Gym & Misc Member Profiles - Post yours!

Remove this Banner Ad

Member Profiles Age: 31
Height: 179
Weight: 93kg
Body type: between an endomorph and a mesomorph. I have naturally huge thighs and glutes.
Qualifications in the industry: Bachelor of Science (Health and Exercise), Grad Dip (Education), Expired ESSA Accreditation as an ex phys. Don't work in the field anymore. Work in OHS instead. s**t boring.

Supplements currently using: just protein powder and a multivitamin

Diet: protein shake with fruit and multi-vitamin for breakfast, protein/vegetables and small amount of carbs for lunch and dinner

Goals: I let myself go somewhat the last few years. Goals are predominately performance based for my sport, but aiming for a decrease in weight to 85kg and bodyfat percentage of 18%.

Achievements so far: I have no problem putting and maintaining muscle mass and strength. I don't do any hypertrophy training. Just power and CV, plyometric and flexibility training specific to my sport. Have lost 3kg and dropped 2% body fat since starting a high protein, low carb and high activity program two weeks ago. Going well so far.

Sport played: Tennis

You realise strength underpins any power? Doing strength training is really essential if you want to increase power. I can agree with no hypertrophy training, but doing low reps to increase your max strength will increase your power output.

EDIT: Also, I did a Bachelor of Human Movement aswell, and have been okay getting into gyms. But I agree with above, the ASCA course is great. If you were interested you could probably skip through to level 2 because of your degree and ex phys experience, and the level 2 is alot better (In Perth in October I think?)

To be honest I haven't got any interest in doing an ASCA course or any fitness related course at this stage. PT and Ex Phys work pays piss and I don't miss it.

Age; 28
Height; 5'10 / 178cm
Current weight; 80.0kg
Body fat % - approx 11%
short term goals; increase strength, lean gains, lose body fat.
Long term goals; would love to get to and stay around 10% BF weighing around 88kg

Well after a bit of plateau, i was "stuck" around 81.5 for 5-6 days, i weighed in this morning at 80.0kg even, so i've hit my goal.
I will aim to maybe drop another 1kg, or at least making sure i'm still at 80kg this time next week. I will start a bit of a reverse diet from there on, increase calories over a couple of weeks until i hit the macros for my bulk.

Well after a bit of plateau, i was "stuck" around 81.5 for 5-6 days, i weighed in this morning at 80.0kg even, so i've hit my goal.
I will aim to maybe drop another 1kg, or at least making sure i'm still at 80kg this time next week. I will start a bit of a reverse diet from there on, increase calories over a couple of weeks until i hit the macros for my bulk.

Weighed in this morning at 79.9kg, so i stayed at my goal weight although only 100g less than last week it was good to see 79....on the scales (even though i know this would change simply by drinking a glass of water) Will maintain diet over the weekend and introduce more calories over the coming weeks. YAY for eating more food again!

journey2014BF.jpg

My journey.

Started off in 2008-2010 as a Bulimia sufferer, controlling weight wherever I could.
Bloated out to 94kg in 2011, worst shape of my life.

Started lifting and eating right in January 2013.

Right three pics are me now.

Perspective really makes you sit back and appreciate the hard work you put in.

congrats mate. how many hours did you put in per week?
Thanks mate!

I currently run a five day split with an hour and a half of heavy weights each day, and either 20 minutes of HIIT or one hour of cardio on Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday. I've only been doing the cardio for three days now, just started my cut :)

View attachment 75155

My journey.

Started off in 2008-2010 as a Bulimia sufferer, controlling weight wherever I could.
Bloated out to 94kg in 2011, worst shape of my life.

Started lifting and eating right in January 2013.

Right three pics are me now.

Perspective really makes you sit back and appreciate the hard work you put in.

Brilliant brother!!

My body can change pretty rapidly depending on my training, diet and anything 'extra' I take to help the cause. I have always fluctuated but these pics start at 2010 ( The fatty), the next one was literally 4 weeks after my new years holiday and I needed to get fit, I dropped the weight really quick. The next one was yesterday, and the final one was 12 months ago at 88kgs! I'm 78kgs atm, 12% body fat and running really well. I may even try and play some footy again next year again if my body can handle the punishment.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    8.1 KB · Views: 7
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    152.7 KB · Views: 7
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    244.3 KB · Views: 7
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    75.5 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Weighed in this morning at 79.9kg, so i stayed at my goal weight although only 100g less than last week it was good to see 79....on the scales (even though i know this would change simply by drinking a glass of water) Will maintain diet over the weekend and introduce more calories over the coming weeks. YAY for eating more food again!

Just another update, i've been enjoying eating more food mostly added in more rice and sweet potato, but also a few donuts and cookies! a man has gotta live.

Weighing in around 85kg now.

Also i am planning to compete in a comp next year, around end of May based on this years calendar. There is a section in the ANB competition which is Male Muscle, which i decided is best for me at the moment. I think for me its a bit of a stepping stone into doing a full on body building comp. The Muscle category doesn't require the traditional poses, they don't judge legs (not that i don't train legs, just won't get the size and conditioning in them in time for them to be judged in a body building comp).

I will spend the next 5 months adding on mass and eating, then enter a 4 month cut to get into shape for the comp. My max weight is around 93kg come end of Jan, my goal weight will be around 77/78 kg.

If anyone is interested, i have flirted with the idea of setting up a separate thread which will be a bit of journal on training, dieting and day to day stuff etc. And another way to keep me honest and on track to compete. But only if people are interested in reading...

Last edited:
Here you go:

10710758_1001293643217692_8473011459570914671_n.jpg

Blergh, put on 2kg after not gymming as often or being as strict with my diet.

Relationships are no bloody good. Going to up it to 6 days a week targeting different areas so I won't get sore, and reducing cal to 1200.

Don't have any fitness photos as I'm staying in a temporary place with no full length mirrors - but this was taken last Sunday. Want to make the stomach much more toned, the lighting is so deceptive and the arms are still a little chubby.

good to see elbows not pointy

Cleaned up my diet for a cut, trekking along well. Starting to see some slight ab definition which is nice.

Got some new PB's on bench and squats also :)

Squats: 2 x 90kg.
Bench: 5 x 60kg.

Hoping to get to 100kg squats by the end of the year and 60kg front squats.

A bit of back progress :) managed 50kg lat pulldowns which is only 7kg off my body weight.

wmQIGNJmpmmwBMykQwXttgAqCViLrgFrkZxB.jpg
Thick, solid, tight. Best back on BF IMO (female)

Thick, solid, tight. Best back on BF IMO (female)

Thanks! Only a few weeks left to go on my cut, looking forward to bulking again! Have a couple more progress shots :)

XVpbvVqEHveIWQatFwoKtlSNVZfHhmUioIxR-610xh.jpg

First pics were taken in May and last pics taken in September :) Lost some size (as to be expected when cutting) but can tell my bodyfat has dropped!

lnSXnVgKpTHyRanOcINBCmSjqfnquiZEsBar-610xh.jpg

TfbDPsJPlcOUXDWUjfVJcLgptnayXRXQghQy-610xh.jpg

Remove this Banner Ad

Back