Gym & Misc Member Profiles - Post yours!

Remove this Banner Ad

Is that you, Aaron Edwards?

Great work, mate!

Edwards is a fair way more athletic than I ever was, but it's funny how big some of the league footballers look on tv though in reality their quite lean and small in muscle density.

Edwards is a fair way more athletic than I ever was, but it's funny how big some of the league footballers look on tv though in reality their quite lean and small in muscle density.

Fyfe always strikes me like that - looks like a beast on tv but up close he's actually pretty lean.

Mundy is the opposite though - the tv doesn't do justice to how big he is. Whenever he comes near my part of the fence I'm amazed at how solid he looks.

Have decided it's time to beast it back up after training the last 8 months just for fitness..

I'll start eating more, loading protein and good fats for growth and start lifting heavier. I know my body pretty well, should take me about 4 weeks to put on 5kgs and from there the gains will slow a little. I'll aim for 85kgs in 6-8 weeks, that's a gain of 8kgs.

I'm benching 105kg ATM ( sets of 6) and squatting 100kgs. I should improve my bench to 120 as a min in 2 months and the same with squatting.

I'll start next pay as I had of things to pay this week and I need plenty of $$ for supplements and food.

I'll train 6 days a week and include 2 double sessions with cardio included.

Let the beast begin.

That's a pretty heavy bulk hey man. I'd imagine most would be fat; you could slow it down and still get good results if you think you might be happier keeping your low body fat percentage. Obviously up to you but I've done that in the past (in order to push bench hard etc) and end up realising I could've maintained 95% of the gains with 50% of the fat gain if I was stricter with my calorie/macro breakdown. Not that I learn.. but still.

Also, that's a big bench man, I reckon you could push your squat up to 140+ if you're benching over 100 pretty easily. Any reason?

Either way it's good to hear the positive attitude man.

That's a pretty heavy bulk hey man. I'd imagine most would be fat; you could slow it down and still get good results if you think you might be happier keeping your low body fat percentage. Obviously up to you but I've done that in the past (in order to push bench hard etc) and end up realising I could've maintained 95% of the gains with 50% of the fat gain if I was stricter with my calorie/macro breakdown. Not that I learn.. but still.

Also, that's a big bench man, I reckon you could push your squat up to 140+ if you're benching over 100 pretty easily. Any reason?

Either way it's good to hear the positive attitude man.

My push for extra KGs is on hold just until I receive all my sups, it's taking longer than I thought with shipments and what not and stock being available. As soon as everything arrives I will be full throttle.

My squat is terrible, I'm one of those who trains legs sparingly as I've always gotten away with natural size in my legs. I swam, ran and played plenty of sport so I was always working that muscle group, moving forward though I will work legs and core a lot more.

I trained chest tonight and I warmed up on 80kgs and my 4th set I pushed 110kgs and did it without spot. Bench has always been a strength, at my peak I'll push sets at 135-140.

I really enjoy seeing my body change, I'll do a heavy bulk and slowly drop a few kgs, I never do a cut. If you look at my pics I have been 88-89kgs but then I'll drop to 83-84 and hold that for 2 - 3 months and then I'll wind right down with training and diet and drop to 77kgs which is me ATM.

As soon as everything arrives I'll take my first pic of the scales and I'll update it weekly, you'll be surprised how quickly I put weight on. I'm
Almost 30 now so I know my body extremely well.

After having pretty decent progress I'm finding it hard to put on muscle despite my numbers increasing. Is it kind of like with weight-loss where you reach a certain point and it becomes quite difficult to see drastic changes? Any thoughts?

As of a month ago... as you can see, no real change from last time.
http://scontent-a.cdninstagram.com/hphotos-xpa1/t51.2885-15/927070_244256019096597_695401586_n.jpg
Yep. You've probably maxed out your newbie gains.

Progress will be slower from this point, but stick with it.

Yeah, you're gonna stall now. Especially for a girl and someone your size. Seriously; anyone that's a female for a start and on top of it (by looks) a lean, small <60kg asian girl, I'd think you'd struggle to put on muscle. Strength is different, but even that is going to taper off. You can't get linear gains forever, but it will be especially hard for you as you progress.

http://www.exrx.net/Testing/WeightLifting/StrengthStandards.html

Anything past intermediate and you'll find progression will be pretty slow.

If you're looking to progress more now it'll be a combination of perfecting your diet and ensuring your lifting isn't sacrificed/you don't get sick etc.

Great work though!

This link is great! Thank you! I think you're right, I'm at that stage where I need to hit the diet harder. I'm very happy with my body so I don't think I'll tweak much more and play it by ear (still obsessed with the gains after a year of progress though :p)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

For a 16 year old looking to add size what do you guys recommend in terms of program etc?

Firstly? Patience.

You're young and you're body is still growing at a rapid pace. The last thing that you should do is to add an unrealistic growth expectation on your body and mind. If you can try your best to learn nutrition and how your body works, that skill will never leave you. Learn good eating habits.

It's great to see a young guy looking to stay fit and healthy, but just make sure that you don't cut too many corners. As for programs, ask guys like Kong, cptkirk and the experienced lifters/fitness guys in here and learn from them.

Just my 2 cents.

For a 16 year old looking to add size what do you guys recommend in terms of program etc?

Depends what kind of shape are you in at the moment, and you 16 you should be pretty lean and a very active metabolism. But unfortunately these days its not the assumption you can make with kids around your age, mainly because of very poor diets and lack of exercise. I remember when i was 16, i was playing local footy on Sunday and a school game mid week in winter plus 2-3 footy training sessions. In the off season i would just about run all year round. I could eat what i wanted (my diet was a good balance) and stay pretty lean.

So in summary, despite what type of shape you are in training will be the same. I would suggest 2-3 fulld body work outs a week, say Mon Wed Fri, keep to the basics, such as;

bench press
squats (use smith machine or legs presses if you aren't confident in a squat rack)
bent over rows (save deadlifts for when you gain some more strength and confidence)
Lat pull down
Shoulder press
chin ups, push ups
Keep bicep curls, tricep exercises to a minimum or use as a finisher set

2-3 sets x 10-15 reps for each exercises. Keep the weight light to start with and keep good form, technique.

After 3 months, you will gain strength and confidence in the gym, you can look at breaking up your program into body parts and some more isolation exercises.

As for diet, it will come down to what shape you are in at the moment. Stick to the basics, chicken, steak, kangaroo, turkey, Sweet potato, brown rice and oats and eat plenty of veggies!

aside from what more esteemed posters have said Legendairy, i'd like to suggest engaging a personal trainer (ducks as posters throw shoes at my head). they can show you some basics, and then you can continue on from there.

also at 16, don't forget to study and pay attention at school.

Last edited:
aside from what more esteemed posters have said Legendairy, i'd like to suggest engaging a personal trainer (ducks as posters throw shoes at my head). they can show you some basics, and then you can continue on from there.

also at 16, don't forget to study and pay attention at school.

I see your Asian father instincts are kicking in... :p

9pt3g.jpg

First off, 16 and your looking down the path of putting on muscle....:thumbsu::thumbsu:
Like some have said before, I would focus on the basics and getting the movements/technique correct before you start upping the weight. The better your technique is now, the easier it is to lift heavy.

First off, 16 and your looking down the path of putting on muscle....:thumbsu::thumbsu:
Like some have said before, I would focus on the basics and getting the movements/technique correct before you start upping the weight. The better your technique is now, the easier it is to lift heavy.

cant like your post enough. but 16 year olds are prone to succumbing to peer pressure and wanting to look tough/good doing exercise. technique is an evil word, whereas lifting as much as possible to impress is what's important

Its going to be hard since the PT's at my gym have no clue… The thing is i don't always feel the burn in the muscle I'm working…

Remove this Banner Ad

Back