Melbourne vs GWS

Remove this Banner Ad

The most frustrating thing about games like today is simply, "where the * was that all year!?"

We need to work on our consistency. We're a young team so it's understandable, but we need to get in more talent and keep gelling as a group.

Demons fans blaming the AFL and opposition for not going. Big ******* surprise.

Which other club claims as many members as we do that can *only* gain access to one ground?

It was pitiful scheduling. Give us a home game there against a Melbourne club ffs so at least we can come close to breaking even, not against a club with a Melbourne contingency of maybe 50 people.

Half of our membership has a membership that grants them MCG access and that's it. I'm not *blaming* GWS. I'm blaming the stupid scheduling.

Why is a club whose membership can mostly only get access at the MCG playing a home game in Melbourne at a stadium half the membership base can't access? It's silly.

Melbourne should be exempted from home games at Etihad, at least against interstate clubs. Half of our membership can't even attend the ground! It's a completely legitimate excuse. At the MCG and 18,000 (still small, I know) are there. That's 10,000 more than Etihad. Club would've lost a few hundred thousand today.

Maybe he doesn't want to be the subject of endless speculation about his future, maybe he has a soft spot for Freo as he grew up there. It doesn't really matter anyway, players forget pretty quickly who they supported as a kid.

The constant speculation around him actually annoys me, he's under contract for two more years, let him play.

That I agree with, if he moves in two years, then he moves, we can't stop him, most of us Freo supporters are mostly joking when we say come home, as much as we would like him to, it's just not going to happen.

He is going to be a star though, hope he doesn't let all this talk get to him.

Which other club claims as many members as we do that can *only* gain access to one ground?

It was pitiful scheduling. Give us a home game there against a Melbourne club ffs so at least we can come close to breaking even, not against a club with a Melbourne contingency of maybe 50 people.

Half of our membership has a membership that grants them MCG access and that's it. I'm not *blaming* GWS. I'm blaming the stupid scheduling.

Why is a club whose membership can mostly only get access at the MCG playing a home game in Melbourne at a stadium half the membership base can't access? It's silly.

Melbourne should be exempted from home games at Etihad, at least against interstate clubs. Half of our membership can't even attend the ground! It's a completely legitimate excuse. At the MCG and 18,000 (still small, I know) are there. That's 10,000 more than Etihad. Club would've lost a few hundred thousand today.
Why would a melbourne membership not entitle entry into all 'home' games? And surely the silvertails with an mcc membership, can afford to shell out for 1 friggin game? Excuses plain and simple. Melbourne were awful for the last two months, and the fans didnt want to be there if we got flogged by the trodgolites

St Kilda's wins came against Melbourne x2, Essendon, Brisbane, WB, and GC - so three teams that finished below them, one team that finished well above them, and a side that finished two points ahead. We beat Collingwood, Geelong in Geelong, Richmond, the Dogs, GWS, Brisbane, and GC - so five teams that finished above us and two below.

If we hadn't played like absolute trash v Carlton and Essendon (who also beat St Kilda at stages of the season) as well as the Saints (particularly the first game, which was filth and probably our worst team effort for the year, we'd have three more wins and everyone would be much more positive. But I'll take the fadeouts against teams below us for now because we've shown that our best football can beat top 6 sides.

Why would a melbourne membership not entitle entry into all 'home' games? And surely the silvertails with an mcc membership, can afford to shell out for 1 friggin game? Excuses plain and simple. Melbourne were awful for the last two months, and the fans didnt want to be there if we got flogged by the trodgolites

Why should they fork out for tickets to another game when their membership fees already cover access to home games in Melbourne at the MCG? Yeah it's an excuse and a pretty good one. MCC membership with Melbourne club support is the same as AFL Membership with club support: the club gets membership funds and numbers. Only difference being MCC membership doesn't grant you access to other stadiums.

Not sure if you're getting what I'm saying. Many Melbourne members are MCC members which doesn't grant them access to home games at Etihad. Essentially we've been given a "home" game where paid members can't get access.

You can't bloody expect already paid up members to fork out for a ticket at full price to a match. That's ludicrous.

Melbourne shouldn't get home games at Etihad for this reason. I get that some fans of other clubs are too dense to "get it", but a large portion of our membership base are MCC members exclusively, because, like, the MCG is our home ground. Not Etihad. Neither is the NT but at least we make a profit there.

Why should they fork out for tickets to another game when their membership fees already cover access to home games in Melbourne at the MCG? Yeah it's an excuse and a pretty good one. MCC membership with Melbourne club support is the same as AFL Membership with club support: the club gets membership funds and numbers. Only difference being MCC membership doesn't grant you access to other stadiums.

Not sure if you're getting what I'm saying. Many Melbourne members are MCC members which doesn't grant them access to home games at Etihad. Essentially we've been given a "home" game where paid members can't get access.

You can't bloody expect already paid up members to fork out for a ticket at full price to a match. That's ludicrous.

Melbourne shouldn't get home games at Etihad for this reason. I get that some fans of other clubs are too dense to "get it", but a large portion of our membership base are MCC members exclusively, because, like, the MCG is our home ground. Not Etihad. Neither is the NT but at least we make a profit there.
Absolutely fair enough. I was shooting my mouth off without knowing any intimate details. It seems with home games being played in the nt, and a fair proportion of the mfc fan base choosing (or are fortunate enough) to be mcc members, the club needs to rally hard, that no home games be played at etihad...yes?
Melb vs gws at the mcg would not have been a financial windfall either i imagine, but would have pleased our supporter base moreso

Absolutely fair enough. I was shooting my mouth off without knowing any intimate details. It seems with home games being played in the nt, and a fair proportion of the mfc fan base choosing (or are fortunate enough) to be mcc members, the club needs to rally hard, that no home games be played at etihad...yes?
Melb vs gws at the mcg would not have been a financial windfall either i imagine, but would have pleased our supporter base moreso

There would have been 18,000 there, which would have been at a loss but no where near the amount of playing in front of 8000 at Etihad. You need, what, 30,000 to break even at Etihad, whereas it's about 22,000 at the MCG.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back