Media alert

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 26, 2012
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Fair chance it'll ramp down over time. That's what's happened in the NRL.
Yep assume so. Enough to keep public off their back, but still slow enough to allow the coackes and players to keep on with little change. If they wait another 2-3 years before another reduction it won't achieve a thing

Jman78

Team Captain
Aug 16, 2015
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
I do like the fact that I heard Leppa say we are getting draft and trade players in, he actually said 2 to 3.

With the clubs prior comments on 'A-Graders' I wonder who exactly they are talking about and more to the point, will the 'A-Grader' statement bite them in the arse as there isn't a lot of 'A-Grade' trade talent available at the moment that I am aware of except for players who are pretty much already spoken for, ie Danger, Motlop, Treloer etc etc?

Must be some right field potential trades we are unaware of, or not 'A-Graders' such as Bell (even though I am a fan of how he goes about it). Something isn't adding up to me, and I still have my doubts about Tippett although people keep mentioning him, Walker is another and he isn't a A-Grader yet, Suckling is good but is he a A-Grader..... I hoping for another Christensen moment an that was bloody exciting at the time.

ColdWarWarrior

Team Captain
Jun 28, 2015
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Any thoughts on Stevie J and Stokes from Geelong? they were given notice yesterday and are considering playing on.

Kent Brockman

Team Captain
Aug 22, 2015
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Unlikely to happen, but I'd take Stevey J for a year or two. It can never hurt to bring in a player with an abundance of finals experience, we could play him at FF in 2016-17 to take some pressure of Freeman/Schache etc.

Kent Brockman

Team Captain
Aug 22, 2015
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Is Tippet available?

Possibly, I doubt we would go for him though. Doesn't really fit the age of our list. I'm not saying every player has to be under 25 to fit in, but given the coin that Kurt would undoubtedly desire, it's probably not the right fit for us.

lions27

Club Legend
May 13, 2013
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Is Tippet available?
Possibly, I doubt we would go for him though. Doesn't really fit the age of our list. I'm not saying every player has to be under 25 to fit in, but given the coin that Kurt would undoubtedly desire, it's probably not the right fit for us.
i believe we would provided the swans payed part of his salary.
Would help out our young Fwds massively

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Oct 13, 2001
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Lions
gee apparently gws offerred geelong one of their top 10 picks for stevie j last year, which they knocked back.

must regret it now

I don't think that's right.

The version of events I've heard (a few times) is that the offer came at the eleventh hour in the Trade period. Geelong contacted StevieJ with the GWS offer (which also included lots of $$$$$) but SJ was so pissed at the time that he didn't really comprehend the situation or thought it was a practical joke.

I think if anyone's kicking themselves now it's probably SJ

Dec 1, 2013
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Anyone watch the skins challenge. Greeny looks pissed off with Dawson in regards to the oreo thing

Sent from my SM-N910G using Tapatalk
Yep, l noticed that as well. Didn't like it, thought he took it too personally. Have seen a few of Greeny's videos and he does seem, imo, to have an abrasive personality.

Anyone watch the skins challenge. Greeny looks pissed off with Dawson in regards to the oreo thing

Classic how Dawson just dominated them. Yeah Greeny cops it from the boys about his sweets haha. He is just a guy who doesn't cop it well I reckon.

I think in regards to junk food.. he has copped it a bit

Maybe I shouldn't have told him to put the sausage roll down at the function, sorry guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back