Competition Melbourne Heart rebrand (Melbourne City)

Remove this Banner Ad

Melbourne Heart FC are changing their name to Melbourne City FC. They will be rebranding so obviously they'll at the very least have a new name and logo. They could change their colours and introduce some sort of mascot too.

Design a new Melbourne City FC logo and home and away kit. You may also design a 3rd kit if you wish. You can use any colour combination you like.

Good luck !

BeoUO93CIAAcRWc.jpg

*Not an entry

As much I don't like Kappa (because I first thought their logo was a strip club logo with two girls), Nike's Dri-Fit material is terrible. I have the Man Utd jersey and don't like the feel. And the material also stopped me buying the new Indian Cricket jersey.

Really? The Dri-Fit material is quality.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This is the kit of FC Basel. I think Melbourne City could use something this, but replace the blue with the Man City blue and use white accents instead of red.

Otherwise, the easiest option is red and sky blue stripes. I know it might clash with Newcastle and Sydney won't want "their" color used, but it's the option that makes the most sense in representing the history of the club and the new identity.
mwFVsIxfZlE-gjHJRIYTrYg.jpg

Red and sky blue don't go well together at all.

I don't know, it dosen't look horrible. I've certainly seen far worse combinations.

They may consider mixing up the ratio so it is more red with blue accents or vice versa, or breaking it up with white pinstripes if they go for stripes.

Either way, 0% of people will be happy if Melbourne City wear a strait copy of Man Citys sky blue. Heart fans want to retain the red and white, it will cause confusion with Sydney FC (and extensive bottom hurting in the harbor city) and one of the highlights of the Melbourne derby is the football tradition of city derbies having a red vs blue element.

Man City have committed to listening to the fans, so I have hope the sky blue may not be a big feature, if at all.

This whole thing depresses me really. How would you feel if some big sporting team bought your AFL team and changed the name, sponsors and jumper design. I'd probably stop supporting Geelong

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This whole thing depresses me really. How would you feel if some big sporting team bought your AFL team and changed the name, sponsors and jumper design. I'd probably stop supporting Geelong

You can't compare it really. The two codes are vastly different.

Ask Box Hill or Preston supporters. Hell, ask the old Fitzroy or South Melbourne people!

If you ask me, it is a very different situation, though. Heart were struggling for wins on field, with a small supporter base and a board who refused to spend any money on improving the situation. Given the A-Leagues history in axing under performing teams that aren't from NSW (NZ Knights, Townsville, Gold Coast) it seemed almost inevitable that the club would be doomed at some point sooner rather than later.

The comparison with an AFL team is also aa bit unfair. Heart has only been around 4 years, rather than the 150+ that Geelong has, and has been seen a bit as the embarrassing family member of the Melbourne sporting landscape that nobody talks about (seriously, the mascot is almost literally a red headed step child!)

I am a foundation member of Melbourne Heart without an EPL team (nominally a Fulham barracker before now) and to me, linking with a giant of world football with the promise of turning the club into a dominant force in Australian football is preferable to being the joke of the A League for two more seasons or so and then being dumped into oblivion, or worse, the VPL 3rd division.

I'm excited more than anything else, actually.

I don't know, it dosen't look horrible. I've certainly seen far worse combinations.

They may consider mixing up the ratio so it is more red with blue accents or vice versa, or breaking it up with white pinstripes if they go for stripes.

Either way, 0% of people will be happy if Melbourne City wear a strait copy of Man Citys sky blue. Heart fans want to retain the red and white, it will cause confusion with Sydney FC (and extensive bottom hurting in the harbor city) and one of the highlights of the Melbourne derby is the football tradition of city derbies having a red vs blue element.

Man City have committed to listening to the fans, so I have hope the sky blue may not be a big feature, if at all.

I can't see them being a sole Red and White anymore, maybe as a home set with a touch of sky blue.
But the away or clash will be a sky blue and if they play Sydney they will wear their home.

Man City has also linked up with New York City FC.

I can't see them being a sole Red and White anymore, maybe as a home set with a touch of sky blue.
But the away or clash will be a sky blue and if they play Sydney they will wear their home.

Man City has also linked up with New York City FC.
Most likely.

New York City are a brand new franchise, they will debut in the MLS in 2015. Part owned 20/80 by the Yankees just like Heart with the Storm.

Man City bought their expansion rights at the beginning of last year.

That circle logo of theirs is horrid.

Most likely.

New York City are a brand new franchise, they will debut in the MLS in 2015. Part owned 20/80 by the Yankees just like Heart with the Storm.

But they are using the old NASL history.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back