Memorial Delonte West-Gloria James South Beach Cup 2012 SEASON THREAD

Remove this Banner Ad

Don't look now but the Templars have won 4 weekly matchups on the trot. I may not get into the top half this season but I'm going to upset someones aspirations.;)

Andrew Bynum, Anderson Varejao, Kevin Love and now Stephen Curry...........GIVE ME A BREAK!!!!

JJ Redick and/or Kevin Martin on the trading block.

Looking for younger players and/or draft picks for next year...........

Myself and Badga have come to a deal, I hope it is ok with everyone, as it looks bad on paper for myself.

Ricky Rubio + Badga's 2013 1st Round Pick --------------> Hand Down, Man Down (Deledio2Conca)
LaMarcus Aldridge -------------------------------------> Kramerica (Badga)

Guards are a real weak spot for me where as I feel my bigs in LeBron James, Al Horford, Tyson Chandler etc are good enough to get me by, while developing bigs Enes Kanter and Thomas Robinson will hopefully develop into the type of players that represent a high pick.

Guard wise I only really have Raymond Felton and maybe Gordon Hayward who actually have relevance in a game like this.

Rubio has struggled so far coming back from a knee injury (as you'd expect given its difficult for anyone to play at a high level coming back from a knee, much less a sophomore), but hopefully this trade will pay off for me in the future, as I don't have much show at the title this year.

Hopefully the draft pick will either net me a good player or help in trade negotiations at the end of the year.

So yeah, hoping this trade is ok with the rest of you guys, if not, that's fine, but just wanted to explain my side of it.

Deled's i can't see a problem with it as it's a dynasty league.

Twelve months from now Rubio will be averaging 9+ assists and probably 2+ steals per game which are elite stats. There's no doubt eventually he will also improve his shooting so as i said i have not issue with this trade.

In the short term Badga you've made a massive improvement to your team.

Good work guys! We all love a trade! :thumbsu:

For me its whether the trade is veto-able.

I don't think it is but I reckon its a good one for Bagda.

I'm hoping as a fan of the kid as much as anything else that Rubio kicks butt for the rest of his career. Love watching him play well.

I'm staring down a 7 - 2 or 8 - 1 defeat to the Templars, it's safe to say this is the lowest point of the season for the Kidds Crew! Dwight pull your head out of your butt and stop whinging about your shoulder or your on the trading block as will a few other boys if next weeks result is just as bad!!! :mad::mad:

Before you start Bugsy, SHUT UP!!! ;)

Hey Commish, where are we recording traded future picks? I think there has only been 1 pick traded, but can we have who owns what in the first post?
btw, was there a discussion about trading future picks? ie. 2 yrs in advance?

On the block for the Templars;
Veterans Steve Nash, Dirk Nowitzki and Pau Gasol.
The Templars wont be challenging this year so I'm looking to get younger and an extra first round 2013 pick.
Any of you top tier teams need veteran help over the next couple of years? Give my head office a call...

Yeah I did we decide on whether we could trade our picks for the next 2 drafts?

The rule is only one year ahead. I'd prefer to keep it to that as it gets hard to keep track and also managers can't trade away all their picks, ruin their team and leave the league.

As soon I can I will get an updated draft pick list together.

Just for everyone's information Andre DRUMMOND, has been moved to the long term injury reserve as he has missed the required 15 games, so he has been dropped from my line-up. Please do not pick him up.

I have also posted it in the league page of yahoo.

Hey League,

Just for your info I've sent you all a private message to get involved in a supercoach league I run that has had a few withdrawals due to not participating in supercoach this year and people i've chosen not to invite back as i've deemed them not good enough. The league code is in the private message.

Join up and get on board, there are 8 places available, i's a pretty high standard league.

I think it'd be great fun to take you lads on in supercoach.

As stated in the PM it'll be a yearly/ongoing league so there will definitely be an oppurtunity to create a rivalry! Yes I am looking at you Bugsey!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Congrats to Gascan (Andy) for winning the title!

It came down to the final few minutes with the FG cat to decide it all. My boys had a .001 FG% lead but Dragic missed a couple of shots and i lost the cat by .002%!

And after being on top of my management all year in this league I slept through the beginning of the Phoenix game where I would of not played Dragic and Wes Johnson as i had a good buffer in the FG% cat that would have ultimately seen me hang on. But a massive night on the piss last night after the my Pies had knocked off the Blue boys, a lot alcohol, a couple of 18 year old hot little bi-sexual babes my mate an i dragged home and finally closing my eyes at 5am maybe the reason i didn't wake up!
So yes i lost this title but i think i won last night so i'm still grinning!! :D :D :D

Congrats again Andy and good work by everyone in this league this season. It's a great league with very active managers! The Kidds Crew will be back bigger and better next season!!!

Thanks Billy for allowing me to win my first NBA fantasy title after a disappointing loss in the GF last year.

I've been very lucky to win it, beating Fubar in the QF by 2 TO, beating Wreckx n effectx in the SF by 1 Block and Billy in the finals by 0.02% FG....

Looking forward to next season! :) :) :)

Hahaha Andy, thanks mate but you won it fair and square and I didn't allow you to win it.

My team underperformed a little this week but there are no excuses here. You had Noah out for almost the whole week to so maybe you would of won it by more if he'd been available the whole time.
Although his 5 for 5 shooting today was essentially the clincher!

Well done again!

Well done lads. It was a great season and I must say I was very happy with how my team performed in the second half of the season and to finish third was a big surprise! Look out next year!

Congrats Andy on the win, Billy for continuing to be a deadly fantasy gun and Bagda for turning your team around and getting a well deserved 3rd.

On to other news...

The worst kept secret in this league has been that I have nowhere active enough as a Commish. Its been a tough 18 months for me but I'm keen to keep ths thing going and to be a lot more active next season (if you'll all still have me, haha).

Thanks for all those that have been super active and congrats again to Andy.

Congrats Andy on the win, Billy for continuing to be a deadly fantasy gun and Bagda for turning your team around and getting a well deserved 3rd.

On to other news...

The worst kept secret in this league has been that I have nowhere active enough as a Commish. Its been a tough 18 months for me but I'm keen to keep ths thing going and to be a lot more active next season (if you'll all still have me, haha).

Thanks for all those that have been super active and congrats again to Andy.

All good Commish, you've done a great job yet again and this is a very successful league we have running. We're definitely keeping this one alive!

If you have any issues or don't think you have the time to Commish the league next season i'll step forward and take the reins from you. Otherwise if you need any assistance at anytime just ask bud!

Hey League,

Raff is going to hand over the commish baton to me in this league. As you all know he has done an ace job creating this league and commishing it since it's creation. Hopefully i can continue to do the same and follow in his mighty big foot steps! Fortunately he will remain a manager in the league. :)

Just an update for all, I'll be creating a new league thread in the early days of September but it may appear earlier. As the teams are relatively all set outside of the rookie draft there's definitely no rush. Until then, GO PIES!!! :D

Thanks Billy. As I said to Billy when offering his the commish-ship is that I don't really have the fire to be a commish at the moment and this is not fair on you all.

I know you'll do an amzing job mate :thumbsu:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back