• No

Votes: 39 47.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just renewed today through Australia post. Bring on 2016
Am I the only person being called at critical moments asked to pay $200 to some random Melbourne raffle type fundraising thing? Dudes! I was actually working for once! I told the poor flog on the line that I couldn't shell out currently because money's a bit tight, but I knew a guy called Paul Roos who might be in a better financial space at the moment

Am I the only person being called at critical moments asked to pay $200 to some random Melbourne raffle type fundraising thing? Dudes! I was actually working for once! I told the poor flog on the line that I couldn't shell out currently because money's a bit tight, but I knew a guy called Paul Roos who might be in a better financial space at the moment
That $200 pisses me off. They are basically just asking for a donation, so why not make the tickets $10?
Essendon are doing the same thing. Only because I was a donor to the Flight Plan (funding the new facility) I got some pathetic grovelling email too.

Essendon are doing the same thing. Only because I was a donor to the Flight Plan (funding the new facility) I got some pathetic grovelling email too.
I'll consider a donation, I'd prefer a grovelling email or text though. I really hate being called - by anyone. MFC, random marketing from AGL, evangelical weirdos, whatever. Feels like an invasion. I'm starting to get nervy each time the Dees get a win because I know the next few days will see me at work and swearing at some harmless MFC volunteer cold caller.

I get this at least once a season, probably because I actually bought one once. I have to tell the person on the other end that my marriage won't sustain such unauthorised expenditure ever again.

I get this at least once a season, probably because I actually bought one once. I have to tell the person on the other end that my marriage won't sustain such unauthorised expenditure ever again.
Same, rationalised it as a donation at the time because the club was up s**t creek, but never again. Doesn't stop the phone calls though.

The club has a new 2016 membership counter up now so I guess we may as well get a thread going.

I know they did the membership mail out a few weeks ago but I dare say most of that 16,621 is auto renewal. Considering we got 36k this year, you'd think roughly 1/3rd are auto renewal.

I'm sure the club would love to lift this %.

Has anyone renewed yet and received any contact from the club? Like an email thanking for renewing?

Because i renewed through Australia post and received nothing. Starting to worry wether the club got my renewal

Has anyone renewed yet and received any contact from the club? Like an email thanking for renewing?

Because i renewed through Australia post and received nothing. Starting to worry wether the club got my renewal
Yeah, you should get a thankyou email.

I'm MFC/MCC - I admit to not paying up yet because I didn't have the funds available at the time to make the double payment. I'll get around to it eventually - I like that they have an option for visitors tickets included with one of the packages this year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Oh man I want a turn on this card thing!

* I got the Lumumba card. It really confused me because it kept changing names, and I got bored of it after a week. Then I used it as a roach.
* I got the Trengove card, maybe, i don't know, i've never seen it
* I got the Matt Jones card, it's s**t.
* I got the Toumpas card, it costs heaps and did nothing so I swapped it for a packet of chips.

...ok I'm done.

Try the veal! :D

PS: I got two memberships because I'm an idiot :cool:

I didn't even realize I was a dedicated demon until I got a message saying that the money will come out on the 26th of October. I had rent also due on that week so it was a big hit out of my pocket, but I figured I'm going to have to get it sooner or later so bring on 2016.
Should have changed to the pay as you go thing! Means you only pay about 1/10th of the membership price each month.

2016 will be a massive year on membership front. Hope we can get many of the "lost or elapsed" back.

Getting an international membership for next year. Does anyone know if the club charges for postage of the membership package overseas to the UK? And can the $25 Demon Shop voucher be used online?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back