught napping all day long.

I will give him credit for leading well and actually kicking the goals though. I just feel that Hanley's work-rate was exceptional all over the ground, kicked those goals and used the ball relatively well.

Against a basically non-existent backline. Remember when Daniel Merrett kicked 5 or 6 against the Giants? Both defences were caught napping all day long.

I will give him credit for leading well and actually kicking the goals though. I just feel that Hanley's work-rate was exceptional all over the ground, kicked those goals and used the ball relatively well.

Yeah, I guess you could say Hanley was playing against a basically non-existent midfield too though ;)

3AW last night pumped up Rocky and Hanley big time but then Derwayne went on to carry on about why didn't Rocky play like this under Vossy etc, etc and there is a story there that needs to be told. I wanted to slam the radio into the wall. If you ever want to put the wind up Derwayne, ring up 3AW and tell them you are Jason Mifsud's older brother Robbie, brown stains will appear immediately.

3AW last night pumped up Rocky and Hanley big time but then Derwayne went on to carry on about why didn't Rocky play like this under Vossy etc, etc and there is a story there that needs to be told. I wanted to slam the radio into the wall. If you ever want to put the wind up Derwayne, ring up 3AW and tell them you are Jason Mifsud's older brother Robbie, brown stains will appear immediately.

Yeah Robbo was pushing the "maybe one day we'll really hear about what happened with Vossy" angle again on 360 last night as well.

Yeah, I guess you could say Hanley was playing against a basically non-existent midfield too though ;)
Except, he actually did the running and found the ball. Jack Macrae was running around completely freely the other week and he ran no where near the AFL record in m gained. Just shows how much harder Hanley had to work in difficult conditions.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah Robbo was pushing the "maybe one day we'll really hear about what happened with Vossy" angle again on 360 last night as well.

Robbo has an hour minimum with Vossy every Saturday, he's had plenty of opportunity, for some reason the media seem hellbent on trying to trap Rocky into being the key conspirator in the demise of Vossy, my info says he played no part. Who keeps perpetuating this?

Robbo has an hour minimum with Vossy every Saturday, he's had plenty of opportunity, for some reason the media seem hellbent on trying to trap Rocky into being the key conspirator in the demise of Vossy, my info says he played no part. Who keeps perpetuating this?

I think part of it is just that no-one can believe how ham-fisted the whole fiasco was. They're looking for a more complicated explanation than what is there. I don't get the impression that Voss and Rocky were the best of buddies, but it seems fairly clear to me that the pursuit of Roos was the driving concern.

Yeah, obviously Rocky wasn't keen on playing forward, but that plan was abandoned midyear anyway.

Not sure why the media has a hard time believing that Malcolm Holmes and Angus Johnson and a bunch of board members with no football experience (and the scent of Paul Roos in their nostrils) were perfectly capable of botching the coaching situation by themselves.

"Derwayne you do realise that Rockliff finished 5th in the Brownlow last year playing under Voss? The reason why you don't realise how good a player Rockliff has become is because the Victorian media never actually watch the Lions play. There is an 18 month lag before journos like you actually realise someone has made a leap or in the alternative has fallen off the perch. If you actually did you job and watched non-Victorians teams play you might not make inane comments all the time and look so gormless."

Mike Sheahan rates Rocky. Says he can be classed as elite. Says we have been pretty impressive of late as a team. Dunstall's response was to say "yeah, they're not as bad as I thought they were", so very reluctant praise there. We will sneak up on them like we did in 2001.

I am all for us sneaking up on them - much more satisfying. By the time some of the southern media monkeys realise how good we have become they will all look like yesterday's men, slow dim witted sad sacks who will finally realise that the Lions have become a threat long after everyone else. There they will be, scratching their furrowed brows, only vaguely aware that the real story is no longer a bog ordinary Magpie player hailed as the next big thing, or the antics of the latest St Kilda schoolgirl or dwarf tossing scandal or the endless drama of Essendon and it's nonexistent morals.

The big story will be in Brisbane where the Lions will be rising fast. And that boys club of smug multi-chinned commentators, led by the smuggest and most chin-endowed of them all, Eddie Maguire, will gnash their teeth and wring their hands that the Lions are back and no one informed them. And they will hate us for being good and they will hate us for not being in Melbourne. And it will be good.

Took a screenshot of this as they'll no doubt fix it soon (or not), but another sparkling example of journalism from the AFL website:

96MJtX5.png

Article here

Jase Clark has got to be the most humble, nicest guy to ever play AFL football
Have only chatted with him for about 10 minutes, but that ^^^ hits you over the head, really. He's simply a fantastic individual. Kudos to his folks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back