Membership 2016 tally

Remove this Banner Ad

Similar thing, got an email before it was due saying I was up for automatic payment. There were instructions on how to opt out.

Can't remember choosing this option, I pay in one hit & avoid auto rollovers. Thought I must've missed the fine print somewhere.
I must have skimmed over or deleted the first email saying they put me on as auto-renew. Not the end of the world for me, just surprised it happened. Never had it before in 12 years.

Has anyone heard of the following applying for Hawthorn? Seems like a good system where members can get access to upgrade to the best seats: RFC Membership 2016 - Target 75,000, (51,212 on 30 Oct)
Was at a club focus group earlier in the year. The club is looking at something similar to this but for 2017 onwards. Particularly looking at Gold memberships which we under-utilised.

Fun fact, at any hawthorn home game, only 55% of all members attend. That's a lot of empty reserved seats that the club can't on-sell

Was at a club focus group earlier in the year. The club is looking at something similar to this but for 2017 onwards. Particularly looking at Gold memberships which we under-utilised.

Fun fact, at any hawthorn home game, only 55% of all members attend. That's a lot of empty reserved seats that the club can't on-sell

I also think it looks bad, as most of the empty seats are behind the goals at the Punt Road end.

Very true in regards to empty reserved seats. It was a thought provoking photo that the club produced.

I also attended one of the focus groups. IMHO, what the club should be doing is checking their database to see WHERE Gold Seating members live - I know there are quite a few who live interstate, have this level of membership for the guaranteed GF ticket and would otherwise rarely attend a home game in Melbourne. Maybe these seats could be on-sold to HAWTHORN MEMBERS via a link in a club generated email?

They should also be cross checking against attendance records and contacting those who live within a reasonable distance of Melbourne to find out why they don't attend home games and if these people are happy for their seat/s to be on-sold.

Reserved seats are already paid for.

Its the members choice whether or not they attend.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Reserved seats are already paid for.

Its the members choice whether or not they attend.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk
True, but its not the point of the post.

With the flexible membership option that the Club is proposing, the reserved seat holder must indicate (for example) 1 week ahead of the game whether they will attend the game or not. If they do not want to attend, the club can then re-sell the premium seat and the member can get a small credit.

This is good for many reasons,
- more money for the club
- better seat availability for all supporters
- no mass empty seating on level 2A at home games.

I dare say that is the major reason to the 2016 Gold membership seating changes.

I note the Club also said that at blockbuster games (Easter Monday or vs Collingwood), member attendance only rose to 60%.

True, but its not the point of the post.

I note the Club also said that at blockbuster games (Easter Monday or vs Collingwood), member attendance only rose to 60%.

What is the percentage at other games?

I'm in M57 which is usually only about half full, but it's not in the view of the cameras.

average is 50-55%.

blockbusters get up around 60-62%

all according to the club

That is the percentage of our total membership?

If you take into account members interstate and a long way from Melbourne, that's not quite as bad as I expected.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I work retail, meaning Saturday and Sunday, combine that with people having weddings, engagements, birthdays and other functions it is virtually impossible for me to get to anymore than 1-2 home games. I still buy my legends club membership more to help the club and the guaranteed GF ticket.

I was sent an email saying i can on-sell my seat to games I attend and I'll receive a discount on my membership. I found out the discount was $5(maybe $10). I laughed and said these campaigners are double dipping for a seat that's been already paid for. If the discount was a decent amount I'd be bothered doing it, but sometimes I find the club a little too clever for its own good.

That's just my opinion.

I work retail, meaning Saturday and Sunday, combine that with people having weddings, engagements, birthdays and other functions it is virtually impossible for me to get to anymore than 1-2 home games. I still buy my legends club membership more to help the club and the guaranteed GF ticket.

I was sent an email saying i can on-sell my seat to games I attend and I'll receive a discount on my membership. I found out the discount was $5(maybe $10). I laughed and said these campaigners are double dipping for a seat that's been already paid for. If the discount was a decent amount I'd be bothered doing it, but sometimes I find the club a little too clever for its own good.

That's just my opinion.

I got that email: I think you have it wrong: they pay you for the seat each time they onsell it, plus give you the (very small) discount on your membership.

That means, every time someone buys your seat you get paid, isn't that right?

I got that email: I think you have it wrong: they pay you for the seat each time they onsell it, plus give you the (very small) discount on your membership.

I understood it as you make your seat available, then you get the $5 discount.

This was what the email said for Round 13 this year

For the Round 13 match against Essendon at the MCG on Saturday 27 June, you now have the opportunity to return your reserved seat for resale and get credit towards your 2016 membership should you not be able to attend.

Find out how you can return your seat in our step-by-step guide here. You'll need your Member ID and Password located at the bottom of this email.

If you choose to return your seat, it cannot be retrieved to use for this match and your membership card will be deactivated for Round 13.

If your seat is successfully resold as a daily ticket sale through Ticketek, you will be awarded with a credit towards your 2016 membership. Read our comprehensive list of FAQs here for more information on the seat return process.

Please note the deadline to return your seat through your MyHawks account is 5pm EST, Thursday 25 May. Currently the seat return option is only available for Round 13.

If you have any questions regarding the seat return process, call the Membership department on 13000 HAWKS (42 957).

Go Hawks!

Membership department
Hawthorn Football Club

From reading the step-by-step guide, they only mention the credit you will receive. Nothing about the money from the sale.

That's just my opinion.

Wait... let me follow the logic here.

1. Can't go to many games
2. Hold a membership that has restricted numbers and a waiting list
3. Only hold it to "help the club" and get P1 GF access
4. Don't want to on-sell your seat despite not using it because the club would be "double dipping" and the discount isn't high enough?

Do you see how your justification of 3 directly conflicts with 2 & 4?

There ARE gold (P1) options aside from legends club, yeah?

Wait... let me follow the logic here.

1. Can't go to many games
2. Hold a membership that has restricted numbers and a waiting list
3. Only hold it to "help the club" and get P1 GF access
4. Don't want to on-sell your seat despite not using it because the club would be "double dipping" and the discount isn't high enough?

Do you see how your justification of 3 directly conflicts with 2 & 4?

There ARE gold (P1) options aside from legends club, yeah?

Dude I like my seats, I've had them since '07 and seeing the Kennedy Club are we were in got automatically upgraded to Legends last year I don't want to give them up.

My point is, if my seat has been paid for by ME, why should I get a measly $5 so the club can on sell it and get paid twice for the same thing?

I would rather give my seat to a mate, even you, for nothing than let the club on sell it.

Dude I like my seats, I've had them since '07 and seeing the Kennedy Club are we were in got automatically upgraded to Legends last year I don't want to give them up.

My point is, if my seat has been paid for by ME, why should I get a measly $5 so the club can on sell it and get paid twice for the same thing?

I would rather give my seat to a mate, even you, for nothing than let the club on sell it.

Yeah, that's fair enough, mate. But saying, you may as well sell-back for games you aren't going to, you don't lose anything. Even if it was only a little money.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back