Society/Culture Feminism part 1 - continued in part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also, thought I would put in some clever pictures for you all!

Because I want to support equality as much as the rest of you. And the only thing stopping us is feminism!

Don't worry, images will work on bigfooty again one day. And when that day comes, I've got your back!

feminazis_o_1146409.jpg

feminazi.jpg

feminazi.jpg

x8ymXNr.jpg

1290901419892.jpg

vJPjbTM.png

I had to laugh. A bit rude but impossible not to laugh.

Also, can I just say that the majority of advertisements on your site these days seem to treat women as sex objects. At the moment, I'm seeing hottest rock star daughters, hottest female golfers and something about some woman's nipples. On every page of your forum.
Yes those ads are crap. I put them in the filter as fast as I see them, but I don't see what others see all the time.

Yes those ads are crap. I put them in the filter as fast as I see them, but I don't see what others see all the time.

You never feel weird at all lecturing to folks about gender issues while you run a site that makes money from this kind of advertising?

Satire site, brah. :cool:

I found that out the hard after one of its articles said a remake of Pulp Fiction was coming out next year. Turns out it won't be until 2018. ;)
Yeah I kind of figured it was. Pretty funny nevertheless.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Of course you did :rolleyes:
And there lies the problem with scouring the web to find something to be offended by...

Seriously what is your problem? You need to chill out. A friend posted it on Facebook so I hardly scoured for it. I also made the comment when my friend posted it; "I'm pretty sure she's taking the piss".

Seriously what is your problem? You need to chill out. A friend posted it on Facebook so I hardly scoured for it. I also made the comment when my friend posted it; "I'm pretty sure she's taking the piss".
Yeah, I'm the one that needs to chill out...

So if you didn't think it was real, why did you post it in a thread set up to bitch and whine about feminism?

So if you didn't think it was real, why did you post it in a thread set up to bitch and whine about feminism?

I just thought it was interesting. I didn't have an agenda behind it either way.

Now you get all worried? Make up your mind.

Who said I'm worried or changing my mind? I just noticed that you're a massive hypocrite is all.

"Female Athletes You Didn't Expect To Be So Hot!"

I would not allow that advertising on my website, and I'm not supposed to be a feminist. You're belittling people, lecturing people, all while making money from **** and ass. Funny that not one feminist in this thread seems to be bothered by it either.

Who said I'm worried or changing my mind? I just noticed that you're a massive hypocrite is all.

I would not allow that advertising on my website, and I'm not supposed to be a feminist. You're belittling people, lecturing people, all while making money from **** and ass. Funny that not one feminist in this thread seems to be bothered by it either.
I have not seen the ads you are talking about, all I have is Windows 10, Jack Daniels, car ads, click bait news and Australian politics...

I have not seen the ads you are talking about, all I have is Windows 10, Jack Daniels, car ads, click bait news and Australian politics...

Some days are worse than others. I'm not personally bothered by it (it's just tacky). Right now, it's similar to what you just described (the hot athletes one is gone). Some days, there will be 5-6 of the 8 that are the kind of thing that feminists would normally complain about. And it's always right there underneath as I'm typing up a quick reply.

Some days are worse than others. I'm not personally bothered by it (it's just tacky). Right now, it's similar to what you just described (the hot athletes one is gone). Some days, there will be 5-6 of the 8 that are the kind of thing that feminists would normally complain about. And it's always right there underneath as I'm typing up a quick reply.
How does it work? I assume the ads appear without the consent of the site owners? Is it targeted advertising - ie different users get different ads?

Early on (couple of years) I saw them but haven't seen them recently but I have bookmarked SRP and the Pies thread so don't see other pages.
Also I have a pop-up blocker and ghostery installed so maybe that is why I don't see what you see.

How does it work? I assume the ads appear without the consent of the site owners? Is it targeted advertising - ie different users get different ads?

Not sure. I have one about pre-fab housing now, one about some Italian celebrity wedding and one about engagement rings, so if it's targeted, it's missing the mark.

I'm sure Chief is trying to filter them as best he can, but there's still usually at least one "sexist" one in the eight. I'm quite happy to get an eyeful of golf lady's breasts straining against her shirt, but to be taken seriously in this thread, surely he has to find a new way to get revenue?

So much outrage :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back