CWaffles

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 10, 2012
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Ferrari, Chicago Bulls, NY Giants
Many of you know a while i back i made some enquiries on this form on regards to a membership. Today i was in melbourne with some mates and i decided to go out of my way the MCG to finally get it done. I've been a melbourne supporter all my life and despite the last few years they've have been my most passionate for some odd reason. However today i can finally say that i am a member, and despite living in the country i intend on coming to most games next year (Train fairs will send me broke by years end). It's more of relief thing as well as pride i'm glad that i finally am a member of this great club

Firstly well done! secondly Im exactly the same, possibly just a Glutton for punishment?

They sold memberships last season for this season with a few late season games attached. That probably gave them a good kick start.
The kangas had 40000 members for last season, they are ahead of us simply because they are currently getting more members than us

gopies1981

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 25, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Still good numbers for melbourne. You guys will get 35,000 this year. In a couple of years when you are pushing for finals you will get 40,000!

People are very quick to talk about the loyalty and passion of Melbourne supporters but in the last 8 years not too many clubs would have as any members with exception of collingwood, essendon, Richmond and carlton.

stabler

Premiership Player
Feb 7, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
If we win round 1 i expect 500 - 1000 bandwagoners to sign up
I'd go even further than that and say it would add another 5000. Seriously, we shoot ourselves in the foot year in year out losing that first game. Its so deflating, for the players and the supporters. beating gold coast would be huge and we'd finally get a chance to build on the positive changes that have happened to this club in the last couple years rather than have all the good work go down in a flaming hell fire come rd 1 like it normally does

Topkent

Confirmed ITK Drafting King
Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
To be neck an Neck with a side pushing for a flag is pretty good , they won more games last year than we have in 3

it's nice for the club to aim that high, but unfortunately the tally won't get there by round 1 i think because people want to see results before jumping on board. As mentioned before there are plenty of bandwagons out there that want to see how we go before they sign up

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back