Memorial Delonte West-Gloria James South Beach Cup 2013/2014 SEASON THREAD

Jul 13, 2007
Vicco
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Arsenal, Utah, 49ers
Kobe is almost back, so I'm putting him up for trade for a pick in next years draft. Could be a game changer come play-offs for the right team or even help get a team into the play-offs.

Very very interesting offer Gus!

For every bodies info, I'll be re-activating Trey Burke after the Jazz's 15th game as he is currently on the LTIR. As he was placed there prior to the beginning of the season he must remain for at least 15 games.

Also I don't know if it's ever been discussed but I'll bring up a new condition on the LTIR reserve. A player who was placed on the LTIR prior to the NBA season and is back active in the real NBA must be re-activated to his his fantasy league squad PRIOR to his NBA sides 21st game or he becomes a free agent. Any thoughts on this???

Jun 26, 2008
Canberra
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Arsenal
New condition for LTIR sounds logical to me.

The Templars are firing on half a cylinder this season with a little too much emphasis on geriatrics and potential...good luckthis week Billy!

Jul 13, 2007
Vicco
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Arsenal, Utah, 49ers
D Rose needs to miss 15 games now before he is eligible.

Next season I'm thinking we may tinker with the eligibility rules re the LTIR. This won't help you this season GAscan but I think next season the LTIR we will not have a set number of missed games clause (currently 15) to be placed on it but once a player is placed on the LTIR he must miss a minimum of 15 games.

So potentially next season, if a player goes down with a suspected long term injury he can be placed on the LTIR immediately but if he makes a miraculous recovery he can't come back until he has missed 15 games.

What do others think about this possible rule amendment for next season?

Jul 13, 2007
Vicco
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Arsenal, Utah, 49ers
I'd be willing to bring it in this season but as it's mid-season I believe it needs the approval of a majority of managers, so 7 from the league and we will bring it in ASAP.

So league members your thoughts on the above variation I'm proposing to be instituted to LTIR.

Gascan I'll send every one a pm requesting they take a look at the possible variation to the LTIR.

So far managers approving the immediate change of clause to the LTIR;

Billy the Kidd
Gascan
Dutch Rudder
Krisholio
Badga
Bugsy Mogues
Gus Poyet

May 10, 2004
The Mothership
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Pistons/Hammers/Sri Lanka/The Exers
D Rose needs to miss 15 games now before he is eligible.

Next season I'm thinking we may tinker with the eligibility rules re the LTIR. This won't help you this season GAscan but I think next season the LTIR we will not have a set number of missed games clause (currently 15) to be placed on it but once a player is placed on the LTIR he must miss a minimum of 15 games.

So potentially next season, if a player goes down with a suspected long term injury he can be placed on the LTIR immediately but if he makes a miraculous recovery he can't come back until he has missed 15 games.

What do others think about this possible rule amendment for next season?

Like it :thumbsu:

Jul 13, 2007
Vicco
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Arsenal, Utah, 49ers
I'd be willing to bring it in this season but as it's mid-season I believe it needs the approval of a majority of managers, so 7 from the league and we will bring it in ASAP.

So league members your thoughts on the above variation I'm proposing to be instituted to LTIR.

Gascan I'll send every one a pm requesting they take a look at the possible variation to the LTIR.

So far managers approving the immediate change of clause to the LTIR;

Billy the Kidd
Gascan
Dutch Rudder
Krisholio
Badga
Bugsy Mogues
Gus Poyet

Rule amended. Go ahead and put Rose on the LTIR Gascan!

Good work league, the new clause makes a lot of sense.

Jun 26, 2008
Canberra
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Arsenal
There have been reports by International media agencies that the Westminster Templars are tanking the season to improve there chances of acquiring Canadian Wiggins or Aussie Exum in 2014.
"I can assure you that no one in this organisation is throwing in the towel, these players are playing as hard as they can. We want to win, winning puts bums in seats"
The Templars are carrying a few non performing youngsters with a focus on development, and this has been seen by some as tanking by design. Whatever the plan is by Mr Mogues, this team stinks in 2013.

Gus Poyet

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 1, 2012
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Brighton & HA, Boston Celtics
There have been reports by International media agencies that the Westminster Templars are tanking the season to improve there chances of acquiring Canadian Wiggins or Aussie Exum in 2014.
"I can assure you that no one in this organisation is throwing in the towel, these players are playing as hard as they can. We want to win, winning puts bums in seats"
The Templars are carrying a few non performing youngsters with a focus on development, and this has been seen by some as tanking by design. Whatever the plan is by Mr Mogues, this team stinks in 2013.

Even if you finish second last you'll still be able to choose from Wiggins or Exum. ;)

Jul 13, 2007
Vicco
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Arsenal, Utah, 49ers
With the news that JRUE HOLIDAY has a stress fracture, off he goes to the LTIR.

Coming in for a trial will be DJ Augustin.

Back