Membership 2015 - How Melbourne are you? - now over 35k

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just got back from overseas. On the way home I said to the Mrs I expect to have a voice mail from Nath Jones from the membership drive. Checked voice mail..... Matt Jones. #fistedforever

Even Matt Jones' membership drives aren't hitting targets.

117951_48ecca76d5c5fc976bfbf660a2148c99.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    16.9 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:
I heard it actually started ticking backwards after the loss to Essendon

I heard a pile of melbourne memberships were burned and sent to Essendon in an urn with the words hear rest the ashes of the melbourne fc supporters

However essendon lost the urn and all records associated with it

Very clever N69. Now reach into those gold-filled pockets of yours and buy a dozen memberships for the hell of it

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Got viney, wasn't too bad. I always feel bad for the players having to do that so I kept it short and to the point. Three game membership for me this year, playing footy again so won't be able to attend as many games :( .

My favourite thing about the players taking calls is that in all the pictures the computers are switched off and they make the players fill in forms with pens.

Clearly they don't trust the players with the computers.

My favourite thing about the players taking calls is that in all the pictures the computers are switched off and they make the players fill in forms with pens.

Clearly they don't trust the players with the computers.

Yeah when Viney is like 'I'll just grab a pen' I was a bit surprised but oh well.

I'm not sure if any club does it, but it'd be nice if clubs got the players and coaching staff to ring every member that signs up before the New Year to thank them. I don't think we do it and I don't know if anyone else does.

Yeah when Viney is like 'I'll just grab a pen' I was a bit surprised but oh well.

I'm not sure if any club does it, but it'd be nice if clubs got the players and coaching staff to ring every member that signs up before the New Year to thank them. I don't think we do it and I don't know if anyone else does.
With 30,000 members and about 50 people making up the playing and coaching staff each person would probably need to make around about 600 calls

We had 30k before the new year? Even if it was just staff members/volunteers at the club I think it'd be a nice touch to reward those who sign up so early.
I thought you meant for all the members who signed in the year. and Headless i actually agree with you, would prefer not to be called

I like to maintain a polite distance between myself and the actual 'selves' of the footy club.

Not because I bag them out unnecessarily on here (I don't think I do) but I understand very keenly that they are people themselves, and as such I would like to think they get time to be 'themselves' without always having to be 'on' ie representing the MFC.

No idea if that makes sense.

I heard a pile of melbourne memberships were burned and sent to Essendon in an urn with the words hear rest the ashes of the melbourne fc supporters

However essendon lost the urn and all records associated with it
They snorted the ashes and took the urn to cash converters.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back