Votes: 43 52.4%
  • No

Votes: 39 47.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting, seems like the supporter base is definitely expecting a big improvement next year.
I think quite a few clubs are getting better numbers by Xmas every year.

Still great for us that we're one of them though. If we could increase our average game day attendances by a few thousand that would be good too.

Still great for us that we're one of them though. If we could increase our average game day attendances by a few thousand that would be good too.

The crowds will come after the wins. I know I harp on it but if we finally start the year well and go 2-0 next year the attendances will spike dramatically.

The crowds will come after the wins. I know I harp on it but if we finally start the year well and go 2-0 next year the attendances will spike dramatically.
Yeah if we start well like that with maybe an extra one before the Richmond game, and if Richmond also start well we'll get a good return on ANZAC day eve i reckon

Good points - Think also the AFL has assisted us with their fixture but giving us so many games early at the MCG. I have this feeling our membership tent might be working overtime if we can get off to a good start.

Got a Membership from the old boy for Christmas.

First time being a member too which I'm a little embarrassed to say but I've never lived even remotely close to Melbourne. Until this year I haven't had a full time job before either due to study. Anyway enough excuses I'll be a 10 year member by 2026 :cool:
How far out of Melbourne do you live? If you don't mind me asking

What is also interesting to note is how they manage to hold their young supporters irrespective of where they finish on the ladder.

Go to any Ozkick session and it's dominated by Collingwood, Richmond & Hawks jumpers .... you just dont see kids in Demon jumpers.
Hawthorn had a successful era in the 80s, and a brilliant one now. Every Hawks fan from 20 years ago only had to sell one generation of down results to their kids, and every kid without a team now picks Hawthorn. Collingwood and Richmond are unique cases, the Pies are always up and tend to give every generation a flag or a few grand finals, whilst the Tigers have always had supporters. The Dees supporters with young kids now haven't seen any success beyond being thumped in a GF, and their kids have been born into a decade of being the league laughing stock. Three strong clubs, but then Essendon and Carlton are declining and their supporters have seen flags recently too.

I've swapped the membership cards in my wallet. Usually my Essendon one is in the slot between my bank card and my Myki where I can get it out without taking my wallet out of my pocket, and my Melbourne & AFL cards are on the other side under the bit that flips out. Usually this way because my Essendon card is the one that gets the most use. Won't be the case this year.

It's the little things.

I've swapped the membership cards in my wallet. Usually my Essendon one is in the slot between my bank card and my Myki where I can get it out without taking my wallet out of my pocket, and my Melbourne & AFL cards are on the other side under the bit that flips out. Usually this way because my Essendon card is the one that gets the most use. Won't be the case this year.

It's the little things.
It's scary how much I can relate to that wallet organisation. I swear some people just place their cards and cash in there willy-nilly with no thought for what gets used most and when

GWS Round 1, Bombers Round 2, both at the MCG.

2 wins early in the year and we could really push for a record.

GWS Round 1, Bombers Round 2, both at the MCG.

2 wins early in the year and we could really push for a record.
GWS at full strength round 1 are not going to be easy to beat. We at least have the advantage of playing at home

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's scary how much I can relate to that wallet organisation. I swear some people just place their cards and cash in there willy-nilly with no thought for what gets used most and when
It's outrageous, egregious, preposterous.

Knowing us we will stomp GWS then lose to Essendon. GWS will go on to finish top 6 and Essendon last with one win.
This is so true it hurts.

I'd be happy enough with losing every game to the top 8 clubs as long as we don't drop any points against the bottom 4. It would give me more confidence that our mental preparedness and resilience was on the improve than a few one off wins against the contenders would.

Some club's supporters get to go to a game just knowing they won't be beaten. I can't remember the last time I felt that assured of anything

Was that because of the comment above , or have you just had your fifth beer?
Probably a column A and B scenario. I've said too much, I would like some things to be cloaked in mystery

No chance my man, the Hogan era is upon us.
I look forward to Wikipedia in the future:

2008 - 2014: Financial struggles and dark times
2015 - 2028: Jesse Hogan

This is so true it hurts.

I'd be happy enough with losing every game to the top 8 clubs as long as we don't drop any points against the bottom 4. It would give me more confidence that our mental preparedness and resilience was on the improve than a few one off wins against the contenders would.

Some club's supporters get to go to a game just knowing they won't be beaten. I can't remember the last time I felt that assured of anything

Oh, come now, I've been to dozens of games absolutely certain that we'd lose.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back