Membership 2014 - Final Total 66,122

Remove this Banner Ad

only kidding.. pet memberships on the other hand

jokes aside - this is why my wife refused to let me get a pet membership for our dog, said if her dog isnt valued enough to be considered a real member the club can live without her money

You are so wrong on this. We have a major issue with only roughly 50% of reserved seat holders turning up to each game, and these are people who pay a significant premium on the 16 gamer for their membership
Not so much of a financial problem as it means the club gets to keep the full amount of the membership and not have to pay any gate receipts to the ground for the member attending.

Not so much of a financial problem as it means the club gets to keep the full amount of the membership and not have to pay any gate receipts to the ground for the member attending.

Maddog was saying a huge number of people barely miss a game, so 16 gamers must be huge. I was simply pointing out this belief and assumption is flawed. Our club is trying to get members to stop missing so many games, so his premise is wrong

I buy one every year for my late father. need to put something on his tombstone. Can't bare it for him not to be apart of it so why not.

Cheers Cevap_Roll , Thanks for sharing . Made my day. Once a Tiger always a Tiger. (With or without the membership)

This isn't actually true. Every time a member swipes his card, the club pays a fee for the seat. The fee that we pay for the membership is a gross figure of revenue and not a net figure.

This isn't actually true. Every time a member swipes his card, the club pays a fee for the seat. The fee that we pay for the membership is a gross figure of revenue and not a net figure.

I've got no idea how this all works flea, but to me this sounds like the club gets to keep more $$ if we don't attend games ? Is that correct ?

I've got no idea how this all works flea, but to me this sounds like the club gets to keep more $$ if we don't attend games ? Is that correct ?
Yeah i got the same impression as well. AFAIK the membership money goes directly to the club, but when you use it game day, the club then has to pay for your entry and seat if you have a reserve seat. I take it, that the reason why is, you haven't actually paid for a ticket at the gate.

Yeah i got the same impression as well. AFAIK the membership money goes directly to the club, but when you use it game day, the club then has to pay for your entry and seat if you have a reserve seat. I take it, that the reason why is, you haven't actually paid for a ticket at the gate.

I've got a 3121 x 2 , I feel a bit better now for only going to a few games each year. Knowing the club gets the $$$..

Looks like we'll fall well short of the 75k target. Round 1 did some damage no doubt and our performance in rd two was below par.

Possibly, I'll be happy if we get to 70k as I have a bet with a Hawks support on BF for a slab. If we get there it'll still be an improvement & I'll put the slab on a table somewhere to share with you guys if I can....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Possibly, I'll be happy if we get to 70k as I have a bet with a Hawks support on BF for a slab. If we get there it'll still be an improvement & I'll put the slab on a table somewhere to share with you guys if I can....
That was my slab you bastard .....

Cheers Cevap_Roll , Thanks for sharing . Made my day. Once a Tiger always a Tiger. (With or without the membership)
Unlike me he got to see the glory days first hand. When he first came to this country in the 70's he lived off Punt Rd. One evening he decided to follow the crowds to the game and though he didn't know any rules he was hooked ever since.

That was my slab you bastard .....

You can still get on that bet

But realistically you should be looking at reaching the 70K ,

75K would seem impossible this season.

If you reach 70K that would be fantastic that's what Hawthorn is aiming for. :thumbsu:

Looks like we'll fall well short of the 75k target. Round 1 did some damage no doubt and our performance in rd two was below par.
I have never been able to understand supporters who makes their call on whether to fork out for a membership based on potential for the year ahead and early round form...

If finances are indeed that tight then the couple of hundred bucks are a problem win, lose or draw.

If it meets the budget then it's an emotional decision rather than a financial one and jumping on board only if we are looking good is soft.

You can still get on that bet

But realistically you should be looking at reaching the 70K ,

75K would seem impossible this season.

If you reach 70K that would be fantastic that's what Hawthorn is aiming for. :thumbsu:

Except Hawthorn don't even have 70k supporters and are looking at recruiting Tasmanian inbreds to get to 70k

Should be aiming for 75k still at this point although it looks like we might fall short. Don't forget we stopped last years campaign 2 months early. So we should be able to get 72k at least with a full season campaign. The rest depends on how many games we win by midseason most likely. We were 3-3 after 6 rounds last year so if we can go 1 or 2 wins better by Round 6 this year that will give numbers a boost.

Beating the Pies, to go 3-1, on a Friday night, would be a boost.
Otherwise, we may top out at 65k
Wow if both pies and tigers win this week we'll get 85,000 next Friday night.

Nah, the afl ****** s**t up with their new prices so now we won't. Get **** afl

If we don't get to 75k, we will hit it next year I'm sure.

Anyone know what our membership numbers were like when we started the 3-0-75k journey?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back