Bring-Back-Powell

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 27, 2005
Seattle
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Seattle Mariners
And be the first team to do it since Richmond in 1961 against South Melbourne (12.19.91 - 0.8.8)

Why I believe it's a realistic posibility:

1) The club managed 3 goals against the worst defence in the AFL in GWS, last week.
2) The club just refuses to attack, refuses to take the first viable option inside 50. Waits for the oppo to flood the inside 50
3) The club's forward line is atrocious on paper - Dawes, Fitzpatrick, Pedersen....give me a break!
4) West Coast are in sizzling hot form
5) West Coast's defence is the best unit in the AFL - McKenzie, Brown, Hurn, Bennell and McGovern are a force to be reckoned with.
6) Melbourne are the most inaccurate side in the league
7) This inglorious effort will be achieved sooner or later by a club.
8) Melbourne is by far the least scoring team in the league.

All of the above points make a perfect storm for a goal-less game.

West Coast 22.19.151
Melbourne 0.11.11

You can take that to the bank.

Can anyone argue for the case of Melbourne kicking a goal.

PS - this is not a troll as i barrack for them and it pains me to write this.

And be the first team to do it since Richmond in 1961 against South Melbourne (12.19.91 - 0.8.8)

Why I believe it's a realistic posibility:

1) The club managed 3 goals against the worst defence in the AFL in GWS, last week.
2) The club just refuses to attack, refuses to take the first viable option inside 50. Waits for the oppo to flood the inside 50
3) The club's forward line is atrocious on paper - Dawes, Fitzpatrick, Pedersen....give me a break!
4) West Coast are in sizzling hot form
5) West Coast's defence is the best unit in the AFL - McKenzie, Brown, Hurn, Bennell and McGovern are a force to be reckoned with.
6) Melbourne are the most inaccurate side in the league
7) This inglorious effort will be achieved sooner or later by a club.
8) Melbourne is by far the least scoring team in the league.

All of the above points make a perfect storm for a goal-less game.

West Coast 22.19.151
Melbourne 0.11.11

You can take that to the bank.

PS - this is not a troll as i barrack for them and it pains me to write this.

Jack Watts.

West Coast 22.19.151
Melbourne 0.11.11

You made your own case. 11 points is 11 shots. The odds of at least 1 shot out of 11 being a goal are good, statistically, even if it's just a random bounce of an odd-shaped ball.

Could happen but the last time a club played 4 quarters and didn't let the other team slip was 186, even then Melbourne still kicked 8 from memory?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Also, if real powerhouse teams like Geelong, Collingwood (2011) and Hawthorn weren't able to do it against 18 year olds at GC/GWS, then WC shouldn't do it to Melbourne

You made your own case. 11 points is 11 shots. The odds of at least 1 shot out of 11 being a goal are good, statistically, even if it's just a random bounce of an odd-shaped ball.
Yes, say a scoring shot on goal only succeeds in a goal 1 in every 5 attempts, or 20% of the time, a figure which is conservative as the average tends to be around 50%. The odds of going 11 shots on goal without scoring a goal are about 8.5%.

You know what ? I think the Dees will give a good account of themselves and only lose by 3-4 goals.

The Eagles are no world beaters, haven't come close to beating a top 4 side all year, and its recent wins over a declining/injured riddled Collingwood and a flakey Adelaide were not that impressive at all.

The Dees don't need negative nellies as fans like the OP right now, if they go in with the right attitude and play 4 quarters, they could beat the Eagles, absolutely no doubt in my mind they can, but as i say, it all depends on attitude and application..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back