Dan Cooper

Victory Salute
Sep 26, 2013
Red Corner
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Boxing
http://www.news.com.au/sport/footba...mes-at-aami-park/story-fnk9a3dc-1227388649388

In a season where a share sale valued the club at around $25m, Victory will soon announce another $1m-plus profit, which Chairman Anthony Di Pietro has vowed to reinvest.

“We posted a profit last year, we’ll post a similar operating profit this year,’’ he said.

“Although we’re shareholder owned, we have never ever taken dividends, we reinvest every cent back into the club.

“We’re saving up for our investment in the rollout of our academy programs — so community and junior development is where the money’s going.’’

http://www.news.com.au/sport/footba...mes-at-aami-park/story-fnk9a3dc-1227388649388

In a season where a share sale valued the club at around $25m, Victory will soon announce another $1m-plus profit, which Chairman Anthony Di Pietro has vowed to reinvest.

“We posted a profit last year, we’ll post a similar operating profit this year,’’ he said.

“Although we’re shareholder owned, we have never ever taken dividends, we reinvest every cent back into the club.

“We’re saving up for our investment in the rollout of our academy programs — so community and junior development is where the money’s going.’’

Did this really need a new thread??

In any case, I love that statement by ADP, its not about making money to these guy, (or be it that would be nice and i'm sure they make lots of $$ elsewhere in business) it's all about give back in to the club and making it a powerhouse of Asian football. Love that ambition.
Really hopeful that Academy they are planing comes to fruition in the near future.

Did this really need a new thread??

In any case, I love that statement by ADP, its not about making money to these guy, (or be it that would be nice and i'm sure they make lots of $$ elsewhere in business) it's all about give back in to the club and making it a powerhouse of Asian football. Love that ambition.
Really hopeful that Academy they are planing comes to fruition in the near future.

Why not a new thread? The forum is pretty quiet in the off-season, and it's a huge achievement making $1m profit in a competition where perhaps only one or two other teams are even trading in the black.

Awesome news though not a surprise. MV is probably the only club who did make a profit in this financial year. Would be interested to know how WSW went. Decent crowds in the first half of the financial year (ie second half of the 13/14 season), won the ACL, competed in the world club cup (guaranteed prizemoney) but didn't pay its players enough according to the players and PFA. Interesting.

But again, wd MV, it continues to be the benchmark off the field at least.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back