Media alert

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep, I can see that perspective Chopperduck. It is about what you think is within the realms of reasonable given our list. My point would be, and I was listening to David Parkin or Mark Maclure talk about this earlier in the year on 3LO, that successful clubs have winning cultures that make losing, irrespective of the circumstances, unacceptable. This year we had 7 wins, only won one game against a top 8 side and finished with a % of 69.3 Understandable, yes. Respectable, not for mine.

Last edited:
Everything needs perspective. Considering our rebuild and the injuries, it is fair to say we finished the year 'respectable'. You have to be honest with where the list and club is at when setting expectations. Whilst you always want to play finals, going overly negative for not achieving the un-achievable can have a bad impact on the club/list.

I like how Leppa has attacked this year, and i think the club has done well. We out performed what many 'experts' believed we were capable of.
And those of us who had certain expectations going into the season didn't adjust them after the draw and our early injuries. And it's not just the number of injuries but who they were. Rich, Leuey and Redden is really a large part of our upper end talent. Also, most would have expected Staker, McGrath and Moloney to play a bigger part this year and their absence was a real blow given the youth on our list.

Yep, I can see that perspective Chopperduck. It is about what you think is within the realms of reasonable given our list. My point would be and I was listening to David Parkin or Mark Maclure talk about this earlier in the year on 3LO that successful clubs have winning cultures that make losing, irrespective of the circumstances, unacceptable. This year we had 7 wins, only won one game against a top 8 side and finished with a % of 69.3 Understandable, yes. Respectable, not for mine.

They were the journo's words. Focus should be on Leppitsch's quotes

We've unearthed some talent, a few have retired [and] a fair bit has happened since day one when I walked into the door until now so I think it has given us a good platform for the future, but we have still got a lot of work to do

Nothing wrong with that

Yep, I can see that perspective Chopperduck. It is about what you think is within the realms of reasonable given our list. My point would be and I was listening to David Parkin or Mark Maclure talk about this earlier in the year on 3LO that successful clubs have winning cultures that make losing, irrespective of the circumstances, unacceptable. This year we had 7 wins, only won one game against a top 8 side and finished with a % of 69.3 Understandable, yes. Respectable, not for mine.

Can agree with that. I still think it can be Respectable, based on the variables. But respectable doesnt need to be acceptable. Im sure Leppa is the kind of bloke who expects more, but is just realistic about what was achievable given all the circumstances.

I think how the club responds, what we do to improve etc is the more important thing. Leppa already seems to be shaping off field things, coaches and possibly fitness and conditioning because we currently arent up to scratch.

If we get a draw that is reflective of our finishing position, and we dont get hammered with injuries again, I think we could hit 10 wins next season and a much more even percentage to match.

So - I see the bar graph and it says that we are first in the league for hardball metres gained.

What is a hardball metre I ask myself? Tempted to just ask but reminded by another posters' gentle rebuke that we can look this stuff up ourselves I go to Google and type in "What are hardball metres gained in champion data?" and get nothing useful. I go the champion data site itself thinking maybe there is a legend or glossary that I could use - nope not that either.

So having done my due diligence I return to BF to ask my possibly stupid question and while typing it up note (while going back up to quote the post) that the whole thing was a waste of space as it was not *hardball* metres but *handball* metres gained ... a stat which is self explanatory and does not need to be presented to the brains trust on here.

Thus in the spirit of Seinfeld this is effectively a post about nothing and should be considered to have not existed in even an existentialistic fashion.

*sigh*

So - I see the bar graph and it says that we are first in the league for hardball metres gained.

What is a hardball metre I ask myself? Tempted to just ask but reminded by another posters' gentle rebuke that we can look this stuff up ourselves I go to Google and type in "What are hardball metres gained in champion data?" and get nothing useful. I go the champion data site itself thinking maybe there is a legend or glossary that I could use - nope not that either.

So having done my due diligence I return to BF to ask my possibly stupid question and while typing it up note (while going back up to quote the post) that the whole thing was a waste of space as it was not *hardball* metres but *handball* metres gained ... a stat which is self explanatory and does not need to be presented to the brains trust on here.

Thus in the spirit of Seinfeld this is effectively a post about nothing and should be considered to have not existed in even an existentialistic fashion.

*sigh*
spectacles_lead.ashx

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back