Media alert

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bulldogs supporters are treating it as a proxy premiership. Probably best for their mental and physical health if Bont wins it.

Excellent, it'll be good for my schadenfreude fetish for them to lose then.

I find the Rising Star debate a bit nauseating. Lions fans pick Taylor, Dogs fans pick Bont and the rest have a vague opinion based on a few glimpses they've seen this year - because let's be honest, no neutral footy supporter would have watched many Lions/Dogs games.

For this reason there's only a handful of people in the AFL media whose opinion I really value, because you can tell so many of them don't watch as much footy as they should.

Kevvo

Premium Platinum
Oct 17, 2013
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Excellent, it'll be good for my schadenfreude fetish for them to lose then.

I overdosed on schadenfreude when an early teenage kid clipped my ankle with his razor scooter, then proceeded to hit a small kerb 5 metres in front of me at full speed and swan-dive over the bars, avoiding serious injury but clearly brusing pride. I felt disgracefully good about it and the comedown was hell.

Nowadays I'm trying to cut myself off.

scott_the_man

Club Legend
Feb 25, 2014
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
a richmond assistant coach (forgot the name) will join Leppa at brisbane next year according to damien barrett on TFS

While on the topic, any talk about whether Browny is going to have a role next year?

Official Water Boy. Concerns were raised that blokes would become dehydrated while waiting for him to get to them, and then be greeted with a cold beer instead of water.

He could become our official "Retention Officer"?

"Now look here Son. When I was your age, I stuck it with the club that drafted me because thats what good blokes do. You dont go off running to your parents, you become part of this great team. Now get a pie in ya, you're scrawnier than a stick."

Official Water Boy. Concerns were raised that blokes would become dehydrated while waiting for him to get to them, and then be greeted with a cold beer instead of water.

He could become our official "Retention Officer"?

"Now look here Son. When I was your age, I stuck it with the club that drafted me because thats what good blokes do. You dont go off running to your parents, you become part of this great team. Now get a pie in ya, you're scrawnier than a stick."
"Come down the farm on Thursday. I've got some mowing to do and Kyles will cook up a big feed."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back