Membership 2014 - Final Total 66,122

Remove this Banner Ad

I have never been able to understand supporters who makes their call on whether to fork out for a membership based on potential for the year ahead and early round form...

If finances are indeed that tight then the couple of hundred bucks are a problem win, lose or draw.

If it meets the budget then it's an emotional decision rather than a financial one and jumping on board only if we are looking good is soft.
Unfortunately it's human nature. "I'll wait to see how we go before I buy one" is a common response I get which really means "i'm a fairweather supporter and will only fork out if we win". You're right...soft.

That was my slab you bastard .....

I thought you got on that too WATIGE, if I remember the banter/bet correctly....It's not too late (post 1367)...:thumbsu:

You can still get on that bet

But realistically you should be looking at reaching the 70K ,

75K would seem impossible this season.

If you reach 70K that would be fantastic that's what Hawthorn is aiming for. :thumbsu:
Well saddle up bucko - you're on - the Tigers will get 70k or more is my bet.

Well saddle up bucko - you're on - the Tigers will get 70k or more is my bet.

As far as I know 70k was always the bet, that's why I got on it :thumbsu:

This isn't actually true. Every time a member swipes his card, the club pays a fee for the seat. The fee that we pay for the membership is a gross figure of revenue and not a net figure.
I was saying the same thing, if a member doesn't attend then the club doesn't have to pay the grounds share of your entry fee

http://www.aflmembershipnumbers.com/richmond-membership-numbers.html

Here we go, 35,960 in 2010.

To most probably around 70,000 in 2014.

What a massive effort!

Amazing effort! Almost doubled our numbers in that same time!

Just goes to show - all it would take is for the club to get its house in order and the masses would come!

Even though some ridiculed the club for setting ambitious targets, they look on course to come very close to achieving what they set out to do. Even if we fall a bit short, it will still be a tremendous effort by all involved given the progress made in the last few years. :thumbsu:

Hawks

Caught them by 8k in 2 months then stopped completely. Come on tiger supporters we haven't had more members in 15 years. We are miles bigger so open your purses :cool:

Hawks

Caught them by 8k in 2 months then stopped completely. Come on tiger supporters we haven't had more members in 15 years. We are miles bigger so open your purses :cool:

Miles bigger is an understatement. Imagine if it was all reversed, if we had won a premiership last year and we had the Tasmanian membership scam happening. 10,000 Tasmanians off their tally, well over 10,000 added to ours, plus a further boost to our Melbourne membership that comes with success. We'd be thirty thousand ahead of them. In a perfect storm helping them maximise their membership they barely have their nose in front. Shows what minnows and wannabees they really are.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Please do not troll
Miles bigger is an understatement. Imagine if it was all reversed, if we had won a premiership last year and we had the Tasmanian membership scam happening. 10,000 Tasmanians off their tally, well over 10,000 added to ours, plus a further boost to our Melbourne membership that comes with success. We'd be thirty thousand ahead of them. In a perfect storm helping them maximise their membership they barely have their nose in front. Shows what minnows and wannabees they really are.

Members? Meaningless milestones. I'd swap 30000 members for another premiership or two in a heartbeat. Especially the Tasmanian ones :D
Maybe if you hadn't sucked the past 30 years you'd have 100000 members, "minnows and wannabees" think about such things though.

Members? Meaningless milestones. I'd swap 30000 members for another premiership or two in a heartbeat. Especially the Tasmanian ones :D
Maybe if you hadn't sucked the past 30 years you'd have 100000 members, "minnows and wannabees" think about such things though.

Says the fool reading the Richmond membership thread

E.A.D

Wow, Richmond sucked for the last 30 years hey?

If you're gunna come onto our board and hang s**t on our posters, try to be at least a little creative and original.

My four year old nephew can come up with better put downs than your pies weak effort

Lol we've stopped

its bad karma for the 5 arrogant posts preceding todays number. No need to make ourselves feel big by trying to insult Hawthorn. They've got amazing membership numbers for a 1925 entry team. We should just make ourselves feel big by being bigger.

Actually, the media seems very negative towards AFL crowds and the 'mood of the people' all based on two badly scheduled opening rounds and bizzare expectations that GWS should attract more than 20k v StKilda (where the hell did that come from?)..and saying that the footy hasn't been inspiring yet. (again, what?) . theyre all playing a kind of 'downer' vibe at the moment.. and I think that would have rubbed off a lot of hype good feelings about the season and thus slowed the sign ups. I wouldn't be surprised if all clubs have had a bit of a off-trend slowdown in the past 2 weeks?

Actually, the media seems very negative towards AFL crowds and the 'mood of the people' all based on two badly scheduled opening rounds and bizzare expectations that GWS should attract more than 20k v StKilda (where the hell did that come from?)..and saying that the footy hasn't been inspiring yet. (again, what?) . theyre all playing a kind of 'downer' vibe at the moment.. and I think that would have rubbed off a lot of hype good feelings about the season and thus slowed the sign ups. I wouldn't be surprised if all clubs have had a bit of a off-trend slowdown in the past 2 weeks?[/quote]

No Doubt WATIGE will have a graph showing this trend. WATIGE seems to be awesome with that type of stuff

No Doubt WATIGE will have a graph showing this trend. WATIGE seems to be awesome with that type of stuff
Haven't specifically been tracking that but can do from the weekly team comparisons. Unfortunately due to an enforced departure from current workplace which comes to fruition today i do not have my graph data with me and will have to post those later over the weekend. I can say how ever that this weeks join-up rate has surprised me with how low it is. We can only hope for a win tomorrow and a substantial pickup in rate heading into next weeks home game against the pies.

Haven't specifically been tracking that but can do from the weekly team comparisons. Unfortunately due to an enforced departure from current workplace which comes to fruition today i do not have my graph data with me and will have to post those later over the weekend. I can say how ever that this weeks join-up rate has surprised me with how low it is. We can only hope for a win tomorrow and a substantial pickup in rate heading into next weeks home game against the pies.
Mate. Trust you're ok. Look forward to catching up at West Coast game. Flights locked and loaded.

Haere Ra

Mate. Trust you're ok. Look forward to catching up at West Coast game. Flights locked and loaded.

Haere Ra
Had been prepared Kiwi - month off (catching Pies and Hawks games in meantime) and then think about trying to get back on the Gravy train.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back