Membership 2015 - How Melbourne are you? - now over 35k

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Signed up for dedicated demon plan, payments are due out next monday, I can still cancel it right? Funds are kinda tight atm (God damn student life) and theres no way I can afford it right now. It said you can only cancel by writing by October 6th, but surely they can just turn it off over the phone or online? I emailed them just them to let them know, so hopefully get a reply tomorrow.

Signed up for dedicated demon plan, payments are due out next monday, I can still cancel it right? Funds are kinda tight atm (God damn student life) and theres no way I can afford it right now. It said you can only cancel by writing by October 6th, but surely they can just turn it off over the phone or online? I emailed them just them to let them know, so hopefully get a reply tomorrow.

Not sure. All I can say is that every dealing I've had with the membership department has been excellent, so I'm sure they can sort something out for you.

Would be great for the club to let you do something like this.
Agreed.

"At Melbourne we believe it is important to have as many supporters at the game as possible. Bums on seats are good for the club and for supporting the boys on the field. If you can't make it to games please donate your seat to a fellow Demon. Register to become a bum-chum today."

Agreed.

"At Melbourne we believe it is important to have as many supporters at the game as possible. Bums on seats are good for the club and for supporting the boys on the field. If you can't make it to games please donate your seat to a fellow Demon. Register to become a bum-chum today."

The thing is, economically, they may lose money because those donation recipients may have bought a ticket anyway. Would be worth looking into anyway.

The thing is, economically, they may lose money because those donation recipients may have bought a ticket anyway. Would be worth looking into anyway.
Farm it out to charities, schools in big working class areas, give them to recent migrants... would be a great way to get some unbelievers/uninterested/unaffordable on-board without the opportunity cost of another membership.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is that more than what we had at this time last year? It seems so, but I can't remember lol
I've added some links to the OP for 2012/2013/2014 membership years.

2012 MY - November 23 - 17,038 [35,345]

2013 MY - November 23 - 17,320 [33,177]

2014 MY - November 20 - 19,682 / November 25 - 20,223 [35,911]

So we are a good jump on previous years and nearly a week in front of last year. Also today is the earliest we have hit 20k.

I didn't sign up but I got a thank you e-mail for signing up so I assume I just ticked the "auto sign up" button somewhere/somehow/whatever.

I've never used my membership on getting into a game free, because I always buy an MCC ticket. Can I get a cheaper MCC ticket if I have a Melbourne membership?

I didn't sign up but I got a thank you e-mail for signing up so I assume I just ticked the "auto sign up" button somewhere/somehow/whatever.

I've never used my membership on getting into a game free, because I always buy an MCC ticket. Can I get a cheaper MCC ticket if I have a Melbourne membership?

Do you mean you get an MCC visitors ticket? If so then no, I don't believe MFC membership entitles you to a discount. AFAIK the only 'deal' the two clubs do is the dual MFC/MCC membership if you're an MCC member.

Do you mean you get an MCC visitors ticket? If so then no, I don't believe MFC membership entitles you to a discount. AFAIK the only 'deal' the two clubs do is the dual MFC/MCC membership if you're an MCC member.
Ahh, thanks for the reply. Was hoping an MFC Membership would allow me to buy a cheap "upgrade" to an MCC Visitor ticket.

Hey guys i'm actually looking at becoming a member for the first time now that games have better times. although i just have a query first so if somebody could give me an answer.

I don't attend AFL games often but i'm looking at a home and away membership for Melbourne games, that would allow me to sit in general admission for games. just wondering i have a friend who goes for carlton and we plan on going to that game, if he buys a ticket on the day can we get seats together in general admission?

edit: I have another question also, for games such as the queens birthday for example if general admission is full will i not be able attend the match?

Last edited:
Hey guys i'm actually looking at becoming a member for the first time now that games have better times. although i just have a query first so if somebody could give me an answer.

I don't attend AFL games often but i'm looking at a home and away membership for Melbourne games, that would allow me to sit in general admission for games. just wondering i have a friend who goes for carlton and we plan on going to that game, if he buys a ticket on the day can we get seats together in general admission?

edit: I have another question also, for games such as the queens birthday for example if general admission is full will i not be able attend the match?

Answer to the first Q is yes: General Admission is just that. Think of a GA membership as a season-long GA ticket, and your friend can buy a single ticket when they want. I'm an MCC member and if my sis or other non-MCC friend comes along to a game I like to go sit with them in GA.

Second Q: in theory if you turned up late enough AND GA was full then yeah I think you wouldn't be able to attend. But as long as you turn up in good time it's first come, first serve. In reality I doubt even a QB game would sell out completely.

Go for the membership, you shan't regret it.

d33my said:
Answer to the first Q is yes: General Admission is just that. Think of a GA membership as a season-long GA ticket, and your friend can buy a single ticket when they want. I'm an MCC member and if my sis or other non-MCC friend comes along to a game I like to go sit with them in GA.

Second Q: in theory if you turned up late enough AND GA was full then yeah I think you wouldn't be able to attend. But as long as you turn up in good time it's first come, first serve. In reality I doubt even a QB game would sell out completely.

Go for the membership, you shan't regret it.

So if i have an general admission membership for a home game and a friend gets a normal ticket we can sit together? i thought the MCC was strict on letting people sit where they want

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back