List Mgmt. Membrey Requests Trade

Remove this Banner Ad

I don't think his talent is what was keeping him out of the team, it was his defensive pressure that was the problem. By all reports he made great inroads in this department, it was just unfortunate that he was trying to break in to the then best team in the league
But doesn't that say it all? He wasn't good enough to break into the team! Rohan, Cunningham and Lloyd were all good enough to break into the team and stay there ....

I don't think either of those three played a role that Membrey would be filling.
That is semantics, they were all good enough to break into the team and stay there and Membrey had plenty of opportunity but wasn't good enough to get in, remember Goodes didn't play the first half of the year! My point is that you can have all the talent in the world but in modern footy talent is not enough it has to come with the right attitude, aptitude and application

He needs to be going to somewhere like Essendon, port, freo, Geelong, collingwood where he want be getting monstered at every contest. If he goes to the doggies he's going to get smashed every week.

Port are out, think their forward line is doing okay. Collingwood aren't going to touch any of our forwards - you can thank Jesse for that one:)
I really like Freo, would be a really good opportunity for him I think. Pity he only wants to go to Vic.

St.Kilda have pick 41, reckon that's about the right price. Otherwise the Bullies have pick 45. Their next picks will be too far out in the 60s and that's Hail Mary territory, Membrey has to be worth more than that.

Be nice to get the trade done early so we know what picks we hold for other trades if needed.

He'd be playing every week in just about any other fwd line.
that might be

ok imagine u r head of recruiting at swans and this case came up

player taken about pick 45, has spent 2 yrs in the system and played 3 qtrs of footy in the AFL
he is out of contract and wanting to leave his current club

Now would you give up a pick 26 for this player with this information on him ?
Or pick 43 ?

What did we give St Kilda for Walsh, a bloke who'd played as much AFL as Membrey? From memory, it was a second rounder, and didn't that that turn out well for us.

The guy played one game against an ordinary side (was it Carlton?), we'll be laughing if we get anything better than pick 40 IMO.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The doggies second rounder might be good enough for McDonald or a first round slider.

Could be a handy pick and hope we manage it.

Would love Membrey at essendon. Perfect 3rd forward behind Daniher and Carlisle.

What would satisfy you guys that we have to offer??

that might be

ok imagine u r head of recruiting at swans and this case came up

player taken about pick 45, has spent 2 yrs in the system and played 3 qtrs of footy in the AFL
he is out of contract and wanting to leave his current club

Now would you give up a pick 26 for this player with this information on him ?
Or pick 43 ?

Like I said. It's not because he isn't good enough, it's because of our fwd line there's no spot for him. The one game he has played showed he can actually play. There's more certainty to picking him as a player than some kid you might get at 25 that may not play a single game.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back