Melbourne v GWS, MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

A lesser team would have turned into a rabble sometime just after quarter time, as the coach froze and panicked from a lack of rotations and the player just gave up.

That remind you of any recent game ?

Yes, it does.

vampires-kiss.jpg

Still it's both captains and the full foward in a 3rd year team.
It's a bit different to Collingwood

Yes, it is different.

How many of them were cheering when they were tanking and jizzing over the prospect of getting Watts, Scully and Trengove?

Didn't cheer in 09 for the loss. Never supported the idea of tanking.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Isn't Melbourne FC listed with The Heritage Trust being the oldest established football club in Australia, if not the world ?

There is absolutely no chance of them relocating/merging or folding, despite those bitter, nasty trolls wanting a football club to die, a club that's meant so much people, through many generations.

I was at Fitzroy's last game in Melbourne in 1996, never want to see scenes that again, absolutely heart breaking.

All those outs happen on the day of or during the game, did they?

Eliott was not injured on Saturday, your club tried to be smart and failed. Pendlebury was replaced in the 22 so it was Reid, Cloke and Beams as opposed to Davis, Patton and Ward. Fairly similar I would say, yet one team battled on and the other folded like a cheap suit.

Eliott was not injured on Saturday, your club tried to be smart and failed.

No, they tried to get him up for the game, after he struggled with tightness in his hamstring during the week, and failed. There's no reason for us to pretend that he's going to play, only to have him replaced by a completely different type of player in Clinton Young.

Pendlebury was replaced in the 22

Yeah, five minutes before gametime. I think most clubs would stuggle to adapt to their captain and best player suddenly being out, particularly when the bloke replacing him (Tony Armstrong) had already played four quarters of footy in the VFL that day.

so it was Reid, Cloke and Beams as opposed to Davis, Patton and Ward. Fairly similar I would say, yet one team battled on and the other folded like a cheap suit.

So our best forward, our second best midfielder and a former All-Australian all go down, along with the other late outs, and we couldn't work through it. Not really surprising TBH. Yeah, the players that were out there could have given a better effort no doubt, but I'm not sure why we're supposed to just take those circumstances in our stride like it's nothing and still get a good result, as though it's such a common thing that every club deals with.

Good on your team for getting through it today, but to make out as though it's all so easy to do is just stupid.

No, they tried to get him up for the game, after he struggled with tightness in his hamstring during the week, and failed. There's no reason for us to pretend that he's going to play, only to have him replaced by a completely different type of player in Clinton Young.

Yeah, five minutes before gametime. I think most clubs would stuggle to adapt to their captain and best player suddenly being out, particularly when the bloke replacing him (Tony Armstrong) had already played four quarters of footy in the VFL that day.

So our best forward, our second best midfielder and a former All-Australian all go down, along with the other late outs, and we couldn't work through it. Not really surprising TBH. Yeah, the players that were out there could have given a better effort no doubt, but I'm not sure why we're supposed to just take those circumstances in our stride like it's nothing and still get a good result, as though it's such a common thing that every club deals with.

Good on your team for getting through it today, but to make out as though it's all so easy to do is just stupid.

I agree that the loss is excusable, its just the level of capitulation that's not. Anyway, I digress, thread is about Dees v Giants

Remove this Banner Ad

Back