Player Sponsorship Melbourne Board Sponsorship History

Remove this Banner Ad

This is the Melbourne boards 'History of player sponsorship' thread. Here we will keep a link to all sponsorship threads over the years starting from the boards first sponsorship in 2011.

You will not need to search for this thread if you want to have a look at the sponsorship threads from the past you just need to click on the player badge & it will bring you here.

What is a player sponsorship?

The player sponsorship is a way for a fan to support the club, a player & at the same time be recognised for the contribution made to the club. there are three levels of sponsorship at the Melbourne Football Club: 'Guernsey', 'Player Sponsor' & 'Elite' player sponsorship that provide a range of goods (signed jumper or poster, pin, ect) & club functions. You name or in our case the collective group name is also listed on the MFC website in recognition of the sponsorship of a player.

Why Do it?

Player sponsorship is a way for many of the supporters of the Dees to get a chance to have a greater share in supporting the club. On an individual basis many couldn't afford to sponsor a player ($1100-$3500) it also offers the posters who join in sponsoring a player a chance to attend functions that we might not normally get the option to attend. It also gives our board a voice & shows the club that the dees board on Big Footy are passionate fans who put their money where their mouth is.

How can you be a part?

Firstly, everyone who supports the MFC & has an account on Big Footy is welcome to be part of player sponsorship. Each year during the pre season there will be a call out for anyone interested in being part of a player sponsorship to pledge funds toward a sponsorship, then donate towards it when the call is put out. Sponsorships contributions usually are in $25 increments to make it affordable to all supporters of the club & you can put forward any ammount, there is not limit. All you need to do is put your hand up & we'll do the rest.

What do I get out of this?

You can get quite a bit out of being part of the sponsorship. For anyone who becomes a sponsor you will get a player sponsorship badge attached to your profile page & user info box (See mine to the left). If you contribute $50 you will also get a gold BFSC membership & $100 or more will get you a platinum BFSC membership.

In addition to these you will also have a chance to win the following goods as part of the player sponsorship player draw:
  • Signed Poster
  • Entry to player sponsor function (2 tickets)
  • Name on website
  • Signed Jumper
Where does your money go?

The person running the sponsorship will collect the funds together (If not a moderator it will be done in connection with one) & pay for the sponsorship. As funds are collected a tally for all to see will be provided to see exactly how much money has been contributed & who has done so. Funds will then be used to purchase the sponsorship. What if there is extra funds left over? there is two options:

1. Use the left over funds to purchase extra goods to be part of the prize draw.
2. Roll over the funds for the next years sponsorship with the hope of sponsoring a second player (all left over funds will be accounted for in this thread).

How much has the BF Melbourne board raised to date?

2011 - $1325.00

2012 - $1900.00

2013 - $1925.00

2014 - $1950.00

Total - $6100.00

The 2011 sponsorship threads:

Player sponsored: Ricky Petterd

2011 thread 1
2011 thread 2
Prize draw thread
Player discussion thread for 2011 sponsorship.

2012 sponsorship threads:

Players sponsored: Ricky Petterd, Jeremy Howe

Thread 1.
Thread 2 - Payment & confirmation.
Petterd & Howe sponsored players - General discussion.
Prize draw thread.

2013 sponsorship threads:

Players sponsored: Jeremy Howe & Dom Barry

Initial thread for 2013 sponsorship.

2014 sponsorship threads:

Players sponsored: Jeremy Howe & Dom Barry

2014 player sponsorship thread.

The 2015 sponsorship threads:

Player sponsored:
Jeremy Howe

2015 player sponsorship thread.

The 2016 sponsorship threads:

Player sponsored:
Ben Kennedy

2016 player sponsorship thread.

We will update this further as required.

We will also keep information here such as roll over funds if there is any remaining funds from the sponsorship from a year so all are aware where the left over is & how much there is.

Last edited by a moderator:
We'll update this thread every year to reflect the yearly/total funds the BF Dees board has raised and contributed to our beloved MFC through player sponsorship.

2011 - $1325.00

2012 - $1900.00

2013 - $1925.00

Total - $5150.00

To every poster who has at some point contributed towards a BF Dees board player sponsorship since inception thank you and well done!

$5150 is nothing to be sneezed at and it reflects the generosity and spirit of the BF Dees board - which is by no way the biggest on BF to say the least. It shows that fan forums can be a whole lot more than just places to argue with other fans.

Here's hoping 2013 is a major step forward. Jeremy Howe is an absolute gem player for us to sponsor and young Dom Barry (in due course) will hopefully re-pay the faith Neeld showed in him with some exciting footy. :thumbsu:

We'll update this thread every year to reflect the yearly/total funds the BF Dees board has raised and contributed to our beloved MFC through player sponsorship.

2011 - $1325.00

2012 - $1900.00

2013 - $1925.00

Total - $5150.00

To every poster who has at some point contributed towards a BF Dees board player sponsorship since inception thank you and well done!

$5150 is nothing to be sneezed at and it reflects the generosity and spirit of the BF Dees board - which is by no way the biggest on BF to say the least. It shows that fan forums can be a whole lot more than just places to argue with other fans.

Here's hoping 2013 is a major step forward. Jeremy Howe is an absolute gem player for us to sponsor and young Dom Barry (in due course) will hopefully re-pay the faith Neeld showed in him with some exciting footy. :thumbsu:

Good to see the old DP back!

Great effort from everyone involved. Over $5,000 is a super effort and, as Rand says, nothing to be sneezed at. Shows why the board is easily the smart supporters choice. ;)

Great effort from everyone involved. Over $5,000 is a super effort and, as Rand says, nothing to be sneezed at. Shows why the board club is easily the smart supporters choice. ;)
FTFY

This needs to be updated.

Proper Gander
Cool. Yes. Thank you.

How many weird secret threads have you got stashed away back here anyway? I've never wanted to dig too deep because I'm frightened of what I might find. I will update this directly once I have drunk these wines and overdosed on Freo and Carlton being uninteresting together.

Cool. Yes. Thank you.

How many weird secret threads have you got stashed away back here anyway? I've never wanted to dig too deep because I'm frightened of what I might find. I will update this directly once I have drunk these wines and overdosed on Freo and Carlton being uninteresting together.
Ever since the dwarfs awoke a Balrog I've had the same outlook.

Great effort from everyone involved. Over $5,000 is a super effort and, as Rand says, nothing to be sneezed at. Shows why the board is easily the smart supporters choice. ;)
People thought it was Rand B back in 2013. Also CowboyFromHell has been missed

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm not the only one looking forward to shortening the older ones.
Okay okay I'll see what I can do about getting them shortened.

Anyone would think you're slightly embarrassed about Jumping Jeremy and Dom.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back