Memories of childhood TV shows

Remove this Banner Ad

I mean kids shows like

The Magic Roundabout (boing said Zebedee, time for bed).

Mr Squiggle (Upside down Miss Jane)

Captain Pugwash, how did they get away with Seaman Stains, Master Bates etc?

Others?

Used to watch Pokemon regularly along with buying the games and the collector cards.
I enjoyed Digimon if it was on.
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles was always a favourite of mine.
Basically any of those cheez tv shows. sadly it's never on anymore.

one of my faves "the samurai" good old shintaro,tombeii the mist,and lip synching that wasnt quite right :p

reminded me of another one from my youth, Monkey a Japenese TV series overdubbed in English.

Catweezle :thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu: not the cartoon, the real thing.

The telling bone, shine tiny sun, etc.

Salmay, Dalmay, Adomay.

one of my faves "the samurai" good old shintaro,tombeii the mist,and lip synching that wasnt quite right :p

Ah, the star knives.:)

I also liked F Troop with bumbling Captain Parmenter and the near blind sentry. In the 1980s I did some work with a cop who had tunnel vision. He wasn't allowed to drive a car but the other cops used to make him the ''lookout''. True story.

Ah, the star knives.:)

I also liked F Troop with bumbling Captain Parmenter and the near blind sentry. In the 1980s I did some work with a cop who had tunnel vision. He wasn't allowed to drive a car but the other cops used to make him the ''lookout''. True story.
Private Vandebilt, yeah loved F Troop too, Chief Wild Eagle and Wrangler Jane;) were my favourites.

Also loved Get Smart before it jumped the shark (the marriage of Max and 99). One of my favourite scenes was when one of the arch villains (Siegfried, IIRC) was going to have Max shot and Max asked to be allowed one last cigarette before he dies. When permission was granted he pulled out a metre long extenda cigarette.

In one early episode one of the Kaos henchmen was Uncle Leo from Seinfeld.

Also loved Get Smart before it jumped the shark (the marriage of Max and 99). One of my favourite scenes was when one of the arch villains (Siegfried, IIRC) was going to have Max shot and Max asked to be allowed one last cigarette before he dies. When permission was granted he pulled out a metre long extenda cigarette.

In one early episode one of the Kaos henchmen was Uncle Leo from Seinfeld.

Totally agree re Max and 99, still one of the best shows ever. Mel Brooks is a comic genius.

Back on f -troop, did you know Melody Patterson (Wrangler Jane) was only 16 in the first series :eek:

Totally agree re Max and 99, still one of the best shows ever. Mel Brooks is a comic genius.

Back on f -troop, did you know Melody Patterson (Wrangler Jane) was only 16 in the first series :eek:

No but the show was all the better for her ''presence''.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The Thunderbirds, Lost in Space, and later Family Ties. There were many!

Alex P Keaton! Have you seen his performances as a lawyer on The Good Wife? He's still got it, despite his illness.

Mallory and the Mum were good too.

Always disliked the Dad. He didn't deserve such a nice family. Was that wrong of me?

Alex P Keaton! Have you seen his performances as a lawyer on The Good Wife? He's still got it, despite his illness.

Always disliked the Dad. He didn't deserve such a nice family. Was that wrong of me?

Maybe wrong but absolutely agree...

I haven't seen his performance on "The Good Wife". He's a legend in my eyes, both for the influence he had on me as a teen and for the way he's managed his illness. I've corresponded with him a few times and he's a quality bloke to boot.

The old man played the role of a public access tv dude with a family far more out there than him, perfectly, and yeah, he didn't deserve them. Mallory was the ant's pants back in the day. I think I heard she swapped teams, if you know what I mean. My favourite FT episode was the one he and a mate were trying to impress two chicks, until Elise burst in on them in some far away bar, and one of the chicks said to Elise "He has an important mission in the morning, he's invading Canada!" I used to know alot of the shows verbatim.

Not really childhood, more later teens for me, but Blackadder was a favourite.

Baldrick's cunning plans :thumbsu:

Not really childhood, more later teens for me, but Blackadder was a favourite.

Baldrick's cunning plans :thumbsu:

Loved Blackadder - especially the First World War series with General Malchett and Colonel Darling.

Blackadder is still running on one of the Foxtel channels.

Come on peoples, Gilligan's Island.

just watched a couple of episodes of the kenny everett show,sid snot,cupid stunt,and the hot gossip dancers

Ah yes, The Kenny Everett Video Cassette :thumbsu: the naughty bits, the "orgasmatron" and Carla :hearts: