Autopsy Melbourne board feedback thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Yep, time for you to tell us stuff about things on this board.

Please be frank & earnest. I am. In Melbourne I'm Frank & in Sydney I'm Earnest.

How are the mods doing?

Is there anything you think we need to add, subtract or pretend it never happened? (2007-2014 goes without saying) Thing like sub boards, prefixes ect.

How do you feel about:
  • Competitions?
  • Player sponsorship?
  • engagement on the board?
  • not having a 2014 meet up?
  • Anything you like? There are no wrong answers or suggestions here.
This is your forum ((within a forum) Yes I just went a little inception too) to sat what you want about how you think things could be improved.

Yes we all know our beloved club actually winning a game on a more regular basis would help.

Over to you.

This is a great board. I frequent BigFooty and Demonland in tandem pretty much all-year round. I'd definitely give this board the points for humour and variety!

One thing for next season that you could think about changing are the Autopsy threads. Not sure if Good, Bad and Ugly is the best way to do it. A more general approach to the thread would work better IMO.

Too much talk of the Melbourne footy club on this board, it's got me depressed and I'm going to quit for 4-5 months and come back and join another board

Too much talk of the Melbourne footy club on this board, it's got me depressed and I'm going to quit for 4-5 months and come back and join another board
But the next 4-5 months is the best time on here... Full of hope, wonder and excitement... It's like Disneyland for AFL

Then the regular season starts and its like leaving Disneyland and going back to work:(

I enjoy spending time here.

Only suggestion for next season will be to have that weekly comp going where you have to pick a player who will kick a goal -- can't pick the same player once you've picked them, last person standing wins. Maybe one of the player sponsor prizes?

I may be inclined to run this but next season is a long way off so I can't be sure. But yeah. Good job though guys.

I enjoy spending time here.

Only suggestion for next season will be to have that weekly comp going where you have to pick a player who will kick a goal -- can't pick the same player once you've picked them, last person standing wins. Maybe one of the player sponsor prizes?

I may be inclined to run this but next season is a long way off so I can't be sure. But yeah. Good job though guys.

I like this idea, but I'd imagine the competition would be over after two weeks when the team kicks 4 or 5 goals a game.

The whole 'Unofficial Preview' thing fell over a bit this year, which was unfortunate. However, the ones that were written were excellent (as always).

Not sure how we can reinvigorate this next year? Stocks and rotten fruit for those that fail to post their promised preview?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not sure how we can reinvigorate this next year? Stocks and rotten fruit for those that fail to post their promised preview?

I promised nothing and delivered in full.

The whole 'Unofficial Preview' thing fell over a bit this year, which was unfortunate. However, the ones that were written were excellent (as always).

I think that we all got sick of ragging on our own team, and had less legitimacy in ragging on opposition teams. Made it hard. Gallows humour can last only for so long...

I think that we all got sick of ragging on our own team, and had less legitimacy in ragging on opposition teams. Made it hard. Gallows humour can last only for so long...

Yeah, that's fair. Hopefully a few more wins next season will reinvigorate it!

This is a great board. I frequent BigFooty and Demonland in tandem pretty much all-year round. I'd definitely give this board the points for humour and variety!

One thing for next season that you could think about changing are the Autopsy threads. Not sure if Good, Bad and Ugly is the best way to do it. A more general approach to the thread would work better IMO.
I've never felt the need to stick to the G,B&F format and don't think anyone else should feel obliged to either.

Currently doing a top job, can always rely on this board to add some levity no matter how bad things have become.
D'land has often deteriorated into mud slinging and name calling by some posters who take themselves to seriously.
This board has just as much robust discussion but without the pages of vitriol.
Long may it continue.

Idk, GB&F is one of my favourite BF parts of the week. Works pretty well IMO.
Yeah I wasn't clear enough - I like it and think it works well especially to generate discussion. Just meant to highlight that people shouldn't feel obliged to stick to that firmat if they wish to contribute to that thread.

Yeah I wasn't clear enough - I like it and think it works well especially to generate discussion. Just meant to highlight that people shouldn't feel obliged to stick to that firmat if they wish to contribute to that thread.
Hmm I don't think there is any obligation - I often don't follow it myself despite what I said earlier, and a lot of others certainly don't either. Maybe it should be made more clear in the first post that it's not a requirement to use the format to post a review of the game?

Public flaying for any non-Melbourne supporters who post anything that upsets any Melbourne fan

Nah disagree

We ain't Carlton

We can see them off with humour and levity

Despite the soft tag dees fans cop, we've withstood more than most

1 suggestion I have, please confirm if IanW is a spambot :p

Nah disagree

We ain't Carlton

We can see them off with humour and levity

Despite the soft tag dees fans cop, we've withstood more than most

1 suggestion I have, please confirm if IanW is a spambot :p

Sorry, just finished the Game of Thrones books,

*reek rhymes with meek*

Public flaying for any non-Melbourne supporters who post anything that upsets any Melbourne fan

I know I don't contribute much, but this is something that annoys me. I think often we jump the gun and assume the worst of opposition supporters and start handing out bans when I don't think it's necessary.

I've see some bans/abuse handed out to what I thought were some pretty well meaning posts/posters.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back