News Media coverage of Buddy at the Swans (general discussion)

Remove this Banner Ad

Both options are not mutually exclusive. It wouldn't surprise me if both were true.

Was a very bitter article for sure. Nice welcome to Sydney.

Considering how upset he got over that article in the Herald Sun earlier this year for abusing a woman at a function, will be interesting to see his reaction. Mind you, I think that was a front pager for some reason!

Sounds typical of the RL-centric Sydney media... this is nothing new although quite frustrating to read. Celebrity gossip sells papers and Buddy is arguably the highest profile star we've had since Plugger. Best just to ignore it.

A complete non story as all Goodes is saying is that he personally judges how much a new player wants to play for the Swans based on how fit they are when they turn up for the first day of pre season training. Sounds like he did the same thing with Tippett and probably every other recruit we have made in the past 10 years.

Yer i got fooled by the headline.

A complete non story as all Goodes is saying is that he personally judges how much a new player wants to play for the Swans based on how fit they are when they turn up for the first day of pre season training. Sounds like he did the same thing with Tippett and probably every other recruit we have made in the past 10 years.

I know it's overblown but I just rather it be kept out of the press, catnip for trolls. You just knew the telegraph would spin it in the worst possible way.

Went to Derby Day with the other 100 thousand people and got pissed and said Sonny Who , omg what a waste of a read

The article doesn't seem malignant. It says he's up himself (we knew that), full of it (Hawks culture) and Swans won't have a bar of that (too true).

Goodes is basically implying that from the sounds of things Franklin is living it up in Sydney and won't have a bar of it. Poor form for a former captain to do so through the media when he could give Lance a call, and poor form from Franklin to give Goodes/the media the ammunition to do so. This isn't Melbourne but the second biggest name in the code is still going to be noticed.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Goodes is basically implying that from the sounds of things Franklin is living it up in Sydney and won't have a bar of it. Poor form for a former captain to do so through the media when he could give Lance a call, and poor form from Franklin to give Goodes/the media the ammunition to do so. This isn't Melbourne but the second biggest name in the code is still going to be noticed.

This is the second article from the club which has left me facepalming the first one was when Colless went through the media and said "we will control Franklin"

why? why? go through the media and make a comment like that it's just so cringeworthy and awkward as hell.

Everyone knows what he likes to do off-field why bother making statements like that through the media.

Goodes is basically implying that from the sounds of things Franklin is living it up in Sydney and won't have a bar of it.

Or that he'll wait to see what condition Franklin turns up to pre-season in before he passes judgement. People like you keep News Ltd in circulation.

I read the article totally differently.

Basically saying he will see Buddy day 1 and if out of condition will not be happy.

I am sure if AJ, Shaw, Bird, Parker, (you get the point) turned up unprepared he would also not be amused.

I would love to call this a storm in a teacup but the teacup is too large an object and a storm is way way over the top.

Ima go surfing. Call me if Buddy stubs his toe and is out for a decade.

Or that he'll wait to see what condition Franklin turns up to pre-season in before he passes judgement. People like you keep News Ltd in circulation.

People like you live with their heads up their ass rather than in the real world. Each to their own. It's clear what Goodes is saying without any editorial headlines needed.

I pretty much agree with bedders and our German friend.

You didn't understand it did you Stat

Sorry, must have missed the article of Goodes expecting our other new recruit, Laidler, to be in good condition Day One of Pre-Season. Or other players. Oh, he only commented on Buddy? Right ok. It's the newspaper out to get Buddy, right?

I pretty much agree with bedders and our German friend.

Then same question to you, why isn't Goodes questioning Laidler's fitness coming into Pre-Season? He's a new recruit too, why single out Big Boy Buddy?

I don't think Laidler's fitness is going to sell papers :p

Remove this Banner Ad

Back