Membership 2014 - Final Total 66,122

Remove this Banner Ad

Goodness, this is a worry. We wont even come close to 70k at this rate... Need to start winning some games. Imagine if we win tonight and beat Geelong and Hawthorn before the bye! The faith will be restored... Clutching at straws.

The brissy win only hot us to 63,486 :oops:

Its going to be slow going from here. It always is after the season starts. The fact that we have not set the world on fie in the early rounds does not help.

If memory serves me correct we picked up 6.5K members after the season started last year (before we started the join for 2014 campaign). Unless form turns around over the next few weeks I think 70K will be a push

Can anyone tell me how many members we got from this point until the tally was stopped last year?

I reckon we will be lucky to get 68k.

Can anyone tell me how many members we got from this point until the tally was stopped last year?

I reckon we will be lucky to get 68k.
Lucky to get 64k at this rate. We would want to win 1 of our next 2 or we wont get 500 memberships from here on in

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Time to start counting pet memberships?

No - The number is the number. If you start counting any old membership to simply achieve a number then it makes a mockery of setting 5 year targets (e.g you eventually lose the respect of the average punter who sees you as a joke - like I don't say......releasing 1 game black and white memberships to say you have hit your target. Yes Collingwood we are looking at you here.). It also removes the focus on the underlying issues and they are not necessarily resolved.

Time to start performing on field to give us a shot.

Even though things were looking very positive at the end of last year, as a result of performance this year our 3-0-75 is currently looking like it is in tatters. If on field performance does not improve it is looking closer to 1-0-67(68)

Don't start counting rubbish memberships to pretend that this 5 year plan is going to be a success. 2-0 70 is the only measure of success of the plan.

The club has set its own high bench mark in the 5 year plan. While I don't think we need to hit 75k members to for it to be a success (69-70k would suffice), however, 1 finals appearance in 5 years would definitely be a failure. I am not talking about top 4 but we need to be in the 8 by the end of the final round or eyebrows will start to be raised.

NO PET MEMBERSHIPS. DO IT PROPERLY OR DONT DO IT AT ALL.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back