Membership 2016

Remove this Banner Ad

Adz

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 17, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Got my email about my payment plan about to start again in late October.

I became a full AFL member this year, making the value of that membership better than my Legends.
I'm not sure what to do; on one hand I have level 2 seating in the Ponsford Stand behind the goals, I really enjoy that view and being amongst the crowd. I sat here most of the year.
However I didn't utilise my AFL membership more than 3 times this year (one home and away game and 2 finals including the GF).
Having a full membership means I don't need Legends to secure GF tickets if we make it.

If i was to downgrade my Legends to say social club- would I lose my seating on level 2?
I'm not sure what to do.

What's everyone's options for next season?
Any thoughts on what I should do?
If i decide to downgrade and lose my seat, will happily pass my level 2 seating onto someone here.

I have an 11 home game reserved seat package with seats on level 1 and this year purchased an AFL silver membership for away games.
As I go to other games with hubby (Bulldogs supporter) it worked out to be better value for me than upgrading to legends with my sister and her fiancée.
I am on the 6 month payment plan.

Are you on a payment plan?
Or do you pay upfront?
I think you have well into next year to make the payment if you prefer to do a lump sum.

I pay UpFront. So it be next year when I can do that?

You can't downgrade your membership below Legends and keep your seat on Level 2 Ponsford.

AFL and MCC memberships are far superior and better value for money than the Collingwood Legends. It would be a simple decision for me.

You can't downgrade your membership below Legends and keep your seat on Level 2 Ponsford.

AFL and MCC memberships are far superior and better value for money than the Collingwood Legends. It would be a simple decision for me.

But you have to wait a long time for a MCC or AFL Membership

What do you get for AFL Gold Membership that makes it so worthwhile?

I am Silver at the moment and thinking of not doing it next year and getting a normal Pies membership. I dont attend many games during the year.

What do you get for AFL Gold Membership that makes it so worthwhile?

I am Silver at the moment and thinking of not doing it next year and getting a normal Pies membership. I dont attend many games during the year.

I guess the priority access to GF seats (would be a higher priority if Silvers are offered the same thing), extra dining areas/reserved areas to get seats at (better view I guess), and 'access' to weeks 1-3 of finals which I assume means for free (your club doesn't have to be involved, unlike with the GF). Also has access to international cricket games... Don't know if Silvers get that.

Probably not a huge amount for however many years wait but it seems okay.

What's the waitlist to go from Silver to Full AFL membership these days? I'm considering switching over like the traitorous scum I am.

The waiting list number usually moves approximately 2000 places per year, depending of course on how many full members don't renew. Generally speaking you'd be looking at around 10 years before becoming a full member.

I guess the priority access to GF seats (would be a higher priority if Silvers are offered the same thing), extra dining areas/reserved areas to get seats at (better view I guess), and 'access' to weeks 1-3 of finals which I assume means for free (your club doesn't have to be involved, unlike with the GF). Also has access to international cricket games... Don't know if Silvers get that.

Probably not a huge amount for however many years wait but it seems okay.

Only difference between silver and full membership is access to grand final tickets, that's it - eveything else is the same, be it weeks 1-3 of finals, choice of seats, guest passess, cricket, other events, etc.

Only difference between silver and full membership is access to grand final tickets, that's it - eveything else is the same, be it weeks 1-3 of finals, choice of seats, guest passess, cricket, other events, etc.

Yeah their website is pretty poor with the way they list everything :S

Is there a difference in membership cost?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yes, full membership is a bit more.

I paid $20 for my finals tickets for week one and only $140 for the GF ticket.
If I can reserve a seat for next year I may ditch my Collingwood membership, maybe downgrade so someone else in family can use, I'm not sure.

I have an AFL silver membership that I use to go with friends to Collingwood away games, and neutral games.

I also have an 11 game reserved seat home membership, which I was able to get a discount for because I'm a Collingwood AFL member.

All up it was $600 for a $420 AFL membership, and the Collingwood membership.

But you have to wait a long time for a MCC or AFL Membership
AFL silver you are allowed to join straight away, and Full membership is about a 9 year wait.

MCC on the other hand is about 30 years for restricted, and 40 years for full.

AFL silver you are allowed to join straight away, and Full membership is about a 9 year wait.

MCC on the other hand is about 30 years for restricted, and 40 years for full.

It might become a bit less soon. A new catergory of MCC membership was recently voted in. "Provisional Membership". I believe about 10,000 on the waiting list will be offered this as soon as next year

It might become a bit less soon. A new catergory of MCC membership was recently voted in. "Provisional Membership". I believe about 10,000 on the waiting list will be offered this as soon as next year
I'm pretty sure that the waiting list is actually moving at a faster rate than they can introduce. Even with this provisional membership category coming in. A friend of mine did some calculations, and in about 5 years, they may only be introducing members at one months worth of waiting list people a year.

Why people buy two memberships for I don't get it?! AFL membership is much better value than any club membership anyway, much much cheaper for finals seats and you can bring guests along. It is also heaps better seating on the wing, sitting behind the goals, I really don't see the attraction with it personally.

Why people buy two memberships for I don't get it?! AFL membership is much better value than any club membership anyway, much much cheaper for finals seats and you can bring guests along. It is also heaps better seating on the wing, sitting behind the goals, I really don't see the attraction with it personally.
My Collingwood membership is on level 1 on the flank at the Punt Rd end. So not quite behind the goals. I've sat in the same seat since 2011, so I've gotten to know the people around me. As you said, seats are better as well as cheaper fjnals tickets with the AFL membership, so I've got an AFL membership. I don't want to get rid of my seat also, so I get both. Not that expensive.

I've renewed my Legends membership but I'm not happy. I've been sitting on level 3 (first row) for 4 years now.

I have to line up with the public for food/drink and half the time the food vendor is ******* closed.

The section I sit in (M30) in front of the scoreboard has a shortened roof so when it rains I get wet.

Tell me how & why this is the same value (almost $1k) as those on level 2?
-Direct social club access
-members food/drink vendor (no queue)
-great undercover seating

Those of us up top should be paying a cheaper tier 2 type membership. It's a glorified public seat with no perks.

I have 5 full AFL Memberships. (Whole Family)
No problem getting Grand Final tickets.
Sat in M18 Row H - Right on the centre circle.
Cost is $1,700 for 2 adult, 1 concession and 2 junior.
Grand Final ticket is $185 for AFL Members while club members paid around $399.
Not to mention cheaper finals tickets & I even just scanned in free for Bulldogs Adelaide final & sat around M24.
You cannot compare the value & AFL Members get better seats.
Even get great seats for the cricket for around $40 on Level 2 N.

Dont understand why people choose MCC over AFL Membership. All my friends who have MCC end up sleeping outside 12-24 hours before gates open on a big grand final. It suppose to be some special upper class club when people are sleeping in swags outfront to get in? I just do not see how you enjoy yourself doing that to watch a game of footy.

Dont understand why people choose MCC over AFL Membership. All my friends who have MCC end up sleeping outside 12-24 hours before gates open on a big grand final. It suppose to be some special upper class club when people are sleeping in swags outfront to get in? I just do not see how you enjoy yourself doing that to watch a game of footy.

I went online on Monday morning exactly at 9.00.05 am & bought 8 tickets.
Transaction completed in under a minute.
The MCC don't pay, they just scan in.
I would rather pay $185 than camp out all night.
I was there on Friday for Grand Final parade and they were camping out in the heat.
I'd rather not even attend if I had to do the same.
Watch it on TV.

It suppose to be some special upper class club when people are sleeping in swags outfront to get in? I just do not see how you enjoy yourself doing that to watch a game of footy.
WTF? Back in the day as a young tacker sleeping out (only did it once) with the old man getting GF ticks at Vick Park, great times.

The great songs we sang, something about Dolly Grey was a good one. :D

Remove this Banner Ad

Back