Mega Thread Melbourne Cup Day 2015 * All betting discussion *

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hard to see Fame Game getting much shorter,bar it winning C Cup .
Hokko Braves not too far behind him at home although he probably has a bit less x factor.

Heres the Tenno Sho where they clshed this year,ignore tne call,has no idea
Fame Game (14) runs 2nd in yoshida colours with orange cap,HB (6) runs 6th in white with black pattern on rails

seth

Hard to see Fame Game getting much shorter,bar it winning C Cup .
Hokko Braves not too far behind him at home although he probably has a bit less x factor.

Heres the Tenno Sho where they clshed this year,ignore tne call,has no idea
Fame Game (14) runs 2nd in yoshida colours with orange cap,HB (6) runs 6th in white with black pattern on rails

seth

Jeez Gold Ship was huge. Fame game hit the line like a king. What was the distance?

sethlad, be a dear and tell us which internationals you have already had a bet on, please.

Sure,Ive backed Fame Game because he was always gunna get a weight that got him in.
Of Aidens Im on Bondi Beach,dont like his others,not sure its coming though.
Of the rest,had something on Max Dynamite but hes well found now & also Quest For More as he beat Max
recently & is 4x the price.

Tenno Sho is 3200m

seth

Sure,Ive backed Fame Game because he was always gunna get a weight that got him in.
Of Aidens Im on Bondi Beach,dont like his others,not sure its coming though.
Of the rest,had something on Max Dynamite but hes well found now & also Quest For More as he beat Max
recently & is 4x the price.

Tenno Sho is 3200m

seth

Thanks bud. :thumbsu:

Godolphin has stated that Secret Number and Sky Hunter will enter quarantine en route to Melbourne. Sky Hunter would certainly make the field and, in my opinion, Secret Number would be highly likely to as well.

Last edited:
Sky Hunter has some class but hes hardly had any recent racing & will go in without another run
Secret Number is very lightly raced but not sure hes good enough on what hes produced so far

seth

Last edited:
The Naturalism was a nothing race yesterday in terms of shaping the MC market but Our Ivanhoe's last 200m was very nice work. Was plodding coming around the corner but gee he picked up and hit the line well late.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Looked too slow for mine (bit of that Protectionist flat spot :drunk:) - would want to see again somewhere before backing in either of the cups.

Plenty of average horses in front of him.

Fairly plan race, you're right, but it was only 2000m, giving weight to everything else and only an even tempo, wouldn't have been fully wound up yesterday with bigger goals in mind. Im not rushing over to best odds to back him now but a definite pass mark for me.

Freedman was saying he may just put work into him at home and go straight to the CC this morning.

Fail safe: Put Zac Purton on a $6 Japanese pacemaker again this year in the MC and the rest are running for second. :thumbsu:

Fairly plan race, you're right, but it was only 2000m, giving weight to everything else and only an even tempo, wouldn't have been fully wound up yesterday with bigger goals in mind. Im not rushing over to best odds to back him now but a definite pass mark for me.

Freedman was saying he may just put work into him at home and go straight to the CC this morning.

Fail safe: Put Zac Purton on a $6 Japanese pacemaker again this year in the MC and the rest are running for second. :thumbsu:

If he goes straight into the CC there is no way I could back him personally - would probably end up on my third line for tris/F4s

Apparently Lloyd Williams has told Adrian Dunn that he's bought into Order of St George, Bondi Beach and Kingfisher. No word on plans for them yet...

Not unhappy with this news for my Bondi bet.
OOSG would be unlikely still,
Kingfisher is far too slow,must be looking to win a grand national

seth

Yeah I was watching him too, seeing as we know his quality already.

Pass mark for me too, without raving; just gonna be hard to bet with real confidence now if he goes straight into the CC.

Yeah I was watching him too, seeing as we know his quality already.

Pass mark for me too, without raving; just gonna be hard to bet with real confidence now if he goes straight into the CC.

Put it this way - I'd rather back an unsighted international at Caulfield than him.

Pretty sure we are in the Melbourne Cup thread and that's his main goal anyway, people. ;)

Im not overly keen to back him in the CC either but ill never say never, if hes a stupid price and definite starter it won't matter to me. Ill guarantee that there will be plenty less credentialed that will start shorter than him on the day.

#richoVALUE!!

edit: My original post was put together like a drunk smsing his booty call at 4am on a Sunday morning. Jesus Christ, english next time plz.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back