Strategy Marketing, Sales, Communication & Media Structure & Strategies

Remove this Banner Ad

Expect another good year of good Caro articles on Port then :thumbsu:

She is highly professional in her work. Puts up with a lot of sexism and condescending snide asides.
She writes the truth about us, and us being us they're naturally complimentary. Putting up with
meat head cRowie all in a days work for her. Like George Megalogenis she's a journalist who is
prepared to do her homework as opposed to the army of talking heads whose only speciality is
"I think blah blah"
Where are ya Rucci. Hope your health is good. I miss you too. If your reading this all the best and hurry back.

Didn't Port use to have a show on pay tv, hosted by Timmy G?
yeah, when fox footy started all clubs had a half hour show each week, ours was called half hour of power.

the best was st kildas, their segment scared saint, a couple of drongos (milne and baker) going head to head in several challenges was always a laugh.

Glad she's back. Missed Caro today, and missed her while she was away.

As for Port being 'the first and only club to make an effort with her and the media in general' in 2014 - that's incredible. One for the 'Media and Marketing Strategies' thread.

I mean, it's not rocket science to form a mutually beneficial working 'partnership' with a reputable football journalist - 'reputable' of course being a matter of opinion, though PAFC has clearly indicated theirs by the respect they've shown Caro. She's repaid it in spades.

Edit: I believe I've got it wrong - Caro was not talking about 2014, she was referring to so far this year.
Papa G - You were right !
You can only do that if you are happy for the truth to be printed. Otherwise you need to cultivate the lickspittle desperate local journos.

Caro is a suck hole. Who ever pays her is her motto.

Imagine what she really thinks of Rowe. Adelaide joke that he is on radio. Has the brain of a peanut.

Yeah, nah. She is one of very few investigative journalists in this industry and without her a lot of issues wouldn't have seen the light of day. And there is no need to imagine what she thinks of Rowe, her condescending tone towards him is brilliant.

Yeah, nah. She is one of very few investigative journalists in this industry and without her a lot of issues wouldn't have seen the light of day. And there is no need to imagine what she thinks of Rowe, her condescending tone towards him is brilliant.

There was a caller yesterday who brilliantly put Rowe back in his box - when he told Bickley he was like a breath of fresh air and could make a sensible argument, Stupid huffed and puffed and the caller said "you just proved my point" :D

Curious that the Stadium review issue wasn't mentioned in Caro's segment though - she's probably waiting for something to pop the SANFL loving bubble before putting up with any of Stupid's propaganda.

Something coming up imminently re an international 'marketing and media' event that will be applicable to more than just this neat new thread.

I like it when LR posts a rumour trumour ;)
hmmm what could it be ?

HK Jumper ? :cool:
...... was thinking along the same lines

Visit Hong Kong promotion

Launched in HK and prominent for one home game with Jumper Sponsorship / Lion Dances / Fireworks / Exhibition Game etc.

Update. Delete 'imminent' in the top quote above ... insert 'in two weeks.'

Allowing time for the baby to grow into something impressive. Could even be twins.

Meanwhile, check out the Macau TV clip re AFL on the 'PAFC & China' thread (which is relevant to any hint that may or may not have been dropped).

Update. Delete 'imminent' in the top quote above ... insert 'in two weeks.'

Allowing time for the baby to grow into something impressive. Could even be twins.

Meanwhile, check out the Macau TV clip re AFL on the 'PAFC & China' thread (which is relevant to any hint that may or may not have been dropped).

When you say 'two weeks', is that 'two weeks' like on Feb 14, or is it a "Port Adelaide Two Weeks".

(Log in to remove this ad.)

When you say 'two weeks', is that 'two weeks' like on Feb 14, or is it a "Port Adelaide Two Weeks".

Now now Stan, you're putting me on the spot.

Safer to say 'next year' ... which it will be, according to the lunar calendar.

Glad she's back. Missed Caro today, and missed her while she was away.

As for Port being 'the first and only club to make an effort with her and the media in general' in 2014 - that's incredible. One for the 'Media and Marketing Strategies' thread.

I mean, it's not rocket science to form a mutually beneficial working 'partnership' with a reputable football journalist - 'reputable' of course being a matter of opinion, though PAFC has clearly indicated theirs by the respect they've shown Caro. She's repaid it in spades.

Edit: I believe I've got it wrong - Caro was not talking about 2014, she was referring to so far this year.
Papa G - You were right !

Caro was very supportive of our previous coach and CEO (at the end). She's a trader of good stories for inside info at afl level. Triggy bought her in under his wing nearing the end of his tenure, while the Carlton deal was being stitched up. Her view on him did a miraculous about-face. I'm happy that we don't look to be relying on media arrangements to get good copy. Important to point out that I'm not implying you guys are trading in that sense. It's a plain fact that your on-field and off-field performance will get you all the good media you need. However, the hierarchy at the crows has needed plenty of negotiated positive (or not overly-negative) media reporting over the last few years.

Er... what ?

Come on mate. Adelaide have been sub-par for years, made massive utensil-ups and gotten a free ride by the vast majority of media people in the state. Caro Wilson slammed the light handling of trigg after the Tippett debacle. It's no secret Vlad wanted him gone, but the crows board buckled when put under pressure from trigg. Then trigg and caro catch up for a chat while the Carlton deal is brewing and trigg is suddenly well-performed, highly regarded and much deserved of a second chance. That's how caro gets her inside info. Again, I'll make it clear that this doesn't apply to you as you have no need , whereas trigg and co have required media support for years.

Come on mate. Adelaide have been sub-par for years, made massive utensil-ups and gotten a free ride by the vast majority of media people in the state. Caro Wilson slammed the light handling of trigg after the Tippett debacle. It's no secret Vlad wanted him gone, but the crows board buckled when put under pressure from trigg. Then trigg and caro catch up for a chat while the Carlton deal is brewing and trigg is suddenly well-performed, highly regarded and much deserved of a second chance. That's how caro gets her inside info. Again, I'll make it clear that this doesn't apply to you as you have no need , whereas trigg and co have required media support for years.
Forgive me if I'm wrong Lockhart Road, but I think that sentence didn't make sense? I don't understand it either.
Also, if I think I'm correct in what you are saying, then you are wrong. The crows media propaganda is ridiculous. Look at all their ambassadors that are in the media. You have just brought out a crows show for f sake. Look at all this team first, no media leaks, running both ways spin you supporters are all now swallowing deep throat styles without even playing a game yet. How you could justify saying the crows do not rely on media is beyond me, unless you are being sarcastic.

Forgive me if I'm wrong Lockhart Road, but I think that sentence didn't make sense? I don't understand it either.
Also, if I think I'm correct in what you are saying, then you are wrong. The crows media propaganda is ridiculous. Look at all their ambassadors that are in the media. You have just brought out a crows show for f sake. Look at all this team first, no media leaks, running both ways spin you supporters are all now swallowing deep throat styles without even playing a game yet. How you could justify saying the crows do not rely on media is beyond me, unless you are being sarcastic.

The 'you' I've emboldened applies to our Crows friend, not to me, I take it. In that case you are spot on.

Mods - some more for the 'Media & Marketing Strategies' thread, I'd suggest.

The 'you' I've emboldened applies to our Crows friend, not to me, I take it. In that case you are spot on.

Mods - some more for the 'Media & Marketing Strategies' thread, I'd suggest.
Yes of course.

Interesting hypothesis. I'll counter with one of my own.

It's no secret that the Adelaide Football Club likes to control all aspects of media, but their influence only reaches to the South Australian border. How do you explain that while everyone was giving the Crows s**t for Tippett, Rucci, Cornes and the rest of the SA fraternity were too busy sucking Adelaide dick and have never once pushed the agenda for the truth to come out before any 'confidentiality agreements' were signed? Or when Sanderson was getting the boot, it took a Melbourne news source to report the rumour? But I'll take it one step further - when it's a "good news" story for the Crows, such as the rumour of getting Clarkson away from Hawthorn, these sycophants can't wait to drop this massive bombshell. They'll make grandiose statements about how great Adelaide is going to be with a 'better' coach and 'better' support staff, because that's all that is wrong with the club according to these people. But the fish rots from the head.

Then you've got someone who has a clue, not about the game of football per se, but about the internal machinations of a football club in Caroline Wilson, who grew up around the Richmond Football Club. Her beef was never with Trigg. People make mistakes. It was with the Adelaide Board - the board that is still in control of your club - not punishing him accordingly and firing his stupid ass. Because other than the Tippett scandal, he was high performed and highly regarded as a CEO. As a face of the club, which is what AFC portrayed him as? s**t. He never could relate to people.

Make no mistake, the Wilson endorsement of Trigg was more of a 'Let's see what this guy can do outside of the South Australian bubble' than any relationship with the Crows. If you guys really want to make a solid change - get rid of Payze and his cohorts and start getting people on the board who will take responsibility for the mess that Walsh is going to have a horrid time trying to clean up.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back