Melbourne 2014-15 Offseason

Remove this Banner Ad

Surprised you don't just take what you get and run.... Can't say I blame you tho.

Maybe it's as simple as Suckers and Grimley for your second and possibly 4th?
I think we'd rather take the chance that he'll live up to his potential. If he does obviously it's worth more to us than whatever we could trade him for.

And yeah I'd take that deal. Highly doubt we'll be needing our fourth pick.

I think we'd rather take the chance that he'll live up to his potential. If he does obviously it's worth more to us than whatever we could trade him for.

Token pick really. But sweetens the deal. Upgrade for Ross for us

Token pick really. But sweetens the deal. Upgrade for Ross for us

There is no way Melbourne will attempt to get anything for Clark. It would be a hideous look in the industry.
Melbourne supported him in his retirement at the time. As was written on AFL website it may depend on what was written in his agreement back when he retired. It certainly wouldn't be a bad look for Melbourne to seek some compensation.

Melbourne supported him in his retirement at the time. As was written on AFL website it may depend on what was written in his agreement back when he retired. It certainly wouldn't be a bad look for Melbourne to seek some compensation.

Melbourne have known Clark might look at playing again after he retired. Part of the counselling of him internally would have been how he can rebuild his life once he gets his depression sorted.

Playing again would have been one consideration. It will be an absolutely hideous look if Melbourne try to cash in on Clark.

As it is, there is major baggage with Clark as it is. Other clubs won't offer anything of substance.

Worthless - sorry

Not sure I believe it. Might be Roos giving them a kick in the pants. However Toumpas or Trengove are of interest.

What about a 3 way deal

Adelaide get - Pick 2 + MFC 2nd Round + Toumpas

Melbourne get - Pick 9 + Pick 15 + GFC 2nd Round + Hunt

Geelong get - Dangerfield + Frawley

Geelong also do enough to secure MFC compensation pick 3.

Then the Demons make the Swans an offer they cant refuse .... on Mitchell

Swans get - 9 + 15

Demons get - Mitchell + 18

:confused:
So basically everything Adelaide receive is from Melbourne, think we should be the ones taking Dangerfield.

Melbourne have known Clark might look at playing again after he retired. Part of the counselling of him internally would have been how he can rebuild his life once he gets his depression sorted.

Playing again would have been one consideration. It will be an absolutely hideous look if Melbourne try to cash in on Clark.

As it is, there is major baggage with Clark as it is. Other clubs won't offer anything of substance.
One the issues Melbourne may have is we are 6 months down the track from retirement. As per article below if he did actually retire he must enter a draft. I think I read he may have made out he quit his contract not AFL. If this is possible.
http://m.melbournefc.com.au/news/2014-09-07/dees-want-say-in-clarks-plans-for-2015

WTF, so it was ok for Hawthorn to trade a player with depression but Melbourne isn't allowed to?

Get your hand of it.

So basically everything Adelaide receive is from Melbourne, think we should be the ones taking Dangerfield.

Don;t feed the troll.

Footy Mad will just start another ten page discussion on how you don't have pick 3 and you won;t unless you help Geelong get Dangerfield, etc etc ...

Don;t feed the troll.

Footy Mad will just start another ten page discussion on how you don't have pick 3 and you won;t unless you help Geelong get Dangerfield, etc etc ...
We're used to it, we had one Footscray supporter come onto our board and suggest a 'Will Minson for pick 2' trade.

Arguably the most clueless person I've seen on BF. No mean feat, congrats.

Clark didn't quit the MFC, he quit football. If he wants to play football again he'll do so in accordance with being a MFC listed player, as per his original agreement, which is enforceable while he's on our list (subject to what was agreed upon when he left, which is yet to be revealed).

If he wants to continue his career elsewhere he'll go through the same channels as any other player and be subject to a trade. To think otherwise is the height of stupidity and abject failure.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Arguably the most clueless person I've seen on BF. No mean feat, congrats.

Clark didn't quit the MFC, he quit football. If he wants to play football again he'll do so in accordance with being a MFC listed player, as per his original agreement, which is enforceable while he's on our list (subject to what was agreed upon when he left, which is yet to be revealed).

If he wants to continue his career elsewhere he'll go through the same channels as any other player and be subject to a trade. To think otherwise is the height of stupidity and abject failure.
#rekt

Never said he was bad....

I think it's the best for he and club to refresh and move on....

No, you said that we should take whatever we can get, which is a subtle way of saying he is s**t, but at the same time you look pretty desperate to get him at Hawthorn. Why is that?

Patrenca is a Dustin Martin clone.
Surley Melbourne wouldnt pass on that sort of player twice?
Roos does love the big bodied mids.
GWS is very keen on him.

Malceski now apparently not on our radar. Maybe we will have a bigger look at O'Keeffe

Why would we have a bigger look at a bloke that's completely finished? Ignoring the fact Roos has already said no to O'Keefe.

Patrenca is a Dustin Martin clone.
Surley Melbourne wouldnt pass on that sort of player twice?
Roos does love the big bodied mids.
GWS is very keen on him.

Petracca and he doesn't have the behavior issues of Martin.

Why would we have a bigger look at a bloke that's completely finished? Ignoring the fact Roos has already said no to O'Keefe.

Petracca and he doesn't have the behavior issues of Martin.
Well surley you will take Petracca then?
Not taking a risk on Martin back fired on you.
Well so did taking Scully and Trengrove....

Well surley you will take Petracca then?
Not taking a risk on Martin back fired on you.
Well so did taking Scully and Trengrove....

Scully got us Hogan, so yeah taking Scully went alright.

Trengove started off well and has been battling foot injuries the last 2 years which have been taken care of so hopefully he'll begin to show what he's capable of.

Scully got us Hogan, so yeah taking Scully went alright.

Trengove started off well and has been battling foot injuries the last 2 years which have been taken care of so hopefully he'll begin to show what he's capable of.
And how has Hogan gone? He hasnt even played a game. He hasnt proved anything until he plays AFL.
Mcbean has kicked more goals in the VFL than him and we got him with a 2nd round pick....
We were as s**t as Melbourne once.
Keep your chin up.

And how has Hogan gone? He hasnt even played a game. He hasnt proved anything until he plays AFL.
Mcbean has kicked more goals in the VFL than him and we got him with a 2nd round pick....
We were as s**t as Melbourne once.
Keep your chin up.

Good on him but I'm pretty excited by a kid who kicked 39 goals, won the B&F for a top 4 team in the VFL when he was 17 despite not playing every game.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back