Media alert

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can you provide a recap of what he said?
I thought it was interesting that whilst he acknowledged that the club is in debt, it seems that is the last thing that keeps him awake at night. Seems like we don't worry about the money we owe the AFL, someone made the comment "As if they are ever going to see that"

Just watched the Hughesy spray, interesting the way merrett reacted and grabbed Aish when he copped that comment, seemed kind of like he was looking out for him. Liked something about it. I think we over value the whole 'loyalty to your mates at the club' thing, obviously players like Hanley and Rocky being the exception - I don't think most would Give a s**t what the other players wanted to do with their career's.
I think most of the players understand football is a business. While us as fans, and in some cases players like Rocky and Pearce as you mentioned, feel the player owes the club loyalty, the players probably see it more as a two-way street. These guys are all mates and they probably feel just as dirty on the club when someone gets delisted or cut from the rookie list as we do when someone walks out the door.

Had a bit of a look around and couldn't see this posted elsewhere. Looks like we'll have an extra umpire on the ground on Saturday...

http://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/af...re-end-of-season/story-fnelctok-1227468908225

Not sure what to make of this, my concern would be more ridiculous umpiring calls... we'll see.

I like it.

What I don't like is the AFL seeing this game as being so insignificant that nobody will notice if the trial backfires. Although I don't blame them for thinking that way.

Had a bit of a look around and couldn't see this posted elsewhere. Looks like we'll have an extra umpire on the ground on Saturday...

http://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/af...re-end-of-season/story-fnelctok-1227468908225

Not sure what to make of this, my concern would be more ridiculous umpiring calls... we'll see.

I for one look forward to having another umpire making up imaginary free kicks against us on Saturday, will help calm me down some more. In my opinion we can never have too many umpires, bring on 6 or 7 of them, maybe one for each player! :rolleyes:

I'm sure Mr Ripper will probably argue against me though given how much he loves umpires

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I for one look forward to having another umpire making up imaginary free kicks against us on Saturday, will help calm me down some more. In my opinion we can never have too many umpires, bring on 6 or 7 of them, maybe one for each player! :rolleyes:

I'm sure Mr Ripper will probably argue against me though given how much he loves umpires
I was actually contemplating going to this game...

I like how they started the trial on us rather than any of the "better" teams in the comp. Similar to the way we get all the rookie umps these days rather than the AFL-approved better umpires like Nicholls.

Well, maybe it's not all bad then...

I like how they started the trial on us rather than any of the "better" teams in the comp. Similar to the way we get all the rookie umps these days rather than the AFL-approved better umpires like Nicholls.

Well, maybe it's not all bad then...

That was my first reaction as well, but thinking about it some more I don't mind dead rubbers being used for this sort of stuff.

But it sucks a bit that the Queensland derby has such little standing that they could muck around with it.

That was my first reaction as well, but thinking about it some more I don't mind dead rubbers being used for this sort of stuff.

But it sucks a bit that the Queensland derby has such little standing that they could muck around with it.
Hardly dispels the impression the AFL thinks we are irrelevant, does it?

We got a mention in robbos likes and dislikes column.

Unfortunately we fall in the dislikes No 9- but has a little shining light at the end. The more journos report it, it must come true? Isn't that how it works?

"9. Two ruckmen: The Pies seem to top heavy with both Grundy and Witts in the team, and so do the Brisbane Lions with Martin and Leuenberger. The Lions don’t need both of them and the interest from opposition clubs makes Leuenberger an attractive free agent. If they lose him, they should get a first-round pick as compensation, meaning it could be two of the first three picks in the national draft."

Welcome to the lions schache and weitering/ Francis .

The umpires on our last home were worse than D grade. Other half looked up the names, 1 had umpired only 12 games or something, 11 of which were last year. Another was his first game, 3rd was bloody Fisher. Seriously, that just should not happen. Would think experience should be distributed between the games. If there are no good or bad umpires, why save the experienced ones for the Vic teams in the big time slots?

One more rookie in the middle of the circle when singing 'their club song' after the game... get the media in there!!!
img-thing

When the third umpire was brought in (in 1994) to catch all those 'behind the play' infringements that were being missed, free kicks went down from 26.4 to 21.6 per team per game; hint: and it wasn't because players suddenly stopped scragging because there was an extra set of eyes on them.

When the third umpire was brought in (in 1994) to catch all those 'behind the play' infringements that were being missed, free kicks went down from 26.4 to 21.6 per team per game; hint: and it wasn't because players suddenly stopped scragging because there was an extra set of eyes on them.

Surely Rip, you're not saying that Umpires pay what they imagine they think they see, rather than what actually see....

(for example, Boomer pushing the ball out of Priddis' hands and then claiming he threw it away for the 50)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back