Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 10, 2012
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Ferrari, Chicago Bulls, NY Giants
Upgrading, you crazy.

From the start of 2013 season I 'changed' my address and I've been using my brother's address so I can get a country membership. More so that I keep my steak going rather than anything else.

Ok so why am I not getting any of this steak, I love steak! Maybe they made a mi-steak with my membership. Or is it only if you moo-ve to the country?

*i apologize in advance for how bad the post was, I need sleep.

Cannon82

Cancelled
10k Posts Melbourne Poster of the Year Melbourne Demons - Ben Kennedy Player Sponsor 2016 Melbourne Demons - Jeremy Howe Player Sponsor 2015 Melbourne Demons - Dom Barry Sponsor 2014 Melbourne Demons - Jeremy Howe Sponsor 2014
Oct 26, 2012
AFL Club
Melbourne
Upgrading, you crazy.

From the start of 2013 season I 'changed' my address and I've been using my brother's address so I can get a country membership. More so that I keep my steak going rather than anything else.

What's the go with a country membership? Are they cheaper or have better seating or something?

Sep 17, 2012
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
New York Giants
What's the go with a country membership? Are they cheaper or have better seating or something?

It's a 5 game membership (which worked well because I went to 2). No reserved seats or anything. Just the basic members package. It cost me $130 last year. You have to live 120km from CBD, but I used my brother's address who lives in Bendigo.

fushy

Club Legend
Apr 12, 2011
AFL Club
Melbourne

Country/Intersate get 5 home games plus what ever is in the same state as you if you are interstate.

So i get 5 home games + any game vs swans or gaints in nsw.

Cannon82

Cancelled
10k Posts Melbourne Poster of the Year Melbourne Demons - Ben Kennedy Player Sponsor 2016 Melbourne Demons - Jeremy Howe Player Sponsor 2015 Melbourne Demons - Dom Barry Sponsor 2014 Melbourne Demons - Jeremy Howe Sponsor 2014
Oct 26, 2012
AFL Club
Melbourne
I thought tickets were like $25 each anyway? We don't rate many higher category games during the year. Anyway, worth considering I guess.

Country/Intersate get 5 home games plus what ever is in the same state as you if you are interstate.

So i get 5 home games + any game vs swans or gaints in nsw.
They've improved the interstate option this (coming) year! I may actually get one.

They've improved the interstate option this (coming) year! I may actually get one.
For all sides? Good friend's wife is a member but not a supporter (can't blame her haha) but she goes every chance she gets. She's in Queensland though.

Meds

Club Legend
Nov 12, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
It's a 5 game membership (which worked well because I went to 2). No reserved seats or anything. Just the basic members package. It cost me $130 last year. You have to live 120km from CBD, but I used my brother's address who lives in Bendigo.
They should really reconsider this rule so the Geelong region is considered country.

Topkent

Confirmed ITK Drafting King
Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
Yeah especially because it would be way easier to just become a Geelong member for your footy fix

There would be much splooshing were we able to land Paddy in the trade period...

There'd also probably be a lot if we could secure Kenny Loggins to personally perform at every home game next year...

Meds

Club Legend
Nov 12, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
Yeah especially because it would be way easier to just become a Geelong member for your footy fix
Wouldn't be all that different I guess. I'd still be yelling at Frawley to run and carry, Rivers to get off his man and Clark to keep working hard in the rehab group. Only difference would be they couldn't hear me because there'd be more than seven people in the stadium at home games

Topkent

Confirmed ITK Drafting King
Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
Wouldn't be all that different I guess. I'd still be yelling at Frawley to run and carry, Rivers to get off his man and Clark to keep working hard in the rehab group. Only difference would be they couldn't hear me because there'd be more than seven people in the stadium at home games

And you might get a weird sense of Joy and happiness when a siren goes

I've been an MFC/MCC member for 15 odd years. Not really sure why, as you don't get anything for it except a couple of stickers, but I like to support the club.

It's a shame they don't bundle in free entry to Etihad home games.

I've been an MFC/MCC member for 15 odd years. Not really sure why, as you don't get anything for it except a couple of stickers, but I like to support the club.

I thought there was Etihad access?

Entry into 11 MFC home games (including Etihad Stadium)*
*Additional fees and charges may apply. Entry is subject to capacity and may not be guaranteed.
From here

Jiska said:

If there was free entry to etihad with the membership, it would convince me not to buy a one! Maybe if they start winning there, people might consider going to the etihad home games

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back